2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bdr529

2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa, Belgium

2014 Qualifying
2014 Race

PlatinumZealot

Re: 2015 Belgian Grand Prix - 21-23 August

One the races that tends to perform below it's billing. Spa is one of the most looked forward to tracks on the calendar but recent races have not been memorable. I think 2009 was the last good Spa race that I can remember. This year looks to be another boring one.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jordan44

PlatinumZealot wrote:One the races that tends to perform below it's billing. Spa is one of the most looked forward to tracks on the calendar but recent races have not been memorable. I think 2009 was the last good Spa race that I can remember. This year looks to be another boring one.
What was boring about last years? We had a different winner because of the first lap incident and there was plenty to discuss afterwards. It's one of the more memorable races last year for sure.

Nathanael F1

PlatinumZealot wrote:One the races that tends to perform below it's billing. Spa is one of the most looked forward to tracks on the calendar but recent races have not been memorable. I think 2009 was the last good Spa race that I can remember. This year looks to be another boring one.
What about the Webber-Alonso overtake on Eau Rouge? Wasn't that exciting?
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

ME4ME

I would love this to be a wet grand prix, and also quilifying. That would equalize the grid a bit, maybe give Vettel a change to race Hamilton, and for the Red Bull's (and dear I say it Mclaren) to perform better than otherwise to be expected.

Kalsi

Spa is always been a circuit where Kimi overperformed.... If bad luck gives him a break and Ferrari is keeping it's Budapest form, i think we could see a red 1-2 we missed in hungary here...
And that would finally put Mercedes in a seroius worry for the championship

Shrieker

2010 was quite good imho. Ithink last year we got denied a fierce race long battle when Nico and Lewis behaved too hasty. And the weather is always unpredictable. So why not look forward to it :)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

rapha-78

exactly I still remember the 2010 GP when it started to rain, Barichello crashed into Alonso, and the car had just nothing.

Overdriving

Spa 2012 was pretty exciting too. Grosjean and Maldonado at their best. :D

iotar__

Finding one selective example doesn't change anything Spa is rather boring with big gaps and fixed races and often even the rain can't save it. You need changeable conditions and Laurel and Hardy (aka Hamilton and Raikkonen) at their best fighting (aka tripping over each other) for the win like in 2008 :-). Classic F1.

Pity they're changing procedures and now we won't know about Merc starts, they can blame or praise those. The only fact is they had five out of six bad starts in the last three races, they don't know the reasons but they do know there were many different ones. Not one, noooooo. I'd say it suggest the opposite - common factor. Weirdly it wasn't a problem in GB because they liked the result.

Ferrari vs Merc/Williams might be interesting. Are they planning some big update (engine)? If not on paper it doesn't look like the best track for them which leaves Merc alone with yet another results management exercise (TM).

FW17

Cant wait to see if Honda beats Renault

Does Force India still considered a low drag car?

Jordan44

Kalsi wrote:Spa is always been a circuit where Kimi overperformed.... If bad luck gives him a break and Ferrari is keeping it's Budapest form, i think we could see a red 1-2 we missed in hungary here...
And that would finally put Mercedes in a seroius worry for the championship
You say if Ferrari keeps their Budapest form, I say if Mercedes once again mess up the start and then their drivers/race team doesn't perform during the race.

CBeck113

It'll be interesting to see how the drivers start this race - they will be in control and therefore there should be differences, even between teammates.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Schuttelberg

Can't believe people actually believe Ferrari can win, without some drama.

Hamilton isn't going to have another weekend like that in my opinion. He's too good for it. Ferrari may have a glimmer of hope if it rains. I'm backing Lewis on this one. Even if he has a botched up start, he will end up winning the race. Raikkonen had an okay weekend @ Hungary. This could be his best chance all year. He needs it too.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Jonnycraig

Schuttelberg wrote:Can't believe people actually believe Ferrari can win, without some drama.

Hamilton isn't going to have another weekend like that in my opinion. He's too good for it. Ferrari may have a glimmer of hope if it rains. I'm backing Lewis on this one. Even if he has a botched up start, he will end up winning the race. Raikkonen had an okay weekend @ Hungary. This could be his best chance all year. He needs it too.
The only way Ferrari can win is by jumping the Mercs at the start, as Merc are nowhere near as good in dirty air. Still not going to happen though.