2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SectorOne

2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

Will we see a repeat of one of the greatest battles in Formula 1 history?

2014 Tire Selection - Medium - Soft
2015 Tire Selection - Medium - Soft

It´s back to back races so i figured i put one up right now.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Re: 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir

Interested to see whether ferrari PU gains are enough to keep them in contention on this power track. Unlikely imo. If anything williams will be closer, but still behind them. Expect a stronger lotus as well.

F1NAC

Juzh wrote:Interested to see whether ferrari PU gains are enough to keep them in contention on this power track. Unlikely imo. If anything williams will be closer, but still behind them. Expect a stronger lotus as well.
They will be good on straights. Sad that it is night race. It would be more interesting if it was day race

arahman_93

After the china gp Lewis should go all out attack and finish 20seconds ahead of rosberg then rosberg wouldnt need to complain about lewis going slow :lol:

F1NAC

Will be interesting to see reliability merc vs Ferrari. it will be their fourth race on same components

Miguel

These are my non-risky predictions:
  1. McLaren to start P17 & P18, and far from P16.
  2. RBR back to not piss poor, but still behind a tight Ferrari/Williams battle.
  3. Mercedes 1-2.
  4. Sainz to outqualify & outrace Verstappen this time
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Jordan44

Also a reminder the GP2 starts next weekend! Been looking forward to it. Do we know who's taking over from Buxton on the world feed?

Anyway, don't think the race was as close as people were expecting. Mercedes looked in a league of their own on the medium tyres and lasted a bit longer than Ferrari on the softs. But on a rear-limited circuit this may not be the case. Overall I still think we'll see the same again next weekend, a Mercedes 1-2. I highly doubt we're gonna see a repeat of Bahrain last year. Not sure Nico is up to it and the team will be thinking about Ferrari all the way through again so we might not see the split strategies in order to setup the same conditions.

I suppose it all depends on whether they get a clean weekend. If Merc have no problems in practise and both drivers are happy with their setup, don't think Ferrari will get that close.

SamH123

Bahrain is very rear limited then?

Shame it is at night otherwise I'd give Ferrari a fairly good chance of a Malaysia repeat

Just_a_fan

arahman_93 wrote:After the china gp Lewis should go all out attack and finish 20seconds ahead of rosberg then rosberg wouldnt need to complain about lewis going slow :lol:
Rosberg needs to get P1 and then control the race from the front. Then he can try to do what he accused Hamilton of doing. I think, however, that if he tries it he'll find Hamilton crawling all over him with a view to overtaking rather than bitching.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

iotar__

Just_a_fan wrote:
arahman_93 wrote:After the china gp Lewis should go all out attack and finish 20seconds ahead of rosberg then rosberg wouldnt need to complain about lewis going slow :lol:
Rosberg needs to get P1 and then control the race from the front. Then he can try to do what he accused Hamilton of doing. I think, however, that if he tries it he'll find Hamilton crawling all over him with a view to overtaking rather than bitching.
Like in Monaco begging for a stop out of sequence and preferential treatment or maybe like Rosberg in Barcelona/Bahrain? Overtake on track happened once in dry conditions (USA). Same old story theory=/practice: before the race - Hamilton will drive away 20 s in front, race - doesn't happen, 2s or loss, after the race - you see he "controlled' the race. Why do you all predict driving away all the time then?

As with most races it's 50/50 as long as Mercedes can manage to send both in time in Q and without playing games. The rest stays the same. Merc - Ferrari ---- Williams --RB? - who cares. Can they do a one stopper? Ferrari only, Merc too, everyone? I hope not.

F1NAC

Just searched for temperature now in Sakhir (this is cca race start time next sunday) and it is 40 C :!:

Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:Will we see a repeat of one of the greatest battles in Formula 1 history?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SiLo

F1NAC wrote:Just searched for temperature now in Sakhir (this is cca race start time next sunday) and it is 40 C :!:
The temperature drops quite quickly from the time they start. It will be much cooler come the end of the race.
Felipe Baby!

MercedesAMGSpy

The heat isn't a big factor anymore now it's a night race.

Jonnycraig

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:The heat isn't a big factor anymore now it's a night race.
At 6PM local time tonight it was still over 30C...

Current forecasts have temperatures in the 20s early this week, but getting into the mid 40s by the weekend :o