2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bdr529

Re: 2016 Aston Martin Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
Racer X wrote:Sergio Perez will be racing an Aston Martin at the Daytona 24hours race this January 30&31st. This deal was probably made before they backed out. It's good practice for Sergio and good promotion for Telmex and Aston Martin the Latin American market is quite large. Also their going to be in the US so why wouldn't you promote each other tho it has nothing to do with Force India at this point.

But it is team news to see one of the drivers race. Like when Hulk raced for his 24 hour competition. Which by the way he won!
I thought he was just a part of the project but not in racing capability
The article I read and posted in World Endurance Championship 2016 a few days ago, said that Sergio would be one of the drivers,
The article now says Perez to back TRG-Aston Martin entry and no mention of Sergio being a driver
It seems some at motorsport.com got a little to excited and ahead of themselves, including myself, Sorry Guys #-o

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:stop crying like a baby. it was a very big possibility that it would actualyl become so, as much as that it was almost already a done deal. instead it turns out aston martin backed out.

the thread title will be changed now. dont get your panties all in a bunch. breathe, no life is lost. jeesh.
No ones crying. Just feeling smug at how this thing backfired in all your faces. i am so amused that any rumour is enough to make a "big possibility" into a fact on F1 technical these days.

Seems emotions got the better of you all.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:stop crying like a baby. it was a very big possibility that it would actualyl become so, as much as that it was almost already a done deal. instead it turns out aston martin backed out.

the thread title will be changed now. dont get your panties all in a bunch. breathe, no life is lost. jeesh.
No ones crying. Just feeling smug at how this thing backfired in all your faces. i am so amused that any rumour is enough to make a "big possibility" into a fact on F1 technical these days.

'YOU all'

yes, we know you are quite the arrogant without any form of self-realisation.
perhaps you should start your own forum and do everything yourself so perfect.
what's keeping you?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Racer X

Lol "we all here" did want to see the Aston Martin brand in F1 not because it was them because it was still going to be Force India but because it would have been nice. It didn't happen and it's no big deal because Force India will still be the same competitive team.

Aston Martin was mere going to be a name like Infinity to Redbull.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FW17

or LOTUS

Racer X

Lotus would be a perfect fit. But would that mean that since Maldonado has a contract with Lotus they would have to boot Sergio' and Hulk in place of Palmer and Crashtor'?

turbof1

Re: 2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

I updated the title and references to the team. Please mind that there were quite a few indications that Force India would be redubbed as Aston Martin hence we chooses to take a risk and go for the Aston Martin name. That did not really paid off since Aston Martin confirmed they will not enter F1 next year, as sponsor or otherwise. This had nothing to do with being smug; simply that we were confronted with the question "how is this team going to be named next year?" and based on the information we had, we took a decision. Mind that this is also a forum topic; we did not speculate about this in a frontpage article.

I'll be looking into updated the team logo's this evening. I currently don't have enough time at the moment, so do please excuse us on that.

Do mind that Manoah2u put a lot of effort into these topics. Just because one single topic did not reflected the reality, does not mean all the effort is suddenly wasted. Please cut a hardworking member some slag :wink: .
#AeroFrodo

lio007

Look at the provisiional entry-list from 30th November 2015:
FIA entry list

Maybe it was too early but the team name "SAHARA FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM" even hasn't had a "TBC"- "possible change"-mark.
So I wonder if this Aston Martin deal was ever more than speculation. Anyway, it could have been at least some financial boost for the team. Hope they find other sponsors

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

'YOU all'

yes, we know you are quite the arrogant without any form of self-realisation.
perhaps you should start your own forum and do everything yourself so perfect.
what's keeping you?
I won't even bother responding to your insults. Read between the lines. My post is not directed at "you all."

There is something called satire do you know.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122527

Pérez with alot of nice things to say about Hulk it's a good read and nice to see this kind of Rivals pushing each other to be better but still rival's'.

Godius

Force India set to run 2016 car at both tests
21 January 2016 – Force India is confident that it will avoid a repeat of its rushed 2015 winter preparations, confirming to GPUpdate.net that it is on track to run its 2016 challenger from the start of pre-season testing.

Force India missed last year's opening test at Jerez, attended the first Barcelona session with its 2014-spec car and only debuted an underdeveloped 2015 model halfway through the final gathering.

But under relatively stable regulations, Force India is set to debut its new car on time.

Formula 1 will this year stage two pre-season tests, both at Spanish Grand Prix host venue the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, with the action due to take place from February 22-25 and March 1-4.

"Our winter programme is progressing well and we will be attending both Barcelona test sessions," a spokesman told GPUpdate.net, adding that it is the team's plan to run the 2016 car from the outset.

Force India finished fifth in 2015, behind only Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams and Red Bull.

multisync

That's only because this years car is just a modified '15 which was late to the game so it's actually still mid development. Next year is when they will be back to 'normal' with being late and underdeveloped as the season progresses. (that's if they are still with us of course)

onewingedangel

Last years switch to the Toyota tunnel meant there was always going to be somewhat of a break in the development. With the stable regulations and limitation on wind-tunnel hours, as long as the philosophy of the car is sound then continuous refinement is the best route to take.

multisync

onewingedangel wrote:Last years switch to the Toyota tunnel meant there was always going to be somewhat of a break in the development. With the stable regulations and limitation on wind-tunnel hours, as long as the philosophy of the car is sound then continuous refinement is the best route to take.
Equally the delay in the big CFD upgrade which was planned for January, did not come on stream till July.