Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
iotar__

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

George-Jung wrote:
iotar__ wrote: "Romain Grosjean didn't brake test Max Verstappen," said Permane. "He braked five metres later than previous lap. Data accepted by the FIA so the penalty was for Max not RG." You can always count on Permane to embrace weirdest accusation by commenting on them. If you answer it like that you're making it a debatable issue. It should be FIA's job to explain it and take care of Verstappen talking/driving. Of course braking later is not the same as brake testing but who cares about details like that.
I am not saying that it happend like this, but how about the following:
-would it be possible for Grosjean to lift the throttle lets say 20m early, and therefor brake 5m later than that he did on the previous lap? For example the normal braking point would be 100m from the apex.. But instead of braking at 100m, Grosjean lifts at 115m from the apex.. and started braking at 95m from the apex.
In this situation everybody is telling the truth.. no?
- for Verstappen's point of view Grosjean did slow down early..compared to previous lap.
- for Grosjean's point of view he did brake 5m later..compared to previous lap.
It's dragging so one last post. I don't like Lotus' twitter explanations at all, Proper response should be:
"Verstappen's dangerous driving, crashing and getting penalties in not @LotusF1 @RGros issue. Ask @FIA for justification of 5 places penalty or @ToroRosso to explain themselves"
or something like that ;-) The rest is smoke and mirrors.

Vasconia

WaikeCU wrote:
turbof1 wrote: -The Toro Rosso has simply much better braking power, allowing it to brake a few dozen metres later.
-Verstappen braked too late.
Or Verstappen is just a gutsier driver. Just like Hamilton, he's perhaps also good on braking, because he's exceptionally good at late braking, that's why he makes lots of overtaking during the race.

I don't think the Toro Rosso is an exceptionally well car tbh. I think it's Sainz and Verstappen who are overperforming the car. Perhaps for instance with Verstappen, if the car is bad on top speed, then he's making it up by braking 50m later than everybody else.
50 meters later???? come on, and then he will start to fly! :roll: :roll:

TR has a good car on Saturdays, but not on Sundays where they have great problems when they have a lot of fuel. Anyway, its quite clear that both drivers are outperforming the car. Both are very talented (though some people have only eyes to glorify Max) and their close competence is making them even better.

Manoah2u

Arminho wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:
turbof1 wrote: ..... then he's making it up by braking 50m later than everybody else.
There is no way he breaks 50m later, trust me!
indeed, there is no way he breaks 50m later but please, elaborate on why one would need to trust you on that?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

Great video :D

Nathanael F1

Apparently the subtitles are rather embellished. :)
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

SectorOne

Verstappen braking 50m later then everyone else.
This is by far the funniest most insane thing i have ever read on F1T.

Forget all about that with torque being an energy, this takes the price.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

George-Jung

Haha!! :mrgreen: Just see how relaxed Max is..

George-Jung

eau rouge the other way around @02:23.
© Verstappen

Manoah2u

George-Jung wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4
quiet day at the office for max, his father looks like he'll probably need fresh underwear :lol:

quite surprised at the level of discomfort from Jos. I mean come on, i have much respect for Jos as a F1 driver,
but it's like he's never raced fast the amount of scare he ventilates. Seems like he doesn't hold much trust.
And telling your son you'll hit him? come on Jos, you've got enough violence in your history.

Max keeps impressing me. Really like the guy. Can't wait to see him next month @ Zandvoort.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Well Canada has been a tough race for TR but I think they saved the day. At least Sainz who has had another solid race, beating his team mate once again, amazing how solid and reliable he is.

George-Jung

Vasconia wrote:Well Canada has been a tough race for TR but I think they saved the day. At least Sainz who has had another solid race, beating his team mate once again, amazing how solid and reliable he is.
Not really a good comparison this race, as Max had to start from the back and also do a 10sec. stop and go.
But in the end, results are the only thing that matter.. and Sainz indeed is also a very good driver.

I think that they push each other very well..

Vasconia

George-Jung wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Well Canada has been a tough race for TR but I think they saved the day. At least Sainz who has had another solid race, beating his team mate once again, amazing how solid and reliable he is.
Not really a good comparison this race, as Max had to start from the back and also do a 10sec. stop and go.
But in the end, results are the only thing that matter.. and Sainz indeed is also a very good driver.

I think that they push each other very well..
This is the best for the team, a strong competition between drives and until now, withouth conflicts.

toraabe

Zandwoort needs to be back on the f1 calendar ;)

Manoah2u wrote:
George-Jung wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4
quiet day at the office for max, his father looks like he'll probably need fresh underwear :lol:

quite surprised at the level of discomfort from Jos. I mean come on, i have much respect for Jos as a F1 driver,
but it's like he's never raced fast the amount of scare he ventilates. Seems like he doesn't hold much trust.
And telling your son you'll hit him? come on Jos, you've got enough violence in your history.

Max keeps impressing me. Really like the guy. Can't wait to see him next month @ Zandvoort.

Writinglife

Toro Rosso are doing very well this season, making Red Bull look like the junior team at times.

Godius

It was interesting to see that Verstappen managed to overtake the Sauber of Nasr (high top speed) on the harder compound at the middle of the race but couldn't make the softer compound last at the end of the race trying to overtake the other Sauber driver.

This is a pattern that we have seen several times this year, Max somehow can make the harder compound work very wel but struggles with the option tyre. This also has a negative effect on his qualifying performance.