Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FoxHound

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

SiLo wrote: Fancy letting me know where I can make such a bet?
As soon as they let me know I can update you.
JET set

turbof1

Guys, the topic is about the team, not the personal lives of the individuals of that team. I'm removing the chatter about the on/off relationship of Lewis/Nicole. That simply does not belong in this topic and unless we get a clear indication it affects Lewis' performance, I don't see how it belongs on F1technical anyway.

As Foxhound quoted the famous quote: When the flag drops the bullshit stops.
#AeroFrodo

Morteza

I see Mark Ellis is there. But how about Giles Wood? I guess Red Bull retained him, right?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SectorOne

Talking of sponsors, Schenker is now onboard.

http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/20 ... ouncement/
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MercedesAMGSpy

Love it how people always want to talk in Mercedes threads about Lewis, so obsessed.

Ontopic: That clip posted shows almost the whole design team with Costa, Willis/Elliot. Very interesting to see.

burnio7007

Will Mercedes keep its dominance on 2015 season?

Do you think that Mercedes will keep its dominance at 2015, or, can any other team face the German team?

Briatore already made his bet:
http://autoronaldo.com/briatore-says-me ... mpionship/

Facts Only

Re: Will Mercedes keep its dominance on 2015 season?

German team?
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

SilverArrow10

Make no mistake the bills are paid from Stuttgart
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Facts Only

SilverArrow10 wrote:Make no mistake the bills are paid from Stuttgart
Doesn't make them a German team, also a lot of the bills will be paid for with money from PETRONAS so by that logic they are a good part Malaysian.
Manchester United are owned by an American but I doubt anyone would call them an American Team (its not the same I know) but my point is that the Mercedes "team" is based in Britain and mostly staffed by British people so calling Mercedes a German team is not really accurate. German Owned Team perhaps. Would you call FIF1 and Indian Team?

Its odd that Both Toro Rosso and Red Bull are listed as owned by Red Bull but Torro Rosso is still classed as an Italian Team whereas Red Bull is entered as Austrian.

I'm not advocating that anything should changed, I just think its quite funny.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

SectorOne

German brand, international team, based in Britain.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

HairyOne

Ferrari is an Italian team. However, the rest are English teams. Most even listed as English companies at Companies house if you fancy a gander.

Sorry, but that's the way it is. They may be funded by other companies, but where they do their business, is the UK.

Richard

As it happens, F1 uses the team registration for the nationality. You could have a team staffed by Latvians working in a factory in Riga, but if you use a postal address in Rapa Nui then they'll fly the red reimiro when you win a race.

So yes, Mercedes AMG Petronas is a german team.

Anyway, nationality has no relevance for performance so frankly its pretty much off topic here.

HairyOne

The Mercedes engine facility is a listed English company, so I think this is all moot; what they do do, is race on a german license. They could race on a latvian one if they liked, or Cape Verde.

But yes, off topic.

PlatinumZealot

Did anyone else notice that Lewis and Nico have taken the level of seriousness about the 2015 championship up to an extreme?
Nico has built a torture chamber sort of gym to exercise all the relevant muscles for driving, and he has even started practicing breathing techniques in high stress and high speed situations. Lewis on the other hand, has dumped Nicole (for real this time!) to increase his consistency even further. We are going to see two drivers fully focused, fully conditioned... no quarter given. It is going to be nasty.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moose

PlatinumZealot wrote:Did anyone else notice that Lewis and Nico have taken the level of seriousness about the 2015 championship up to an extreme?
Nico has built a torture chamber sort of gym to exercise all the relevant muscles for driving, and he has even started practicing breathing techniques in high stress and high speed situations. Lewis on the other hand, has dumped Nicole (for real this time!) to increase his consistency even further. We are going to see two drivers fully focused, fully conditioned... no quarter given. It is going to be nasty.
That doesn't seem like "the next level of seriousness" to me, intensive training all winter (and all summer) is par for the course for any F1 driver.