Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ChrisF1

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

Annoucement tomorrow, confirmed by the Tag twitter (in response to that tweet)

gandharva

So TAG engine next year. Only question left is will they be allowed to develop that engine? I think they will! I also think they aldready started months ago to do so.

djos

gandharva wrote:So TAG engine next year. Only question left is will they be allowed to develop that engine? I think they will! I also think they aldready started months ago to do so.
I think the "Swiss engineering" reference is pretty obvious, it's Mario Illien. TAG is just a title sponsor.
"In downforce we trust"

MattyT

djos wrote:
gandharva wrote:So TAG engine next year. Only question left is will they be allowed to develop that engine? I think they will! I also think they aldready started months ago to do so.
I think the "Swiss engineering" reference is pretty obvious, it's Mario Illien. TAG is just a title sponsor.
Like I mentioned in the other thread, and forgive me if above is a joke, but it's definitely a reference to TAG. The marketing guys who made this probably have no idea who Mario Illien even is.

djos

I don't think you give RedBull's F1 marketing team anywhere near enough credit.
"In downforce we trust"

FoxHound

krisfx wrote:Yeah not a dig my man! - I think the TJ13 site is debatable on its reliability!

Most F1 "source" sites can be unreliable...but I think TJ13 was the first to raise the alarm regarding Red Bull's building 9.
We should credit him that at least 8)
He also saw that Red Bull submitted sound allowance applications at the time of building. And that they have an AVL rig in building 9.

A couple of months back....alot of people said this was preposterous and in no way an indication of Red Bull doing something by themselves. Now, it's almost a done deal.

But....regarding the TAG reference and why Dennis would not be happy.
Turns out Mansour Ojjeh is the bos bos of TAG, he also incidentally is roughly 25% shareholder of McLaren.
Apparently Dennis and Ojjeh share a dim view of each other these days.
He is looking to sell his shares and rumour has it wants to reinvest some of this cash to get Dennis' nose out of joint.
This could very well be what Horner was indicating when he said "Dennis would not be happy".

Here's a link with a snippet....
However, TAG boss Mansour Ojjeh is currently selling his shares in McLaren and might possibly do an engine-branding deal with Red Bull to highlight that change. We will have to see…
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015/12 ... r-at-rbr/?
JET set

Schuttelberg

Well, for a lot of people Ron Dennis is McLaren. Personally speaking, his contribution to F1 and in particular McLaren has been overwhelming. However, like all great champions at some stage, he is well and truly over the hill. His interactions with the media tend to create smokescreens rather than clearing the air. McLaren are almost without sponsors. Something needs to change and like I said, I already felt that in 2008 his time had come. TAG has been associated with McLaren for 30 years. Surely, something must have gone wrong?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

hollowBallistix

djos wrote:
Pretty sure you are right, Illien is the main reference for "Swiss engineering" & they are using superb marketing skills to tie TAG in also.

Manoah2u

Red Bull confirms Tag Heuer engine deal

Red Bull will be powered by TAG Heuer badged Renault engines next season, the Milton Keynes-based team confirmed on Friday.

Speculation about the deal surfaced on Thursday when the team issued a teaser image on Twitter, suggesting that Swiss engineering would help the team progress in 2016.

Now, the team has confirmed that the watch company, which has been a McLaren sponsor for 30 years, will take naming rights for the Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer RB12.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner said: "TAG Heuer and Red Bull are two transcendent brands which have both a passion for racing and a drive to do things differently, and this unique collaboration is further evidence of that.

"TAG Heuer has been an icon in the world of Formula 1 for many years and we're delighted that they've chosen to continue their association with the sport by teaming up with us.

"Our shared values of innovation and a desire to stand out from the crowd make this one of the most exciting partnerships in F1.

"We are also pleased to see Renault confirm its long-term commitment to F1 and would like to thank them for their contribution to the team since 2007.

"Their technical partnership with Ilmor gives us confidence, and we look forward to the 2016 season."

The latter comment refers to the prospect of Renault linking up with engine guru Mario Illien to help drive forward development of the French car manufacturer's power unit from next year.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... ontent=www
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

As I expected, I really hope Mario can make the Renault PU competitive.
"In downforce we trust"

diffuser

Schuttelberg wrote:Well, for a lot of people Ron Dennis is McLaren. Personally speaking, his contribution to F1 and in particular McLaren has been overwhelming. However, like all great champions at some stage, he is well and truly over the hill. His interactions with the media tend to create smokescreens rather than clearing the air. McLaren are almost without sponsors. Something needs to change and like I said, I already felt that in 2008 his time had come. TAG has been associated with McLaren for 30 years. Surely, something must have gone wrong?
I'm not a Ron Dennis Fan, nor do I dislike him.
People keep bringing up the "sponsor" thing like it's a bad thing. As far as I can tell it is what Ron wants, his choice, part of the plan. The other thing is it was suggested that Mansour Ojjeh selling his 25% stake in McLaren was sticking it to Ron. It depends on who he sells them to and how for how much. Ron was looking for controlling interest and after a bad year like this with no title sponsor those shares might be a bargain?

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote: "Their [Renault's] technical partnership with Ilmor gives us confidence, and we look forward to the 2016 season."

The latter comment refers to the prospect of Renault linking up with engine guru Mario Illien to help drive forward development of the French car manufacturer's power unit from next year.
Although I do have to heavily consider the possibility of Red Bull having a seperate development path, I also think it's not a foregone conclusion or fact at this point. The wording gives more then enough reason to atleast consider Ilmor will help develop the Renault PU, which will be used by both Red Bull and Renault. It could be that the earlier development by Ilmor is finally going to be an upgrade.

So to be concluded.

Edit: Autosport reports indeed it'll be the latter case. So for 2016 atleast, Red Bull will NOT have a separate development path. TJ13 got burned, well atleast partly.
#AeroFrodo

bauc

I'm glad that the news for RB are now official, this saga was going on for too long
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

zeph

So they carry on with Renault engines, rebranded as a halfhearted face-saving attempt. Called it two months ago.

FoxHound

turbof1 wrote: So to be concluded.

Edit: Autosport reports indeed it'll be the latter case. So for 2016 atleast, Red Bull will NOT have a separate development path. TJ13 got burned, well atleast partly.

Nah,

TJ13 got the minuscule details wrong. Red Bull have their Ilmor developed engines. He was correct in that much. He was also spot on as the purpose of building 9 and the AVL rig. Red Bull initiated, sponsored and mandated engine development.
That Renault messed up in Brazil, 2 weeks after he broke the story, was not his fault.
I sense Renault backtracked really quickly to get Illien on board once that happened.
JET set