2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

lio007 wrote:Oh dear, even Newey is frightened of Honda. I really hope this won't happen and Renault takes a considerable step forward.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/newey ... -2016/?s=1
I think i read somewhere that Paul Hembrey said Merc&Ferrari shoud be frightened of Mclaren as well,according to 2016 data provided to Pirelli by teams
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

SiLo

GoranF1 wrote:
lio007 wrote:Oh dear, even Newey is frightened of Honda. I really hope this won't happen and Renault takes a considerable step forward.

I think i read somewhere that Paul Hembrey said Merc&Ferrari shoud be frightened of Mclaren as well,according to 2016 data provided to Pirelli by teams
Surely he isn't allowed to say anything like that? And even if he was, I assumed the tyre usage data may have been provided to pirelli anonymously?
Felipe Baby!

zeph

I can only view that as yet another dig at Renault and a pre-emptive CYA.

djos

zeph wrote:

I can only view that as yet another dig at Renault and a pre-emptive CYA.
It's an honest assessment, we need more of that in F1, not less!
"In downforce we trust"

ME4ME

zeph wrote:I can only view that as yet another dig at Renault and a pre-emptive CYA.
Here is just stating the obvious really:
"If we start the engine with the same power as we have had throughout 2014 and 2015, which I think may well be the case, then we are going to be even further behind.
I think it's pretty depressing to be honest. The first half of the season will be increadibly hard for Red Bull, and obviously for Renault themselves. Hopefully progress will be made with the PU and they can catch up in the 2nd half of 2016.

FoxHound

ME4ME wrote:I think it's pretty depressing to be honest. The first half of the season will be increadibly hard for Red Bull, and obviously for Renault themselves. Hopefully progress will be made with the PU and they can catch up in the 2nd half of 2016.
Renault are throwing more money at the problem so hopefully we'll see some strides being made.

But what intrigues me is that out of the last 30 seasons in F1, only one team has won the championship not being affiliated to a manufacturer. That team being Brawn. Both Williams and McLaren had close ties to Honda, and then Renault and Mercedes respectively.
Red Bull must now clearly see that, and it is irrespective of the engine rules which they'd have you believe.

They need to bag a manufacturer, or make an engine themselves. Waiting for this miraculously stupid alternative engine will guarantee one thing....a manufacturer exodus.
JET set

PlatinumZealot

Cold Fussion wrote:I would love to know what definition of Martyrdom Marko is operating off of, because it appears to be unrelated to any classical definition.
He must have died and rose again? Even so the Jesus of F1 he is not. Quite the opposite. haha
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

rscsr

FoxHound wrote:
ME4ME wrote:I think it's pretty depressing to be honest. The first half of the season will be increadibly hard for Red Bull, and obviously for Renault themselves. Hopefully progress will be made with the PU and they can catch up in the 2nd half of 2016.
Renault are throwing more money at the problem so hopefully we'll see some strides being made.

But what intrigues me is that out of the last 30 seasons in F1, only one team has won the championship not being affiliated to a manufacturer. That team being Brawn. Both Williams and McLaren had close ties to Honda, and then Renault and Mercedes respectively.
Red Bull must now clearly see that, and it is irrespective of the engine rules which they'd have you believe.

They need to bag a manufacturer, or make an engine themselves. Waiting for this miraculously stupid alternative engine will guarantee one thing....a manufacturer exodus.
How was Brawn not affiliated with Honda? Honda threw everything into 2009. According to Alex Wurz they developed 3 different cars for 2009 at one point.

It is often said but Red Bull will have a hard time getting manufacturer support again. It seems to me, that they will get a neutral marketing effect out of RBR.

djos

You are confusing Renault Infiniti diluting their own branding by trying to get 2 bites of the marketing cherry out of one team.

Imagine if Mercedes renamed itself to Smart Mercedes F1 and only had Mercedes printed on the engine cover. It would have the same effect of diluting the marketing value for Mercedes because Smart would then be the "main brand".
"In downforce we trust"

FoxHound

rscsr wrote:How was Brawn not affiliated with Honda? Honda threw everything into 2009. According to Alex Wurz they developed 3 different cars for 2009 at one point.

It is often said but Red Bull will have a hard time getting manufacturer support again. It seems to me, that they will get a neutral marketing effect out of RBR.
But the engine and gearbox were Mercedes, and not the Honda V8 it was designed for.
Look, I see your point. It was de facto Honda, But not in the traditional sense, and if nobody stepped up to the plate...the RA109/BGP01 would never have raced.
JET set

hpras

FoxHound wrote:
Benetton?

FW17

FoxHound wrote:the RA109/BGP01 would never have raced.

RA109 had it raced would have won nothing and Red Bull would have won 5 titles

Honda would have been a little better than the Toyota and would have pulled out at the end of 2009.

FW17

rscsr wrote: It is often said but Red Bull will have a hard time getting manufacturer support again. It seems to me, that they will get a neutral marketing effect out of RBR.

manufacturer support again would depend on development regulations of the engines more than Red Bull

ScottB

I find Newey's comments a bit baffling to be honest...

I don't see why he can apparently have total faith in Honda improving from a much worse standing point than Renault, but then Renault won't improve.

Didn't he claim being offered a 2015 Ferrari engine was unacceptable, certainly the team did, but now that engine means STR will be ahead of them?

And yeah, them continuing to moan about Renault in public isn't going to help with the quest for a new engine for 2017 onwards either.

hemichromis

Well Red bull has had talks with Honda and were very impressed with their development direction and work ethic.
This is why Red bull wanted a Honda engine rather than the Renault.