Williams F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lillschumi

Re: Williams Mercedes F1 Team 2014

I wolud not contribute all to Merc. A big factor yes but i see money and Mr Pat Symonds, i think he is really underestimated (and i have stated that previously). Don´t know what his strenght is but it seems everything he is involved in turns out fast and solid. I think when he got involved in Marussia they really started to perform better. This years Marussia car must be his work and it was bloody quick in the beginning of the season despite bad engine.

They guy have some track record of WDC,WCC. I think if Alonso can´t find a seat next year i think Williams could be a good thing, if they just can get financials sorted they will be up there regulary fighting for victories.

Manoah2u

lillschumi wrote:I wolud not contribute all to Merc. A big factor yes but i see money and Mr Pat Symonds, i think he is really underestimated (and i have stated that previously). Don´t know what his strenght is but it seems everything he is involved in turns out fast and solid. I think when he got involved in Marussia they really started to perform better. This years Marussia car must be his work and it was bloody quick in the beginning of the season despite bad engine.

They guy have some track record of WDC,WCC. I think if Alonso can´t find a seat next year i think Williams could be a good thing, if they just can get financials sorted they will be up there regulary fighting for victories.
I'd say Alonso has half a second over Bottas. That would mean several wins for Williams if Alonso was signed to Williams this year. Still won't believe for one second Alonso will race for Williams in 2015.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jonnycraig

Manoah2u wrote:
I'd say Alonso has half a second over Bottas.
:lol:

Interestingly, Smedley said a few years back that they (paddock) estimated 0.5 between the absolute fastest and slowest drivers on the grid, this at a time when Karthikeyan was racing...

Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:
I'd say Alonso has half a second over Bottas.
:lol:

Interestingly, Smedley said a few years back that they (paddock) estimated 0.5 between the absolute fastest and slowest drivers on the grid, this at a time when Karthikeyan was racing...
:mrgreen: obviously Alonso's sily season keyholder status will grant him some extra tenths boost :P \:D/ :lol:

or, it could also mean bottas and massa are as .....good....as karthinkeyan :D [Rob Smedly should know, he's worked with Massa for years] =P~
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

LookBackTime

F1 financial structure:

Manoah2u

which has to do with Williams F1 team in which way?

Cold Fussion

That flow chart is very confusing to follow.

marcush.

WaikeCU wrote:I find it quite shocking that Williams managed to win a race with Maldonado back in the season of 2012 and so far this season haven't managed to win yet.
I ´d say Maldonado would not have won a race either...
mind you wins for other teams than Mercedes came through mishaps between the two Mercedes drivers -either driving each other off the track or mechanical glitches.Funny enough always Daniel Ricciardo was in position to make the most out of these opportunities.
Maldonados win for Williams came out of the blue with a dominant weekend which came unexpected and was not bolstered by any of the later outings of team and driver....for whatever reason things just worked out that weekend.

Surprisingly we have the perception of Bottas having the edge over Massa which is not really true :

Points wise they are pretty much scoring similar points -since race 10 Felipe has even outscored Valteri -just ...Sure Valteris first half of the season was going much smoother but as long as they brought the car home there was not much between them .Massas season has been flawed by circumstances not really in his hands -just think about the 3 first lap
crashes he suffered -all of them without any chance for him to avoid .One may have his doubt with the Perez incident but
to me Checo is always a accident waiting to happen ...Felipe should have taken that into account...I think the team let him down on more than one occasion with bad stops and sub optimum strategies as well .Considering most of us had written off Felipe already it is quite refreshing to see him well ahead of not only Raikkonen but recently also Alonso

Still I think Alonso would have pushed the team a lot harder -I´m not sure if that would have netted better results but given the chance they just would have to give it a try.

foxmulder_ms

That is an awesome chart, tnx for sharing. "Ferrari payment" sounds so funny and also for new teams, breaking the status quo is impossible in this environment. wow...

mikeerfol

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/niels ... g-manager/
Williams appoints Steve Nielsen as sporting manager.

astracrazy

Cold Fussion wrote:That flow chart is very confusing to follow.
really? you just need to follow the lines.

rich1701

marcush. wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:I find it quite shocking that Williams managed to win a race with Maldonado back in the season of 2012 and so far this season haven't managed to win yet.
I ´d say Maldonado would not have won a race either...
mind you wins for other teams than Mercedes came through mishaps between the two Mercedes drivers -either driving each other off the track or mechanical glitches.Funny enough always Daniel Ricciardo was in position to make the most out of these opportunities.
Maldonados win for Williams came out of the blue with a dominant weekend which came unexpected and was not bolstered by any of the later outings of team and driver....for whatever reason things just worked out that weekend.

Surprisingly we have the perception of Bottas having the edge over Massa which is not really true :

Points wise they are pretty much scoring similar points -since race 10 Felipe has even outscored Valteri -just ...Sure Valteris first half of the season was going much smoother but as long as they brought the car home there was not much between them .Massas season has been flawed by circumstances not really in his hands -just think about the 3 first lap
crashes he suffered -all of them without any chance for him to avoid .One may have his doubt with the Perez incident but
to me Checo is always a accident waiting to happen ...Felipe should have taken that into account...I think the team let him down on more than one occasion with bad stops and sub optimum strategies as well .Considering most of us had written off Felipe already it is quite refreshing to see him well ahead of not only Raikkonen but recently also Alonso

Still I think Alonso would have pushed the team a lot harder -I´m not sure if that would have netted better results but given the chance they just would have to give it a try.
It just shows how good the williams was that year, the drivers in 2012 really held the team back IMO. The car was capable of so much more. They always had a good technical base which was distorted by not understanding EBDs in "13. Judging From that chart williams funding should increase by about $25m in 2015.

Burgess

marcush. wrote:[ mechanical glitches.Funny enough always Daniel Ricciardo was in position to make the most out of these opportunities.

He had a couple of decent qualys like Singapore and Abu Dhabi (and was running well until his kers failed) But it still wasn't consistant.

Sevach

rich1701 wrote:
It just shows how good the williams was that year, the drivers in 2012 really held the team back IMO. The car was capable of so much more. They always had a good technical base which was distorted by not understanding EBDs in "13. Judging From that chart williams funding should increase by about $25m in 2015.
34 actually, the difference between the 21 they got last year and 55 the 3rd place Ferrari got.
Plus the new sponsors (minus Banco do Brasil in all probability)

iotar__

Burgess wrote:
marcush. wrote:[ mechanical glitches.Funny enough always Daniel Ricciardo was in position to make the most out of these opportunities.

He had a couple of decent qualys like Singapore and Abu Dhabi (and was running well until his kers failed) But it still wasn't consistant.
Couple of decent qualys? Couple and decent??
Valencia -3 , Spa -3, Germany - 6 Spain, Abu, Singapore. There was nothing inconsistent about it with 11 Top 10. Competition in 2012 was also incomparable. In 2014 Massa gets himself a speeding penalty, goes to the wrong pitstop and still loses nothing, same for Bottas and starts, qualifying was even more obvious.