Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mikeerfol

Re: Ferrari 666 Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

Can someone translate that and tell me what exactly it says about the Ferrari and push rod suspension?

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2014/06 ... h-rod.html

giantfan10

mikeerfol wrote:Can someone translate that and tell me what exactly it says about the Ferrari and push rod suspension?

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2014/06 ... h-rod.html
google translate

Cuky

F1NAC wrote:One question. Maybe silly, but why teams opted for log style exhaust? Are they trying to reduce cooling requirements with gaining less output from cylinders thus less heat? Thanks
As far as I understand it: shorter exhaust pipes = smaller loss of exhaust energy = more energy to spin the turbine.

But I think that they opted for that design as it uses much less space inside sidepods than exhaust type we were used to see, so they probably decided on it because probable small loss of power from ICE is negated by improved aero.

Dream Theater

Cuky wrote: As far as I understand it: shorter exhaust pipes = smaller loss of exhaust energy = more energy to spin the turbine.
It's physically true, but it does really that much difference regarding losing exhaust energy?
Considering exhaust gases velocity and the fact that the exhaust length difference is about centimeters, I think that it really doesn't do much difference. I mean, the exhaust energy difference can't be so big to have a real gain...or I'm wrong?

Cuky

well, I have no knowledge of numbers regarding exhausts so I don't want to even begin to speculate how much influence it has.
I have just wrote from what I understand from physics I learned in my high school and university classes so I may be very much wrong on that.

Someone who is educated in a field that is more relevant to the topic would for sure be able to give much better answer than me

Harsha

So far what i gathered for Ferrari 666
1. New endplates
Ferrari tested this version guaranteed until the end of 2014. Objective: The air flow around the rear should be improved. This provides more downforce.
2. New rear wing
The only slightly modified spoiler with only one pillar to air turbulence calm that interfere with driving.
3. New hood
Is larger. Ferrari is based on the turbocharger assembly of the Mercedes, because their own drive concept was built too tight and generated enough horsepower. Therefore, the new car offers more space and can use the exhaust gases much more effective.
4. Create a Page Boxes
The outlets be made much greater in order to get more cooling for the motor. More cooling means less power loss. That was one of the main problems in the past season.
5. New Suspension
Ferrari returns to a more conventional, but effective concept. Like all other teams too, they go from 2015 again with a push rather than a Zugstrebenaufhängung. Result: more freedom to vote, more stability when turning.
6. New Nose
The ugly noses are prohibited. Ferrari will base its new front in the Mercedes. Whose nose was next to the engine as big selling point of the Silver Arrows.

Harsha

Ferrari 2015 challenger passed the track test but was delayed in development due to PU.
Split Turbo will come as a upgrade later into season via AMUS

CBeck113

Harsha wrote:So far what i gathered for Ferrari 666
1. New endplates
Ferrari tested this version guaranteed until the end of 2014. Objective: The air flow around the rear should be improved. This provides more downforce.
2. New rear wing
The only slightly modified spoiler with only one pillar to air turbulence calm that interfere with driving.
3. New hood
Is larger. Ferrari is based on the turbocharger assembly of the Mercedes, because their own drive concept was built too tight and generated enough horsepower. Therefore, the new car offers more space and can use the exhaust gases much more effective.
4. Create a Page Boxes
The outlets be made much greater in order to get more cooling for the motor. More cooling means less power loss. That was one of the main problems in the past season.
5. New Suspension
Ferrari returns to a more conventional, but effective concept. Like all other teams too, they go from 2015 again with a push rather than a Zugstrebenaufhängung. Result: more freedom to vote, more stability when turning.
6. New Nose
The ugly noses are prohibited. Ferrari will base its new front in the Mercedes. Whose nose was next to the engine as big selling point of the Silver Arrows.
This is all from the Bild article, so it wasn't vert difficult to gather, I gather...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

santos

Harsha wrote: 6. New Nose
actually the nose of the F14T is the most similar with what the rules says for 2015.

Harsha

CBeck113 wrote:
Harsha wrote:So far what i gathered for Ferrari 666
1. New endplates
2. New rear wing
3. New hood
4. Create a Page Boxes
5. New Suspension
6. New Nose
This is all from the Bild article, so it wasn't vert difficult to gather, I gather...
Yes , I forgot to put the article link below

Crucial_Xtreme

OmniCorse reports the 2015 car will retain the front pull rod suspension.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/45443/ ... o-del-2015

lkm9719

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:OmniCorse reports the 2015 car will retain the front pull rod suspension.

hope that is not true as it is not a good sample as no team is using this concept

Harsha

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:OmniCorse reports the 2015 car will retain the front pull rod suspension.

Is it possible to replace it mid season ??

wesley123

Would require a change on the tub, but why would they?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

f1316

Hope this is not a consequence of them starting the 2015 car 'late' as has been reported.

Unbelievable that they would not start it very early; was clear 2014 was a write off from very early on.