2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GPR-A duplicate2

2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Race Date : 15 Mar 2015
Circuit Name : Albert Park
First Grand Prix : 1996
Number of Laps : TBC
Circuit Length : 5.303 km
Lap Record : 1:24.125 - M Schumacher (2004)

Qualifying Lap
http://www.formula1.com/video/onboard/2014/australia/

Harsha

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Finally a race thread after 4 months :)

turbof1

Already posted it in the mclaren team thread, but I'll repeat it here:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/03/a ... australia/
In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.
#AeroFrodo

dren

Well I don't know if you can really use the word 'compete' when talking about the state of the Mclaren right now. At least Alonso will not have to suffer through it. If they can't get their PU to work reliably at full output, they won't qualify.

I don't remember Q3 being that close last year. I am expecting a Mercedes locked out front row followed by Massa, and then it'll be a toss-up between Ferraris, Williams, and Red Bulls. I expect Verstappen to make Q3, potentially besting Kyvat.
Honda!

PlatinumZealot

Hmm. I'm not that excited for some reason... I can't quite put my finger on it, feels too continuous to the 2014 season... too much of the same?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Juzh

PlatinumZealot wrote:Hmm. I'm not that excited for some reason... I can't quite put my finger on it, feels too continuous to the 2014 season... too much of the same?
You don't say?

SectorOne

Im excited, we had some mega races last year and i expect the same this year.
Probably most excited to follow Kimi vs Vettel. One of them cant afford to get beaten..
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SiLo

I hope we get a wet qualifying again this year. They are always more fun and usually make the race the next day better too!
Felipe Baby!

bdr529

SectorOne wrote:Im excited, we had some mega races last year and i expect the same this year.
Probably most excited to follow Kimi vs Vettel. One of them cant afford to get beaten..
I agree, the Kimi Vettel fight should be good, last year had some good action and I hope for the same this year

f1316

I'm interested to get a better understanding of how the tyres behave in proper conditions- for some reason I have a feeling they might be a bit more of a handful than we've seen so far.

I don't want to see wet qualifying; always nice to get a definitive understanding of the pecking order after quali and we've been robbed of that in the past two years.

iotar__

f1316 wrote:I'm interested to get a better understanding of how the tyres behave in proper conditions- for some reason I have a feeling they might be a bit more of a handful than we've seen so far.

I don't want to see wet qualifying; always nice to get a definitive understanding of the pecking order after quali and we've been robbed of that in the past two years.
A bit more handful will not be enough, they last forever and I don't think they can play with compound choices (like last season). No risk soft-medium for Australia? Pecking order: Australia is a weird track, let's wait for Malaysia + 2 following races.

Both for the whole season and first race: at least fight for second place should be interesting. Hopefully no more situations where losing 8 places at the start or blowing qualifying doesn't matter and drivers end up in predetermined places no matter what. If it's close between RB, Ferrari, Williams every mistake should count which is good. Might be interesting with strategies, qualifying vs race pace, top speed/tyres etc.; different strengths and weaknesses.

Pity Lotus is nowhere near this group, best engine and on Toro Rosso's level. When the main topic is reliability (everyone is reliable) and hopes for improvements (which means we are slow) it's not a good sign.

NathanOlder

So IF we get a dry qualy, and in an ideal world no one suffers any issues how do you guys see the head to heads coming out in the Saturday ? I see it like this

Merc Ham above Ros
RedB Ric above Kvy
Will Bot above Mas
Ferr Vet above Rai
Mcl But above Mag
F.I Hul above Per
ToRo Ves above Sai
Lotu Mal above Gro
Man Wil above xxx
Saub Nas above Eri
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FW17

Hope Alonso travels to Melbourne to keep Ron company

20 years ago the last engine change for the team

bauc

@GPR-A Thanks for opening this thread, now it really fells like the season has started :)

I'm sure Alonso will travel with the team in Melbourne to monitor how things will pan out, and to carefully study the competition from the pit wall. As for Qualy and Race, I would prefer dry weather just to see the first picture of the true competitive order.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CBeck113

WilliamsF1 wrote:Hope Alonso travels to Melbourne to keep Ron company
He has to - Ron will need a shoulder to cry on :-D
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail