Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2015

oh my this is gonna be epic if it's actually happening [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< =D> =D>
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NAPI10

Is it just re-branding or Vijay n Sahara off-loading their stake?

rahulsampath

I think it would be more like Infinity Redbull arrangement "Infinity Redbull Racing".

My Prediction on Rebranding: "Aston Martin Force India"

FW17

could be just Aston Martin FI

adrianjordan

The Autosport article talks about requesting a name change, so possibly losing the Force India name...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

No way there will be Force India in the Aston Martin name. Not because there's something wrong with Force India or India in general, but it just doesn't fit the company profile or it's way of exposure.

Prodrive Aston Martin could happen, Aston Martin F1 Team.

It would be infinitely awesome if it became GULF Aston Martin F1 Team - Mercedes [-o<

but, it must be said, i'm a bit sad on another level though.
I really really really like Force India because it's an honest non-manufacturer team (private team).
I like the Playboy-style team owner, the sexy girls around it, it's like 80's Miami. Imho, F1 needs teams like this.
The underdog, and Force India has held a long breath in the difficult F1 environment after taking over Spyker.

It's kinda 'sad' that they might 'stop' and turn into a different team at the moment they're actually achieving the front
of the field.

but, Aston Martin in F1 is awesome, so atleast if it happens, it's not some annoying attention craving mogul that buys the team and let it go to ashes in half a decade.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

GPR-A duplicate2

Vijay Mallya confirmed that they are ready to drop "Force India" from the team's title.

Force India F1 name served its purpose says Mallya amid Aston talks
Vijay Mallya says the Force India Formula 1 team name has served its purpose as he closes on a deal that will rebrand the outfit as Aston Martin Racing.

"Please understand why the name of the team is Sahara Force India," team principal Mallya told Autosport.

"The Sahara bit is because they made a significant investment in the team and became a partner.

"The Force India bit is something I did when I bought the team - which I could have easily named Mallya F1 or Kingfisher F1 or whatever.

Manoah2u

GPR-A wrote:Vijay Mallya confirmed that they are ready to drop "Force India" from the team's title.

Force India F1 name served its purpose says Mallya amid Aston talks
Vijay Mallya says the Force India Formula 1 team name has served its purpose as he closes on a deal that will rebrand the outfit as Aston Martin Racing.

"Please understand why the name of the team is Sahara Force India," team principal Mallya told Autosport.

"The Sahara bit is because they made a significant investment in the team and became a partner.

"The Force India bit is something I did when I bought the team - which I could have easily named Mallya F1 or Kingfisher F1 or whatever.
Gotta love the guy. really do. Came from nothing this guy. I hope he still maintains his involvement in the team.

NAPI10

I do hope that Vijay remains Team Principal and guide team to new heights. He brings that passion and excitement to F1.
I will certainly miss Force India; one of the best midfield team in last 10 years.

rahulsampath

As reported by Reuters, The team would be still owned by Mallya and will continue as an Indian Team.

Only the name will be changed and it would be a tri-partite sponsorship including Diageo and Aston Martin..

NAPI10

This combination can attract serious sponsorship; all they need is a British driver now.

adrianjordan

NAPI10 wrote:This combination can attract serious sponsorship; all they need is a British driver now.
Any up and coming drivers with the name Bond?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

OneAlex

adrianjordan wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:This combination can attract serious sponsorship; all they need is a British driver now.
Any up and coming drivers with the name Bond?
It's pretty cheap and easy to change your name via deed poll these days, I suppose it wouldn't harm the chances of one or two GP2 drivers. :P

RicME85

It's free to change your name by deed poll, can produce the document yourself in MS Word, its completely legal. I know someone whose did it and got a US Visa with their document.

NathanOlder

James Calado to change his name to Bond. Guaranteed a race seat for 2016 :D
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC