Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
OviJohn

Re: Honda Power Unit

Side by side comparison pics in this article:

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2015/10 ... -alla.html

To me, it looks even more compact than with the log type.

Andres125sx

rowano wrote:And that's the sound of a hand bag slap, hair being pulled and a threat to gouge eyes. This really is getting boring people.
Downvoted and reported.

I don´t like people claiming I´ve said things I never said and don´t think that deserve this irrespectul post

Nickel

Andres125sx wrote: Downvoted and reported.

I don´t like people claiming I´ve said things I never said and don´t think that deserve this irrespectul post
FYI, that chain between you and drunkf1fan was horrible to read. You're both arguing semantics of who said what and if this project is living up to xyz expectations. It was long winded and full of right-fighting, since you brought it up.

Back on topic; did Honda change anything else other than the exhaust manifold for Russia/USA?

PlatinumZealot

Notice the thermocouples? (The light blue wires) those are bigger than your standard laboratory ones! I think they are measuring the temperature of the part of the head directly beside the upturned exhaust pipes.

The cable work is also untidy but I guess this is a testing year for them. Much scope for improvement on auxilliary packaging for next year.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Andres125sx

Nickel wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: Downvoted and reported.

FYI, that chain between you and drunkf1fan was horrible to read. You're both arguing semantics of who said what and if this project is living up to xyz expectations. It was long winded and full of right-fighting, since you brought it up.
I know, but there are good manners and irrespectul ones

Abarth

Nickel wrote:[...]

Back on topic; did Honda change anything else other than the exhaust manifold for Russia/USA?
AFAIK they used all the 4 remaining tokens, 1 for the exhaust and 3 for combustion (again).

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

proteus

The new exhaust manifold is very tight indeed, looking even a bit tighter than before, which worries me that both cars could retire due to overheating problems. They said the track will suit the car well, but the problem is that all this new improvements aint properly tested jet, so there exists danger for something to go wrong. I expect Mercedes to be very dominant this weekend, due to the new engines from Ferrari, Honda and Renault, which could be failing during the race.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

godlameroso

The exhaust manifold hasn't been insulated yet, not on the outside anyway, I'm sure it has interior coating.
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

proteus wrote:The new exhaust manifold is very tight indeed, looking even a bit tighter than before, which worries me that both cars could retire due to overheating problems.
This is the engine Alonso tried in free practice in Russia. They will have data on it already.
Besides, Button will use an old engine.

langwadt

PlatinumZealot wrote:Notice the thermocouples? (The light blue wires) those are bigger than your standard laboratory ones! I think they are measuring the temperature of the part of the head directly beside the upturned exhaust pipes.
apart from the blue wire covering they don't look anything special tp me

wesley123

godlameroso wrote:The exhaust manifold hasn't been insulated yet, not on the outside anyway, I'm sure it has interior coating.
The area around the exhaust on the engine block suggests that a form of insulation will be present but has yet to be mounted.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ringo

proteus wrote:The new exhaust manifold is very tight indeed, looking even a bit tighter than before, which worries me that both cars could retire due to overheating problems. They said the track will suit the car well, but the problem is that all this new improvements aint properly tested jet, so there exists danger for something to go wrong. I expect Mercedes to be very dominant this weekend, due to the new engines from Ferrari, Honda and Renault, which could be failing during the race.
It's only tighter in width. It actually has more volume than the log style. It's actually a slightly bigger blockage in the sidepods.

What Honda did here was push the volume against the cylinder heads; which are already hot surfaces, and try to keep the footprint as small as possible. what is bigger though is the frontal area.
I don't think they will have overheating problems here.
For Sure!!

GoranF1

i wonder how Honda's smaller turbo will cope whit this high altitude?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mexic ... territory/
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Andres125sx

Not many coments about the new PU Alonso used in Austin, I guess the rain didn´t help to compare how much was the real improvement, but I expected someone analysing the new PU and its perfomance compared to the previous one

:?: