F1Technical 2016 update

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
djos

Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Shrieker wrote:
@djos,

LOL i had a look at it on chrome, and voila. It is noticeably better. Here is a screenshot (png) from chrome:

http://i.imgur.com/oHLHGOJ.png" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Can you guys see any difference ? It does look a lot different to me. The first pick in this post is from firefox, I have to say they've lately been screwing small things a little bit here and there lately...
Firefox is breaking my companies wordpress site too so I'm blaming them, even edge renders it properly!
"In downforce we trust"

Thunder

One more reason not to use Firefox then. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

VarioR

I am loving it so far.

So much "clean"

Congratulations =D>
Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

Steven
Owner

djos wrote:
Shrieker wrote:
@djos,

LOL i had a look at it on chrome, and voila. It is noticeably better. Here is a screenshot (png) from chrome:

http://i.imgur.com/oHLHGOJ.png" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

Can you guys see any difference ? It does look a lot different to me. The first pick in this post is from firefox, I have to say they've lately been screwing small things a little bit here and there lately...
Firefox is breaking my companies wordpress site too so I'm blaming them, even edge renders it properly!
I'm using FF most of the time, and it renders properly for me.
So, not sure what's going on.

turbof1

There is also still the issue that each post starts with Re: .
#AeroFrodo

nevill3

F1Technical 2016 update

You could just edit the subject line like I did above, I removed the "RE" but could have edited the whole text if I wanted to

Edit to be more helpful

you would need to edit some of the php files that came with the forum, depending which version of phpbb you are using, but a quick Google suggests various edits to either remove the "Re" or the title completely is relatively simple to acheive
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Mr.G

Regarding to fonts issues - it's issue with true type fonts... Check your browser / Windows and set them properly and it will be fixed...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Ava Pug

If you could change .row .pagination { font-size } to 1.1em or 1.2em it makes it much easier to read.

MrCelroy

Ok, I'm starting to miss the moving gear in the logo. Can we please have that back pleeeaassseeee??!? :) It made the site seem more lively.
Welcome to the exciting and wonderful world of automobile racing. Enjoy!

turbof1

MrCelroy wrote:Ok, I'm starting to miss the moving gear in the logo. Can we please have that back pleeeaassseeee??!? :) It made the site seem more lively.
Maybe. We'll bring it up to discussion, but do realize the first priority now is to iron out the bugs. That may take a while, and Steven unfortunaly is the only with the means and knowledge to do so.
#AeroFrodo

Yurasyk

It seems the new line after quotes works in the wrong way:
this
leads to an excess line:

djos

Ok so after a couple of days of use I have 1 major gripe.

On my smartphone I tap the notifications icon and I can't tell which ones are outstanding, they are all kinda grey shaded.

However If I select "show all" the outstanding notifications are highlighted in a nice blue.

Can we please have this Latter behavior replicated in the small drop down?

I'm on iOS, I haven't spent much time on the full size version to notice if this happens there too.
"In downforce we trust"

Steven
Owner

Some fixes done.
  • Editing or quoting posts with links should be fixed (seems like a _blank was added all the time)
  • Removed the red alert box aside of the inbox in the header (as new PMs also end up as notifications
  • Moved pager above ad at the bottom of forum pages

Nathanael F1

Thank you so much for the updates!
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

djos

djos wrote:Ok so after a couple of days of use I have 1 major gripe.

On my smartphone I tap the notifications icon and I can't tell which ones are outstanding, they are all kinda grey shaded.

However If I select "show all" the outstanding notifications are highlighted in a nice blue.

Can we please have this Latter behavior replicated in the small drop down?

I'm on iOS, I haven't spent much time on the full size version to notice if this happens there too.
Confirmed, there is no highlight on the desktop version either, you need to click "see all" to see which notifications have not been acted on.
"In downforce we trust"