Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

I disagree, but if you don't mind I've had enough of this for this evening ;).
#AeroFrodo

FoxHound

turbof1 wrote:I disagree, but if you don't mind I've had enough of this for this evening ;).
Ahh no worries.... but suffice to say, I see what you are saying even if I disagree. 8)
JET set

FW17

I think there is a loophole existing for parallel development of engine.

F1 engines can be used for WEC while requiring some modifications.

Renault could run a WEC engine for Red Bull while Renault could continue on with the F1 engine.

All they need to do would be to show-up at the LMP1 race with the engine with one of the teams.

Cold Fussion

How does WEC affect F1 rules in any way?

FW17

Ecclestone also confirmed that negotiations with Renault were complicated when an apparent agreement with FOM that guaranteed a 2016 supply for Red Bull was trumped by a separate deal between Renault and the team.

“We made an offer, they [Renault] came back saying we are happy with the offer, if you change this, this and this. We agreed to buy engines from them to supply to the teams. They said that's good. We'd pay for the engines and we'd just sell them.

“So they had an offer from us on the table to buy engines to sell to Red Bull, to make sure they got an engine, and then they go and do a deal with Red Bull.

"We were trying to help, but they didn't need any help, they did it on their own.”
What is going on?

djos

WilliamsF1 wrote: What is going on?
Who knows, did anyone else see Cyril flat out lying on Sky about the new PU Dan raced the other week?

He tried telling Ted it was small step forward and then proceeded to claim Danny Ric wouldn't know a better PU from a worse one. When Ted pointed out that Taffin (sitting off to the side of Cyril) had said otherwise, he got very very irritable, even more than he already was!! #-o
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

Horner said post race "Ron won't like" the engine deal they have sorted out....

Probably because it will be called a Red Bull TAG

Manoah2u

wait wut.......RedBull Honda? :shock: :shock:

i would genuinly dislike that.
Not that i dont want RedBull to have a [decent] engine, but because imho, Mclaren paired with Honda did all the hard work
this year and then RB is going to steal the outcome. Worse yet, it would totally take away any benefits that Mclarne might have if the 2016 Honda powerplant would be a killer engine.

then again, all is speculation.

But if i understood correctly, it would be a unbranded Renault engine?

confusion is great here.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Phil

Think of it this way - it might actually benefit McLaren if by supplying two teams, Honda would gains a lot more data...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

FoxHound

Phil wrote:Think of it this way - it might actually benefit McLaren if by supplying two teams, Honda would gains a lot more data...
Honda themselves have said this would not be the case.
JET set

turbof1

So there are some more things coming to the surface:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... ut-660851/
While Renault quitting could potentially have an impact on Red Bull's engine programme, team boss Christian Horner is adamant that the two elements are not linked.

"We have a contract for an engine, the details of which I hope to be able to announce within a week," said Horner.
At this point, I can't see them running anything else then a rebranded Renault PU. In case that Renault pulls out, I think Red Bull will have gotten some guarantees that the PUs, not running under the Renault brand, will be produced anyway. After all, the name Renault would be out of F1, so it doesn't really matter if differently named PUs are being produced.

further:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/eccle ... ecclestone
We made an offer, they [Renault] came back saying we are happy with the offer, if you change this, this and this. We agreed to buy engines from them to supply to the teams. They said that's good. We'd pay for the engines and we'd just sell them.

“So they had an offer from us on the table to buy engines to sell to Red Bull, to make sure they got an engine, and then they go and do a deal with Red Bull.
Seems like Renault tried to get double money for the PUs...
#AeroFrodo

Facts Only

turbof1 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:How do you want to send me my £10 Turbo?
Didn't that bumped off on the currency :P? We'll see; it's not yet confirmed actually.
Give it to charity (something for children) when Red Bul;l turn up in Melbourne
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

turbof1

Facts Only wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:How do you want to send me my £10 Turbo?
Didn't that bumped off on the currency :P? We'll see; it's not yet confirmed actually.
Give it to charity (something for children) when Red Bul;l turn up in Melbourne
That's actually very nice of you, and a great idea. I'll double it to 20 pounds.

And if you want to hear it: yeah, you were probably right :P.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/denni ... ontent=www

Honda won't deliver RedBull in 2016, period.
Dennis interests on supplying Sauber with Honda power as of 2017.

Smart move as sauber will not prove to be a threat and i wouldn't be surprised they'll get a b-spec engine either way.

so Honda RedBull rumours can be put to rest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sasha

From a Friend from Honda.There was some long talks between RB and Honda at the last GP.The talks where so concrete it scared Ron Dennis to try to stop it by offering the Honda PU to Sauber.(the funny thing about that is unless he speaks Japanese as a first language,he has no power to do so).

It looks like the Renault deal for RB is just a disaster in the making.