Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FoxHound

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

Can this whole debate not be looked at reasonably?

Hamilton won the championship, took his foot off the gas just a bit and this made Rosberg take the upper hand?
Any serious racing series will require 100% commitment, and we know Hamilton went on his party spree the moment this became a foregone conclusion.

I'd have done exactly the same thing.

Let's put this down to a need to win versus the no longer need to win. It's simple and solves a whole 2 months of bickering.
If Rosberg bangs in 4 wins out of 4 in 2016, it'll be a different car, different tyres, different circumstances.
Driver form won't miraculously filter through over a winter, 3 tests and a new chassis and tyres.
But I highly doubt we'll see Hamilton scraping that work of art that is the Pagani Zonda(the absolute heathen) in the first 4 races of 2016.

It will just mean Rosberg did better in those 4 races than Hamilton has.
Just like he did in the final part of the season this year, and just as Hamilton did in the winning of the championship before that.
Anything else is just fanboy hyperbole.
JET set

GPR-A duplicate2

Car of the Year

Driver of the Year

Personality of the Year

Cold Fussion

The last thing I'd ever accuse Verstappen of is having any discernible personality.

Schuttelberg

FoxHound wrote:Can this whole debate not be looked at reasonably?

Hamilton won the championship, took his foot off the gas just a bit and this made Rosberg take the upper hand?
Any serious racing series will require 100% commitment, and we know Hamilton went on his party spree the moment this became a foregone conclusion.

I'd have done exactly the same thing.

Let's put this down to a need to win versus the no longer need to win. It's simple and solves a whole 2 months of bickering.
If Rosberg bangs in 4 wins out of 4 in 2016, it'll be a different car, different tyres, different circumstances.
Driver form won't miraculously filter through over a winter, 3 tests and a new chassis and tyres.

But I highly doubt we'll see Hamilton scraping that work of art that is the Pagani Zonda(the absolute heathen) in the first 4 races of 2016.

It will just mean Rosberg did better in those 4 races than Hamilton has.
Just like he did in the final part of the season this year, and just as Hamilton did in the winning of the championship before that.
Anything else is just fanboy hyperbole.
That's quite convenient. If you see my post before yours, you'll know I agree with you on a lot of fronts. Does Hamilton have no responsibility towards the fans that purchase a ticket to see him be as 'hungry' as before. You say Hamilton didn't need to win anymore. I want to ask you? The guy is a triple world champion. I personally am not fond of him, but it's stupid to say he's not an all time great. The guy can do anything anyone has behind the wheel. So my question is, what's the need for him to be as hungry as before to win? He has nothing left to prove. He can easily back Rosberg and bank on his handsome salary.

Unfortunately, I completely disagree with you. I also disagree with Hamilton on a lot of fronts, but the guy is a champion and a true racer at heart. He, in my opinion tried all he could to win the last three races but he got beat fair and square, like you pointed out. I think, hiding behind these excuses is not a champions hallmark and Hamilton is a champion. The pressure will be on next year and the only question is whether Rosberg has the bottle in his stomach to face up to Lewis. I don't believe Lewis will lose any of his speed anytime soon. It's simply his mental state that's the question.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

PlatinumZealot

No driver gains a half a second in two weeks.
And hamitlon is the leading expert on the feel of his car. Mecedes wanted rosberg to be happy going into the winter.. Did you know that the w06 was 8 tenths faster than the w05 from the start of the season up to singapore? Since then it has either been slower or only 2 tenths faster...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Javert

PlatinumZealot wrote:No driver gains a half a second in two weeks.
And hamitlon is the leading expert on the feel of his car. Mecedes wanted rosberg to be happy going into the winter.. Did you know that the w06 was 8 tenths faster than the w05 from the start of the season up to singapore? Since then it has either been slower or only 2 tenths faster...
In Japan W05 had a big improvement in aero (0.4s) that explains a lot, while W06 stopped development and became slower probably due to the tire pressure and related setup issues

dans79

shouldn't we move all this to the dedicated thread?
197 104 103 7

turbof1

dans79 wrote:shouldn't we move all this to the dedicated thread?
Agreed. The discussion is more then significant enough to deserve its own thread. So for the discussion about the data theft, go here. I also moved post from here to there.
#AeroFrodo