Lotus F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2015

Lotus are in Jerez :)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

stefan_

One Step Closer

Carmen Jordá is one step closer to her goal of racing in Formula 1 today, as it was announced she would be joining the Lotus F1 Team family for the year as a Development Driver. With her sights firmly set on driving the E23 Hybrid before the year is out, Carmen will work closely with the team on an intensive simulator programme in Enstone, while being put through her paces thanks to a comprehensive fitness regime to prepare for the opportunity.

Combined with attending Grands Prix and tests for Lotus F1 Team, Carmen’s role will focus on assessing the latest developments of the team’s 2015 challenger. With racing experience in both Europe and America, Carmen’s distinctive perspective will serve to further enhance the E23’s evolvement curve.

Daughter of ex-driver Jose Miguel Jorda, Carmen has been racing professionally since 2001 and her goal has always been Formula 1: “It feels like a dream come true to join Lotus F1 Team,” said the Spanish driver. “I’ve been racing since I was ten years old so it was my dream to drive a Formula 1 car since I was very young.

“Joining Lotus F1 Team is a big step towards my goal. I will be working to improve myself as a driver as well as helping the team to develop the car by testing new developments in the simulator; it’s such a fantastic opportunity. I know this is just the beginning and the biggest challenge is yet to come but already being part of a team with such a history is a real honour. This is a great achievement, but an even greater opportunity which will lead to bigger and better things.”

Lotus F1 Team CEO, Matthew Carter, added: “We are happy to announce Carmen Jordáas a Development Driver for Lotus F1 Team and we are looking forward to working with her over the course of the season and ultimately seeing her behind the wheel of the car.

“Carmen will bring a fresh perspective to the team,” continued Matthew, reflecting on Carmen’s racing background which covers Formula 3 and Indy Lights, as well as the GP3 Series. “We have a strong programme for her attending Grands Prix as well as extensive time in our sophisticated simulation facility at Enstone. She is a unique addition to the team and we are looking forward to helping her progress her goals as well as receiving the benefit of her insights and contributions to the development of the E23 Hybrid.”

source: lotusf1team.com
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Jonnycraig

For those unaware of Jorda, she was routinely a few seconds per lap off the back of the GP3 grid, failed to make 107% in Britain in 2013, and perhaps the most damning indictment, having been dropped by Korainen last season, in her familiar position of last by a few seconds Dean Stoneman jumped in her car and immediately won in it. :lol:

Money and looks always help of course.

Italiano

Hopefully this doesn't become a trend...giving any sort of contract to a woman, just to get some media attention. It dumbs down the role women might have one day in motorsport and just has potential to embarrass those like Jorda.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Jonnycraig

Jorda's GP3 teammate:
Rob Cregan (@robcregan): Carmen jorda couldn't develop a roll of film let alone a hybrid f1 car, f1 is about talent not money and nagging up fake positions
Mitch Evans:

From Reddit:
Her boyfriend is Alexandre Molina, "Master of Ceremonies" of F1 (the guy that gives the caps to the drivers at the podium).

Her email, revealed in her new twitter accounts, is from Romelle Swire. The CEO of that company is Scott Harvey-Nicholls, boyfriend of... Tamara Ecclestone.
Fair to say this hasn't gone down well :lol:

ChrisF1

Absolute joke, but hey, it's their money to waste.

iotar__

Jonnycraig wrote:Jorda's GP3 teammate:
Rob Cregan (@robcregan): Carmen jorda couldn't develop a roll of film let alone a hybrid f1 car, f1 is about talent not money and nagging up fake positions
Mitch Evans:
From Reddit:
Her boyfriend is Alexandre Molina, "Master of Ceremonies" of F1 (the guy that gives the caps to the drivers at the podium).
Her email, revealed in her new twitter accounts, is from Romelle Swire. The CEO of that company is Scott Harvey-Nicholls, boyfriend of... Tamara Ecclestone.
So she's a slower(?) Susie Wolff version but with some vague Ecclestone connection and without driving in tests (a plus)? Brilliant twitter/Reddit detective skills :o , they really pulled off "Emperor's New Clothes" on this one but where were they during previous seasons? As long she's not driving the car, doesn't earn +10 million and results aren't wasted on her = who cares.

