Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

The Force India pit team is conaiderably slower to out tires on Sergio's car. By quite a margin.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

r_b_l

Re Perez pit time: Would that time consider a quick inspection of the car after he made contact with Button? Or were the crew just playing it safe?

multisync

Would make sense if FI bought leafield at 5.5m that's a pretty good deal. They could sell their site to Silverstone and the whole deal would not be more than a couple of million.

Thoughts?

Godius

Revised Force India Formula 1 car passes crash test at second try
Force India's B-spec car is on track to make its Formula 1 test debut following the Austrian Grand Prix, having passed its crash test at the second attempt.

The car suffered a marginal failure at the first test shortly after the Spanish GP in mid-May, but with corrections made by the team it was given the green light following the race in Monaco.

Despite a two-week delay, the revised Force India is set to hit the Red Bull Ring for the two-day in-season test on June 23-24 that immediately follows the track's grand prix.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT, deputy team principal Bob Fernley said: "We failed the first test, but it was pretty marginal.

"In the end it was tiny, and although it put us back a week or two, it was pretty clear we would get through the second one.

"There are a lot of elements to it, but it has passed all the tests necessary to go forward.

"We'll now make it for the test in Austria, and then we will introduce it as a race package for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone."

Fernley paid tribute to Force India's design team for the work they have put in, adding: "Considering the enormity of the changes, it's quite a credit to them to be able to get it through at the second attempt.

"I always had great faith in them, and our engineers as a whole, so congratulations to them on doing a great job on that."

multisync

Rumors surfacing about a potential suitor, well known in racing circles if not the world of F1.

Samraj_official

and what is that,what does anyone's relationship have to do with forceindia?

bdr529

I see Hulkenberg has extended his deal for another 2 years

""I know this team inside out and I feel at home here so it made perfect sense to make a long-term commitment. The progress the team has shown over the last two years has really impressed me and gives me confidence for the future."
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... y_to_2017/

KeiKo403

This seems to smack of guarenteed F1 drive so he's taking it. Not sure how much money Hülk brings to the team compared to Perez but I guess they'd need to take Perez on aswell for all the money he brings with him.

FI may want to snap up Perez soon though because 1, he is a good driver. and 2, because with american Haas joining and Guitierez (*spelling*) , a south american linked with a race seat there may be a chance for big mexican sponsers to go from FI to Haas.

thoughts?

ME4ME

KeiKo403 wrote:This seems to smack of guarenteed F1 drive so he's taking it. Not sure how much money Hülk brings to the team compared to Perez but I guess they'd need to take Perez on aswell for all the money he brings with him.

FI may want to snap up Perez soon though because 1, he is a good driver. and 2, because with american Haas joining and Guitierez (*spelling*) , a south american linked with a race seat there may be a chance for big mexican sponsers to go from FI to Haas.

thoughts?
I agree. Perez is quick, knows the teams and is well sponsored.

There are also the options of signing Wehrlein or Vandoorne, who probably bring money one way or the other as well.
But they need to sign soon in order be able to demand a good price from either driver's backers. Once their first choise is gone, they'll be in no position demand anything.

Racer X

I really like the Hulk Perez team i have always enjoyed both of their driving styles and the Force India way of racing. These 3 make a good solid combination i hope it leads to better positions in the future in better teams for both Hulk and Perez their time together in Force India so far in my opinion has only elevated the team and thus cemented the fact that Hulk is a great very talented driver and that Perez is as well.

Force India next year should be a solid mid team like usual.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

NAPI10

If they able to keep pushing development on car ; this pair will definitely secure 4th position for them in 2016.

NathanOlder

Perez confirmed by Force India to stay for 2016. From the Force India official website
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NAPI10

FI to rebrand to Aston Martin Racing for 2016...wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121578

adrianjordan

"Alongside the team name change, it is understood the livery will become blue and gold as part of a link-up with sponsor Johnnie Walker."

Aren't the parent company of Johnnie Walker still sponsoring McLaren?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

multisync

multisync wrote:Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:18 pm Rumors surfacing about a potential suitor, well known in racing circles if not the world of F1.

Remember where you heard it first :-)