Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Mclaren Honda 2015

Team: McLaren Honda
Base: McLaren Technology Centre Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Team principal(s): Éric Boullier (Racing Director), Jonathan Neale (Interim CEO), Ron Dennis (Group CEO)
Technical director(s): Tim Goss, Neil Oatley, Peter Prodromou

Race drivers: 14 Image Fernando Alonso & 22 Image Jenson Button

Test drivers : 20 Image Kevin Magnussen & 32 Image Stoffel Vandoorne

Chassis: MP4-30
Engine: Honda V6 Turbo

2014 position: 5th (181 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2015 Mclaren - Honda F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Mclaren - Honda F1 MP4-30 CAR: Click HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

radosav

Re: Mclaren - Honda ● F1 Team 2015

I wonder did Alonso and Magnussen have chat about this year incident at SPA !

Manoah2u

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Colour change confirmed

http://f1today.net/en/news/mercedes-mcl ... s-for-2015

....Mercedes intend to switch from silver to a striking mirror-like chrome paint-job this year.

the special chrome paint for the 2015 livery is called 'Kromo', and will also be supplied to wheel supplier OZ for the title-defending W06 raced by world champion Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

with Mercedes stepping up its iconic silver look, Woking based McLaren is tipped for a complete livery U-turn in 2015.

McLaren turned silver in 1997, at the height of its works collaboration with Mercedes, but now the famous British team is kicking off its new era with Honda.

"Honda does not want (McLaren) to continue with silver because it is a colour immediately associated with Mercedes and the 'Silver Arrows'."

"There are rumours the (2015) car could be orange, McLaren's traditional colour, for testing. But it could also be white, in a double-tribute: to Honda and also because McLaren's first F1 car was that colour" in 1966. "The final choice could depend largely on whether McLaren has a major sponsor in 2015 or not," the report added. (GMM)
Might get to see a white-orange combo 8)
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Richard

We've got engine freeze conversations in several team threads.

Lets move to one place, I'll move recent posts from here to maintain continuity

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

George-Jung

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

If I am correct, Hugo Boss is no longer a McLaren sponsor..

Manoah2u

Manoah2u wrote:Stupid question, but :

Is it possible, through a devious plot - to indirectly get Marlboro sponsorship?

As in:
Honda get's Marlboro sponsorship money,
then Honda sends that money to Mclaren in the form of 'Sponsorship'.

Marlboro tells Honda to make Mclaren wear that classic Marlboro livery.
Honda tells Mclaren to wear that classic Marlboro Livery
Mclaren wears that classic Marlboro livery.

Mclaren gets the Marlboro money, through a Honda transfer.
If the FIA gets annoying about how it resembles Marlboro,
they'll state they arent sponsored like Ferrari by Philip Morris
but that it is a livery of Mclaren-Honda, and it is an artistic impression
of Honda's imagery of mount Fuji with a retro-vibe of a classic Mclaren F1 livery.

that could work, now couldnt it?

Mclaren being sponsored by Marlboro whilst not being sponsored by Marlboro. =P~ :mrgreen:
Sounds like a brilliant possibility to me - if they can get away with that ( which i think they actually can )
how does this get negative hits? :wtf: #-o

Richard

Manoah2u wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Stupid question ...
how does this get negative hits? :wtf: #-o
It is a bit random as you acknowledged in the first line. I did wonder if you'd been reading the De Vinci code?

CjC
CjC

Thunders wrote:
George-Jung wrote:If I am correct, Hugo Boss is no longer a McLaren sponsor..
Yep, they've takes their $'s to Merc
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/
Hugo boss are listed here still?
Just a fan's point of view

j2004p

CjC wrote:
Thunders wrote:
George-Jung wrote:If I am correct, Hugo Boss is no longer a McLaren sponsor..
Yep, they've takes their $'s to Merc
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/
Hugo boss are listed here still?
Cant comment for Mclaren's webmasters, but here's the spiel from last year
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/07/0 ... E020140706

Vasconia

I know that many people would like to see a comeback of the white-orange coloured cars but I am not a great fan of this combination. I would like to see a darker combination but Its very unlikeable.

I hope that Prodomou can finally desing a good car for Mclaren, if not it will not matter how good Honda´s engine can be.

astracrazy

I'm 99% sure they will not go back to the old white-orange design. It was related to Marlboro because they were the sponsor

1) its subliminal tobacco advertising i.e look at the barcode on the ferrari. So I highly doubt it would be allowed.
2) its free advertisement for marlboro essentially given them title sponsorship livery for free - and who would do that?

GoranF1

Telefonica/Movistar confirmes no Mclaren sponsorship in 2015,the negotiations did took place but have now reached a "dead point".

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

McG

Isn't Marlboro red?
Last edited by McG on 16 Jan 2015, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.
F1 is dead.

Manoah2u

astracrazy wrote:I'm 99% sure they will not go back to the old white-orange design. It was related to Marlboro because they were the sponsor

1) its subliminal tobacco advertising i.e look at the barcode on the ferrari. So I highly doubt it would be allowed.
2) its free advertisement for marlboro essentially given them title sponsorship livery for free - and who would do that?
1)Lotus runs a john player special livery without being a JPS connection, and they get away with it no problemo.
The Ferrari has a prominent subliminal logo on the side of their car, it's essentially half the Marlboro logo. They run a Marlboro red-color instead of real ferrari red. The white patches on the wings are another factor in that.
2) It's not free sponsorship for Marlboro if there is a smart construction which has Marlboro sponsoring Mclaren indirectly without Mclaren being able to be tied to any accusation of running tobacco advertising. It's been stated in another topic.
[ Marlboro could demand Honda to demand Mclaren to run a white-red livery, and if they do they'll get money. Honda meanwhile 'occasionaly' funds Mclaren a certain amount of money [ which turns out to be the same Marlboro sends to Honda] It might not happen, but it is a possibility.

Manoah2u

McG wrote:Isn't Marlboro red?
Marlboro is.

So is the Red of Vodafone. Meanwhile, when Vodafone sponsored Mclaren, the Red on the side had a very orangish expression to it. You could not see that so good on TV, but in real life you can see it clear.

Likewise 'Hugger Orange' on a Chevy is called 'Carousel Red' on a Pontiac. Despite it being the exact same paint.
It's both Red and it's both Orange.