Lotus F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ChrisF1

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2015

Chanoch Nissany or Carmen Jorda?

iotar__

ChrisF1 wrote:Chanoch Nissany or Carmen Jorda?
Susie Wolff, as previously said on account of her actually driving Williams and wasting testing time.

"Twitter/reddit" gets excited about nothing. Hiring her has no negative impact for the team whereas wasting Barcelona testing time on Palmer after already missing one day in Jerez has. Same for planned wasting Friday practice sessions although they can't really be that stupid, or can they? How much is Palmer paying for that? I'll leave it to internet detectives to figure out.

Just_a_fan

iotar__ wrote:
Susie Wolff, as previously said on account of her actually driving Williams and wasting testing time.

"Twitter/reddit" gets excited about nothing. Hiring her has no negative impact for the team whereas wasting Barcelona testing time on Palmer after already missing one day in Jerez has. Same for planned wasting Friday practice sessions although they can't really be that stupid, or can they? How much is Palmer paying for that? I'll leave it to internet detectives to figure out.

This would be the Palmer that won GP2 last season? The Palmer who actually has some racing ability and success under his belt? The Palmer who isn't there solely because he is a well-funded, nominally good looking, female? :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ParkerArt

Just_a_fan wrote:
iotar__ wrote:

This would be the Palmer that won GP2 last season? The Palmer who actually has some racing ability and success under his belt? The Palmer who isn't there solely because he is a well-funded, nominally good looking, female? :roll:
The very same Palmer that is on the short list for teams; say, if Hulkenberg goes for LMP, Massa retires, Bottas moves up to Ferrari after Kimi retires....

Jonnycraig

iotar__ wrote:

Except Lotus have already stated Jorda will get to drive the current car, so they will have to waste a test day in return for her money. :roll:

The fact that you are trying to compare a GP2 champion like Palmer with Jorda shows you don't realise just how poor she is.

For example, at Monza this year in GP3, a track with 3 corners & 3 chicanes, she was over 3 seconds a lap off the pace in qualifying.

In the Race, her fastest lap was over 4 seconds off the pace and she finished 75 seconds off the lead after just 17 laps. :lol:

dren

turbof1 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:It makes me sad the way that these signings are billed as some sort of equality and empowerment to women when in actual fact its just hugely insulting to any woman who is hard working and talented.

Its definitely one area where the new Super-Licence rules are of use, she says its her dream to be an F1 driver so she will need to head back to GP2 and win some races.

I'm sure someone will bill me as a sexist pig now but having a daughter and wanting her to do well in life genuinely makes me want to see equality and for her to be treated the same as any man.
I don't really think anyone can disagree with you here. Carmen surely has the heart and the will to do it, but you need to have the talent too. She unfortunaly does not have it. There are other women who do have but aren't getting the chance.

I'm all for emancipation in autosport and society in general. It means that men and women need to get equal chances no matter gender or financial backing. On basis of that, Carmen does NOT deserve that role, just like so many other male drivers in the past.
Who says she even has the will and heart? All we know is she has looks, connections, and lacks talent. This is a joke. Her lack of talent is far worse than any pay driver that I can remember.
Honda!

RZS10

She has nothing going for her, except her looks and apparently connections.

She's utterly useless as a racing driver, yet alone as a "development driver". She won't even get a superlicense anytime soon.

Just read what the others have written in this thread or check her amazing stats on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Jord%C3%A1

Even a rather "left/liberal" website wrote that Lotus adorn themselves with her, that they are just trying to attrack sponsors with an attractive female.
Last edited by RZS10 on 28 Feb 2015, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

RZS10 wrote:Why was my post deleted as "sexist" ? It's the truth, she has NOTHING going for her, except connections and her looks. She's utterly useless as a racing driver, yet alone as a "development driver" - and i thought there would be no bigger joke than Lotterer driving last season :D
I'll not rule out Lotus might have decided on her looks, as horrible as that might sound and as much as I hate the thought. However, Lotus often makes decisions not based on driver performance, as evidently by Maldonado who although is fast when nobody is around him, crashes the car too many times. It looks like they signed her to be more in the spotlights, and probably for the money she brings.

Equally, Lotus are participating in motivating a sexistic view of the sport, which we can all agree is just plain wrong. Granted, F1 is physically not an easy sport, but women already have proven they can reach that physical condition. It's not a matter of biological difference, so it's neither that a male driver is always better then a female driver. Both need to get equal chances, that's put plain simple.

Again, Carmen will have the fitness, and the will and heart to do so. After all, you don't start doing motorsport to earn from it, you do it because you love doing it. Questioning if she has the will and heart isn't reasonable from that point of view. HOWEVER, I'll reiterate she simply lacks the talent, just as so many male drivers.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisF1

Irony of Lotus hiring a female as an equality statement, yet lending their car and driver to David Guetta's Dangerous video, something that was criticised as exploiting and sexualising women...

Jonnycraig

ChrisF1 wrote:Irony of Lotus hiring a female as an equality statement, yet lending their car and driver to David Guetta's Dangerous video, something that was criticised as exploiting and sexualising women...
But we did find out that it was faster than a Prost :wink:

kooleracer

Well done team Enstone! Really didn't think that the E23 would be this competitive after last years debacle.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

iotar__

kooleracer wrote:Well done team Enstone! Really didn't think that the E23 would be this competitive after last years debacle.
What do you consider being competitive? They are behind Toro Rosso in Q although I would expect them to be faster in the race with the more efficient engine. Around one second behind their main benchmark Williams = a huge gap, basically impossible to close. Maybe closer in the race (I'm not sure, only based on tests and glance at P2 times) but still far behind.

Who did they beat? Force India and McLaren barely participated and should not be counted IMO (you can of course, they are in front I won't argue that) which leaves only Sauber. Team that missed P1 and is forced to have two unproven pay-drivers. Top 10 itself is misleading, gap is important and I'd prefer if they were twelfth but half a second behind Williams.

Neno

kooleracer wrote:Well done team Enstone! Really didn't think that the E23 would be this competitive after last years debacle.
Back on right track.

R_Redding

I wonder how many times this page will need resetting. :)

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

To be fair though... todays wasn't really his fault.

Manoah2u

R_Redding wrote:I wonder how many times this page will need resetting. :)

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

To be fair though... todays wasn't really his fault.
but he did crash :lol: :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"