ParkerArt

iotar__ wrote: So she's a slower(?) Susie Wolff version but with some vague Ecclestone connection and without driving in tests (a plus)? Brilliant twitter/Reddit detective skills :o , they really pulled off "Emperor's New Clothes" on this one but where were they during previous seasons? As long she's not driving the car, doesn't earn +10 million and results aren't wasted on her = who cares.
Because test drivers have historically been brought into the F1 fold as young development drivers? Red Bull have their own driver program and Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes groom young drivers so the vast majority of the F3 and GP2 drivers have no where to go.

I have no problem with pay drivers; Alonso and Pastor are good additions to the sport but this women is taking a seat that should have gone to a driver that has the talent to move into F1.

Facts Only

It makes me sad the way that these signings are billed as some sort of equality and empowerment to women when in actual fact its just hugely insulting to any woman who is hard working and talented.

Its definitely one area where the new Super-Licence rules are of use, she says its her dream to be an F1 driver so she will need to head back to GP2 and win some races.

I'm sure someone will bill me as a sexist pig now but having a daughter and wanting her to do well in life genuinely makes me want to see equality and for her to be treated the same as any man.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Jonnycraig

Turns out her dad is high up in Santander Group and friends with Bernie, so it's not hard to see why Lotus were keen.

stefan_

With all the respect for Lotus and Carmen, but this was my reaction upon reading about her new role with the team.

j2004p

As above, might be labelled a sexist pig for this, but this is NOT equality.

This IS a cheap (and fairly obvious) publicity stunt.

What's sad is that there are likely far more promising female drivers alone who would do a better job than someone with a proven record of under-achievement.

I hope she proves us all wrong, but I somehow doubt it

turbof1

Facts Only wrote:It makes me sad the way that these signings are billed as some sort of equality and empowerment to women when in actual fact its just hugely insulting to any woman who is hard working and talented.

Its definitely one area where the new Super-Licence rules are of use, she says its her dream to be an F1 driver so she will need to head back to GP2 and win some races.

I'm sure someone will bill me as a sexist pig now but having a daughter and wanting her to do well in life genuinely makes me want to see equality and for her to be treated the same as any man.
I don't really think anyone can disagree with you here. Carmen surely has the heart and the will to do it, but you need to have the talent too. She unfortunaly does not have it. There are other women who do have but aren't getting the chance.

I'm all for emancipation in autosport and society in general. It means that men and women need to get equal chances no matter gender or financial backing. On basis of that, Carmen does NOT deserve that role, just like so many other male drivers in the past.
#AeroFrodo

lpatterson

I don't comment very often. However i am just going to come out and say it loud & clear. What a F*****G JOKE!!!.
Clearly has no place in Formula 1, even if it is a testing role.

Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:It makes me sad the way that these signings are billed as some sort of equality and empowerment to women when in actual fact its just hugely insulting to any woman who is hard working and talented.

I don't really think anyone can disagree with you here. Carmen surely has the heart and the will to do it, but you need to have the talent too. She unfortunaly does not have it. There are other women who do have but aren't getting the chance.

I'm all for emancipation in autosport and society in general. It means that men and women need to get equal chances no matter gender or financial backing. On basis of that, Carmen does NOT deserve that role, just like so many other male drivers in the past.
The worst part about Jorda is that whilst we always say 'they're far better than any of us', having seen her in action, I genuinely believe that anybody on here given her amount of experience would be miles faster than her. As said, her heart is almost certainly in the right place, but she must surely realise how bad she is and deep down must be a tiny bit embarrassed to get opportunities based purely on how she looks.