2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Blackout

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

Okay.
One more thing, AFAIK it's the first time Nasr drives in this circuit. The Saubers didnt run in Fp1&2. And Sauber has no simulator.

efuloni

Blackout wrote:Okay.
One more thing, AFAIK it's the first time Nasr drives in this circuit. The Saubers didnt run in Fp1&2. And Sauber has no simulator.
This makes his 5th far more impressive than it already was, but just a correction: Sauber and Nasr did run in FP2.
But again, was just the first race. He may turn into a flop. I really hope not.

PlatinumZealot

Blackout wrote:So now Ericcson is a bad driver :?: and you claim this bad driver did better than Nasr in GP2... while the very near past, the present and (the future : p) show that Nasr is dominating Ericcson.
Nasr's carreer in F3 and the lower categories definitely show he has also very good raw speed. He was AFAIK best rookie in his first F3 season and dominated it (and his 'very bad' teamate Kevin Magnussen) in the second season...

That means his carreer in GP2 was kinda anamalous, it seems he couldnt manage to show his true level regarding raw speed right from the start...

Nasr could simply be that kind of trivers who sometimes needs more time than the others to adapt. But when everything is in place, and when the car is good enough, he can bring you the poles, the fastest laps and the victories.
Vettel got smashed by Paul di Resta in lower formulas. I don't think lower formula necessarily correlates to F1. And yes, Erricson is proving to be a journeyman driver. I felt embarrassed for him on Sunday, trundling around the back posing no threat to no one but himself. He seems to be a slow leaner so I give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Vasconia

Well, Nasr did an impressive race, great pace and a beautiful start. I am surprised, but lets see if this only a good day. If I have to eat my words about him I will do it.

Ericsson had some problems and he changed tyres 3 times so his result is decent. Lets see if he can improves but it was not a bad first race. At least he has improved what he did last season, though it was easy to do it. :mrgreen:

lizardfolk

Vasconia wrote:
Ericsson had some problems and he changed tyres 3 times so his result is decent. Lets see if he can improves but it was not a bad first race. At least he has improved what he did last season, though it was easy to do it. :mrgreen:

As far as backmarker drivers go Ericsson isn't that bad and he has decent results although he is very ordinary. I think he can improve but I don't expect him to be better than a decent midpacker. Like maybe an Adrian Sutil or a Liuzzi at best.

Manoah2u

lizardfolk wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

As far as backmarker drivers go Ericsson isn't that bad and he has decent results although he is very ordinary. I think he can improve but I don't expect him to be better than a decent midpacker. Like maybe an Adrian Sutil or a Liuzzi at best.
I rate Sutil higher, and his corner fail incident actually immediately reminded me of liuzzi's driving [remember him during the rain?]. It's too bad Kamui isn't able to bring as many $$ to Sauber, Kobayashi was a much better driver with quite strong runs.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

aleks_ader

Manoah2u wrote:y reminded me of liuzzi's driving [remember him during the rain?].
Remind me? Good or bad. If i know well he excelled in go-carts.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Manoah2u

aleks_ader wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:y reminded me of liuzzi's driving [remember him during the rain?].
Remind me? Good or bad. If i know well he excelled in go-carts.
a bad thing.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

charliekkr

in summer time Looks All good

FrukostScones

no in season testing thread?

Ferrari to test the 7 token preponed (by crazy Marchio :mrgreen:, damn those wheelnuts, why F1 uses them...)Monza spec... on Mon Tue???
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.