2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TAG

2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

Team: Infiniti Red Bull Racing
Base: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Christian Horner
Technical director(s): Adrian Newey

Race drivers: 3 Image Daniel Ricciardo & 26 Image Daniil Kvyat

Test drivers : ???

Chassis: RB12
Engine: TAG HEUER V6 Turbo (Rebranded Renault PU)

2015 position: 4th (187 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Infinity Red Bull Racing F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2016 Infinity Red Bull Racing RB12 F1 CAR: CLICK HERE

(original post made by Manoah2u, post from TAG below)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This re-branding is pretty laughable IMO. It's basically a save face PR stunt from Red Bull as they swore up and down the grid they'd rather quit the sport than remain with Renault for the coming season. It's turned into an everyone wins situation for everybody but Red Bull.

I'm just a little saddened to see the legacy TAG Porsche engine association name soiled this manner.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

Re: Red Bull RB12 Speculation Thread

TAG wrote:This re-branding is pretty laughable IMO. It's basically a save face PR stunt from Red Bull as they swore up and down the grid they'd rather quit the sport than remain with Renault for the coming season. It's turned into an everyone wins situation for everybody but Red Bull.

I'm just a little saddened to see the legacy TAG Porsche engine association name soiled this manner.
Well, it basically is saving face, but it is also protects the Renault brand. It would not have been wise to have your company logo associated with a team that, somewhat correct at times, burned you to the ground all year long.

I do not think the legacy part of TAG Porsche will be harmed. As far as my understanding goes, that was a completely different company then TAG Heuer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technique ... vant_Garde (motorsport)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TAG_Heuer (watches and timing)

(We'll keep the jokes about your username and that it'll be on Red Bull next year on the background for now :P)
#AeroFrodo

TAG

turbof1 wrote:(We'll keep the jokes about your username and that it'll be on Red Bull next year on the background for now :P)
Well I certainly appreciate that... :mrgreen: but there is a large F1 community outside of F1Technical and they're still confused about the Lotus name, Tag is sure to follow the muddy waters suit. I'm more defensive of the Porsche in TAG Porsche let's see how this develops; I mean who knows, there's always the possibility they can hit a home run.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

TAG wrote:
turbof1 wrote:(We'll keep the jokes about your username and that it'll be on Red Bull next year on the background for now :P)
Well I certainly appreciate that... :mrgreen: but there is a large F1 community outside of F1Technical and they're still confused about the Lotus name, Tag is sure to follow the muddy waters suit. I mean who knows, there's always the possibility they can hit a home run.
To be fair, the Lotus debacle was much more confusing. You had Lotus Renault (which became Caterham) vs Renault-Lotus Renault, all within the span of 2 years. Mclaren TAG Porsche is decades in the past, and TAG has only been a minor sponsor for a long while now, and not a title sponsor. People who don't or vaguely know anything about TAG Porsche will not know there's a possible issue, and the fewer people who know TAG Porsche will probably be able to differentiate it from TAG-Heuer, again because more then enough time has pasted.

It'll be fine. Maybe the bigges issue for Red Bull will be figuring out how they are going to publicly critisize the engine: they can't critisize TAG-Heuer since they don't build the engine, and Renault is not "officially" supplying Red Bull :lol: .
#AeroFrodo

Henk

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer Speculation Thread

I've read somewhere that every badge or sticker you slap on a honda civic gives you 5hp extra. I don't know if that translates to other cars but if it does, it certainly would yield far bigger gains on an F1 car.

Jolle

Henk wrote:I've read somewhere that every badge or sticker you slap on a honda civic gives you 5hp extra. I don't know if that translates to other cars but if it does, it certainly would yield far bigger gains on an F1 car.
So, Mercedes having a (boring) grey car is good thing. If they would go for red, put on some go faster stripes and some of HAM's tattoo's of wisdom, they would lap the whole field...

Skippon

Yes - there's a real chance a 2015 Ferrari PU will completely out perform a 2016 Renault PU!!!! :o

ripper

It will probabilly depend on how many token Renault will use at the beginning of the season, but I would be surprised if after 32 tokens the 2016 Renault PU isn't superior than the 2015 Ferrari one

NL_Fer

All the tokens used by Renault haven't brought any progress till now. They will try the Mario Illien plan now, but nobody knows it will bring them any succes at the season start. Who knows they are at a dead end with this pu and need to start from scratch.

Manoah2u

2016 Red Bull Racing F1 Team - Tag Heuer

Team: Infiniti Red Bull Racing
Base: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Christian Horner
Technical director(s): Adrian Newey

Race drivers: 3 Image Daniel Ricciardo & 26 Image Daniil Kvyat

Test drivers : ???

Chassis: RB12
Engine: TAG HEUER V6 Turbo

2015 position: 4th (187 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Infinity Red Bull Racing F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2016 Infinity Red Bull Racing RB12 F1 CAR: CLICK HERE
Last edited by Manoah2u on 07 Dec 2015, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kooleracer

Re: 2016 Infiniti Red Bull Racing F1 Team - Tag Heuer

Infiniti has ended the relationship with RBR despite their contract for 2016. So they might become TAG Heuer Red Bull Racing.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Manoah2u

kooleracer wrote:Infiniti has ended the relationship with RBR despite their contract for 2016. So they might become TAG Heuer Red Bull Racing.
source?

their website still states infinity-redbull. which is odd if infniti has ended their realtionship, even more if you concider earlier this year it was redbullracing.com not infiniti-redbullracing.com
so i'm gonna stick to their official website untill otherwise is stated. apart from that, that is not logical.
Tag Heuer Red bull Racing - Tag Heuer?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

turbof1

Manoah2u wrote:
kooleracer wrote:Infiniti has ended the relationship with RBR despite their contract for 2016. So they might become TAG Heuer Red Bull Racing.
source?

their website still states infinity-redbull. which is odd if infniti has ended their realtionship, even more if you concider earlier this year it was redbullracing.com not infiniti-redbullracing.com
so i'm gonna stick to their official website untill otherwise is stated. apart from that, that is not logical.
Tag Heuer Red bull Racing - Tag Heuer?
I think you are correct - the rumors were infiniti would still be sponsor of Red Bull, albeit with reduced financial support and they will be gone in 2017. In their twitter image a couple of days ago, red bull referred to "infiniti red bull racing 2016".

So we'll stick by it for now.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing F1 Team - Tag Heuer

edited title for conveniance.