Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

Godius wrote:It was interesting to see that Verstappen managed to overtake the Sauber of Nasr (high top speed) on the harder compound at the middle of the race but couldn't make the softer compound last at the end of the race trying to overtake the other Sauber driver.

This is a pattern that we have seen several times this year, Max somehow can make the harder compound work very wel but struggles with the option tyre. This also has a negative effect on his qualifying performance.
No really, I think that his qualifying perfomance is not affected by this fact. The problem is that he is very agressive with the tyres so he cant make them work for a longer period of time. The car is cleary much better son Saturdays.

Manoah2u

toraabe wrote:Zandwoort needs to be back on the f1 calendar ;)

Manoah2u wrote:
George-Jung wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4
Haha!! :mrgreen: Just see how relaxed Max is..
quiet day at the office for max, his father looks like he'll probably need fresh underwear :lol:

quite surprised at the level of discomfort from Jos. I mean come on, i have much respect for Jos as a F1 driver,
but it's like he's never raced fast the amount of scare he ventilates. Seems like he doesn't hold much trust.
And telling your son you'll hit him? come on Jos, you've got enough violence in your history.

Max keeps impressing me. Really like the guy. Can't wait to see him next month @ Zandvoort.
i thought that for years, but not anymore.

Perhaps the new V6 engine has lowered engine volume enough so that now it might be possible to race there, but the sound environmentalist squads here managed to prevent F1 racing here due to the amount of 'sound pollution' it causes for neighbouring residents. Extremely rediculous and sad, but that's the way it is.

apart from that, Zandvoort isn't ready to host a proper F1 gp. The circuit is cool and fun, but for F1 standards it's just no longer up to date. Not to mention logistics locally and logistics in getting there. The roads leading to Zandvoort are crowded and there isn't a single proper freeway nearby, it's all crowded roads and would provide a nightmare for traffic.
And then we haven't even discussed the traffic generated by the visitors.

Not the least then is economics. Dutch economics aren't at their best and the dutch are very critical on government spending. Knowing the money Bernie asks for hosting a F1 gp, there is simply no way there can be generated enough money to do it without government backing. People would fume on the amount of money involved.

As much as i like Zandvoort - i've raced there myself a couple of times -, it's simply out of the question for a real F1 possibility.

Offcourse depending where one resides, Belgium (SPA) is just a few hours drive away from Zandvoort, and Germany [if hosted again] more or less the same. Hell, you could even take the ferry and go for Silverstone.

I've lost my hopes on zandvoort F1 because it's simply not reasonable. Shows @ zandvoort will suffice. the A1GP races there were great.Perhaps a GPE-race can be held there, but that's hardly spectacular.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Samraj_official

instead of zandwoort.......bring back IMOLA please :mrgreen: ..its twisty,has long straights,its narrow and it has gravel trap!!!

Pierce89

Samraj_official wrote:instead of zandwoort.......bring back IMOLA please :mrgreen: ..its twisty,has long straights,its narrow and it has gravel trap!!!
Imola is probably the most incredible track still open today. Back on topic: Doesn't it seem as though STR has lost some of their early momentum? I feel they gave 2 talented drivers, but maybe the team and drivers are a bit lost. Canada was never going to be good to them with Renault sucking sh!t and STR's high DF/drag levels this year.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Samraj_official

STR10 is still an awesome car though its around 1.1 seconds faster than forceindia on pure pace. since its an f1 series having a faster car doesn't guarantee you a place in 5th in constructors its the combination of team strategies,pit crew, right strategy calls and ability to take risk which STR hasn't done well but lets not forget the amount of DNF's too coupled with low power which really compromises them to run good DF/Drag ratios, they will come back strong though for circuits like Hungaroring will suit them a lot.

Vasconia

Pierce89 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:instead of zandwoort.......bring back IMOLA please :mrgreen: ..its twisty,has long straights,its narrow and it has gravel trap!!!
Imola is probably the most incredible track still open today. Back on topic: Doesn't it seem as though STR has lost some of their early momentum? I feel they gave 2 talented drivers, but maybe the team and drivers are a bit lost. Canada was never going to be good to them with Renault sucking sh!t and STR's high DF/drag levels this year.
The TR is great on Saturdays, but it sucks during the first stint during the races because they lost an incredible amount of performance when they have a lot of fuel.

They really need to solve this problem.

On the other hand, Imola is nice to drive but its a boring race.

Godius

Toro Rosso works on manual starts at Imola
Toro Rosso took advantage of its second filming day to take to the track at Imola ahead of the Formula 1 summer shutdown to prepare for the driver aids clampdown.

Dutch driver Max Verstappen was at the wheel of the Renault-powered STR10 at the Italian track, using the day to prepare for the clampdown on driver aids that will be introduced from the Belgian Grand Prix.

Verstappen spent most of the day practicing starts in the pitlane.

Earlier this month, the F1 Strategy Group approved plans for drivers to be forced to conduct manual starts from the Spa race next month.

Meanwhile, Toro Rosso has discovered the cause of Carlos Sainz's retirement from the Hungarian Grand Prix.

The Spanish driver, who was forced into his third non-finish in a row, suffered a drop of pressure in the turbo system due to a broken pipe-ring clamp.

Cold Fussion

Retirement from a broken 20 cent part.

ME4ME

I must say Toro Rosso has taken care of their drivers very well this year and given them every possible chance do prepare and gather mileage. Kudos to the team for that. Filming day well spend.

F1NAC

We were really in a hurry," said Verstappen after qualifying. "Normally we wouldn't get it done but I was quite surprised.

"The bodywork was only 50 per cent [secured] from all the bolts - we thought it would hold on as it is quite strong.

"I think it just got a bit too much vibration out of the pit."

With Renault's power deficit to Mercedes and Ferrari clear at Monza, Verstappen accepts he will need some luck to score a good result.

"I hope the McLarens will have a very good start and overtake a Sauber and slow them down a bit," he said.

"We'll need a bit of luck - we just need to be on track when other people make mistakes.
Lol at the Mclaren part

Jef Patat

You can say a lot about MCL, but their latest starts were really impressive. This was Spa:

Andres125sx

Not a single comment about Verstappen ignoring TOs to let pass Carlos so he would have had a chance to try overtaking Grosjean?

Bonker T

To be honest, the team could have been clearer on why he should let Carlos by.
Then he would probably let him by and it wouldnt have caused such a topic.

Just saying "let him pass you" isnt really fair i think.

Andres125sx

You know what we hear is not everything they talk right?

STR was asking Max to let Carlos pass for around 15 laps, we only hear it in last laps, but the request was being repeated for many laps. At least that´s what STR said to spanish tv before the race finished... then they changed their version to protect Max, but reality was already exposed

Cold Fussion

This is the reality of having a 17 year old male driving for you, even as one as mature as max appears to be. I question the 15 laps thing as well, they weren't behind Perez for 15 laps and it wasn't clear that Max's attack on Perez was tapering off until a couple laps before the end.