Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
kaepernickus

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Andres125sx wrote:But I´m also curious about their setup for AD, ok the straights are not very long, but 27km/h top speed deficit must be a lot of lost time. Can they really compensate that in the corners with a setup prepared for the twisty seccion?
Since when is the Abu Dhabi straight not very long?
... including the longest straight on the F1 calendar
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... Dhabi.html
Last edited by kaepernickus on 29 Nov 2015, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Sasha

Rumor about why Dennis dropped the Alonso story is because he is hurting for money and Alonso cost too much......his GP2 driver costs only peanuts.

Joseki

Fake rumor is fake.

FrukostScones

Joseki wrote:Fake rumor is fake.
so it's real?

anyway, great Ron Dennis Interview here, not only regarding ALO:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... sos-future
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Wazari

Well the season is over. Lot's of work ahead. Most encouraging race for Honda IMO. Alonso was able to post a race lap time of 1.44.796 compared to fastest lap of race 1.44.713 from Hamilton. I'm pretty sure that was allowing Alonso full deployment for one lap. Still to me that's very encouraging.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

NL_Fer

“Our corner speeds here have been more than respectable all weekend,” he said. “Over the last five laps of today’s race, we switched Fernando’s settings to ‘full deployment’, not only so as to allow him to have a bit of on-track fun – to which enjoyment he’s been something of a stranger in recent weeks and months – but also so as to find out just how well our car would perform in that performance configuration.”
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/29/a ... eployment/

adrianjordan

NL_Fer wrote:
“Our corner speeds here have been more than respectable all weekend,” he said. “Over the last five laps of today’s race, we switched Fernando’s settings to ‘full deployment’, not only so as to allow him to have a bit of on-track fun – to which enjoyment he’s been something of a stranger in recent weeks and months – but also so as to find out just how well our car would perform in that performance configuration.”
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/29/a ... eployment/
If so then that's very encouraging...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

natehall

Wazari wrote:Well the season is over. Lot's of work ahead. Most encouraging race for Honda IMO. Alonso was able to post a race lap time of 1.44.796 compared to fastest lap of race 1.44.713 from Hamilton. I'm pretty sure that was allowing Alonso full deployment for one lap. Still to me that's very encouraging.
Wasnt he also on Super Soft for the last 5 laps compared to Hamiltons Softs? Basically a headline grabbing set of laps at the end of the season if you ask me.

Full Deployment,
Super Soft Tyres
Low Fuel
Probably the best driver on the grid, in maximum attack and releasing the frustrations of a season...

Cold Fussion

Maybe someone who looked, talked and walked like Ron Dennis (but wasn't actually wasn't Ron Dennis) had a sizable bet on Alonso setting the fastest lap.

max_speed

i have a weird feeling that Fernando might just retire after winter testing. if car is not good he will just call it a day.i hope its wrong and car comes out good.

Wazari

natehall wrote:
Wazari wrote:Well the season is over. Lot's of work ahead. Most encouraging race for Honda IMO. Alonso was able to post a race lap time of 1.44.796 compared to fastest lap of race 1.44.713 from Hamilton. I'm pretty sure that was allowing Alonso full deployment for one lap. Still to me that's very encouraging.
Wasnt he also on Super Soft for the last 5 laps compared to Hamiltons Softs? Basically a headline grabbing set of laps at the end of the season if you ask me.

Full Deployment,
Super Soft Tyres
Low Fuel
Probably the best driver on the grid, in maximum attack and releasing the frustrations of a season...
Both were low on fuel. Yes they were on different tires. I assume Alonso was on full deployment. Still encouraging to me.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Thunder

Yes i think that Race showed signs that lead me to be mildly positive for next year. :)

Also on the Sponsor Situation from the Sky link above:
"We've gained sponsors, we've had several long extensions - Hilton Hotels for example - we won a great contract from Hennessy Moet, contracts that are worth multiples more to the team than contracts that we lost.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Joseki

Wazari wrote:Both were low on fuel. Yes they were on different tires. I assume Alonso was on full deployment. Still encouraging to me.
The car had good traction e and a good balance but the top speed was awful:

zeph

Well, race winner Nico Rosberg is 15th on that graph, just ahead of Button. Not sure how meaningful that is.

Joseki

zeph wrote:Well, race winner Nico Rosberg is 15th on that graph, just ahead of Button. Not sure how meaningful that is.
Nico was pretty much alone all the race, I don't think he ever used the DRS.