Lotus F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Lotus F1 Team 2015

Team: Lotus F1 Team
Base: Enstone, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Gérard Lopez, Federico Gastaldi
Technical director(s): Nick Chester

Race drivers: 8 Image Romain Grosjean & 13 Image Pastor Maldonado

Test drivers : TBA

Chassis: E23 Hybrid
Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo

2014 position: 8th (10 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2015 Lotus F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Lotus F1 Team - Mercedes E23 Hybrid F1 CAR: Click HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lio007

Re: [Genii] Lotus - Mercedes ● F1 Team 2015

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117264
Allan Permane wrote:With all respect to [new technical director] Nick [Chester], James was an absolute team leader.
Losing James was a big hit.
For me this quotes sounds like Nick Chester isn't a good TD or team leader. In my opinion not a nice move by Permane.

Anyway, I hope they've compensated the exits of their tech staff and are in a better shape than 2014.

marcush.

I think it was meant not in the way you read it.
But on the other side it very much is a surprise to hear that removing the heads of the departments made Lotus struggling for direction ...If you know whats the deal you know and you do not need the boss telling you ..It seems this team has a lot of "free spirits" who need harnessing by strong leaders to not get carried away with some pet ideas... :roll:

Jonnycraig

With the Merc engine, it should be a season of reinvigoration for Lotus. Would be amazed if they didn't challenge for a podium this season.

windwaves

Jonnycraig wrote:With the Merc engine, it should be a season of reinvigoration for Lotus. Would be amazed if they didn't challenge for a podium this season.
I hope you are right ! I would love to see Lotus back. Williams did it, so why not ?

Vasconia

Jonnycraig wrote:With the Merc engine, it should be a season of reinvigoration for Lotus. Would be amazed if they didn't challenge for a podium this season.
They need more than a great engine, Force India has had this engine and a "not bad" chasis but it wasnt enough. The loss of some important technical figures was tremendous for the team. I hope that they have reinforced their staff again in order to design a good chasis, if not they will improve a little bit, but not enough to be competititve again.

Manoah2u

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2015

Ditch the maldo, get a seriously good driver there [ bottas would do but he has no reason to go to lotus ],
improve team quality, stop spending time on useless activities [ a f1 car pulling a camper and a lotus truck jumping an F1 car and twitter'fun' ] and they'll improve by a big margin.

Obviously the exodus of key technical figures had a huge impact on Lotus for 2014. Don't forget that they actually were in a very good position pre the 2014 season. Curious on how they'll improve for '15. They were very late for 2014 with the tests and they had the bad luck of also having the worst engine in the first part of 2014 with all it's problems.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Shrieker

I expect them to be at least at the level of Toro Rosso now that they've got the merc planted in the chassis. Even if they don't improve the chassis much (no doubt they will tho).
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Vasconia

Shrieker wrote:I expect them to be at least at the level of Toro Rosso now that they've got the merc planted in the chassis. Even if they don't improve the chassis much (no doubt they will tho).
I hope so, Toro Rosso will improve too but it has very unexperienced drives, lets see what happens.

About Maldonado, if the car is good he will deliver, but he obviosuly need to be more constant and less chaotic.

iotar__

Shrieker wrote:I expect them to be at least at the level of Toro Rosso now that they've got the merc planted in the chassis. Even if they don't improve the chassis much (no doubt they will tho).
Toro Rosso? They can't be in the same universe as TR. If they can't beat Williams nevermind TR they should pack it and leave because what's the point? Thus completing BMW-like cycle: wasted opportunities in 2013 through bad management and denial about about it (failure being celebrated virtue and alternative reality of marketing that doesn't last), poor season or two with all kinds of problems and retirement.

zeph

New car:

stefan_

A glimpse of the 2015 team kit & overalls

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FrukostScones

Lotus to miss at least first day(s) of Jerez test?

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

quidam

Full driver line up :

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/01/29/f ... test-2015/

Maldonado first !

Alexgtt

I see Groj still has Total on his overalls and a couple more badges than Mal. Personal sponsors I guess?