F1 2016 pre-season testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
LookBackTime

Re: F1 2016 pre-season testing

F1 2016 testing: Ted's Notebook and nightly review shows from Barcelona

Daily report show 'Paddock Uncut' to be broadcast at 9pm after all eight days of pre-season action, followed by Ted's Notebook

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... -barcelona

Barcelona Test One schedule:

Monday February 22
Paddock Uncut: 1st Test Day Two: 9pm
Ted's Notebook 1st Test Day Two: 9.15pm

Tuesday February 23
Paddock Uncut: 1st Test Day Three: 9pm
Ted's Notebook 1st Test Day Three: 9.15pm

Wednesday February 24
Paddock Uncut: 1st Test Day Four: 9pm
Ted's Notebook 1st Test Day Four: 9.15pm

Thursday February 25
Paddock Uncut: 1st Test Day Four: 9pm
​Ted's Notebook 1st Test Day Four: 9.15pm

Pre-season Test dates:
February 22-25: Barcelona, Spain.
March 1-4: Barcelona, Spain.

FrukostScones

theblackangus wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
bauc wrote:This is OT post, but I'm pissed off as we are only 12 days till the start of the pre-season testing and we've only seen one car so far .....
yeah, zero cars essentially;
I think even the die hard fans are now reconsidering... very quiet pre-season. YAWN!

What exactly are the die hard fans reconsidering?
F1
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

theblackangus

FrukostScones wrote:
theblackangus wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
I think even the die hard fans are now reconsidering... very quiet pre-season. YAWN!

F1
So are you saying that because the pre-season was quiet people are going to stop watching the racing?

Because it seems like that is what you are insinuating.

3jawchuck

FrukostScones wrote:
theblackangus wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:

F1
Not very die hard if they're going to bugger off because there hasn't been many car launches.

theblackangus

3jawchuck wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
theblackangus wrote:
F1
Not very die hard if they're going to bugger off because there hasn't been many car launches.
I was hoping I was misunderstanding FrukostScones, because that most certainly does seem like a passing fancy if you didn't get some photos and stopped paying attention. =)

I like the suspense, it would be awesome to not see the cars till they rolled from the garage for the 1st practice!

Vasconia

I agree that this must be the most boring (and long) pre-season I have even seen. I hope the teams will begin to show their cars, just for the sake of enjoyment!

dren

Vasconia wrote:I agree that this must be the most boring (and long) pre-season I have even seen. I hope the teams will begin to show their cars, just for the sake of enjoyment!
The money teams spent on 'frivolous' PR events just isn't there anymore; or it has been reallocated into other departments that impact performance. It also seems like they are stretching development time, too.

I'm not too worried about it because the cars they would show at the press events were usually not very representative to what the teams brought to testing. Just a few more days now... :)
Honda!

Fulcrum

Most boring? Surely it has a better chance to be considered the most suspenseful? One week before the first test we still haven't seen any of the cars, only heard fractions of news of their developments; all in a year where many anticipate an increasingly competitive field, we have a new team, new drivers and a new race venue.

I'm keen.

NathanOlder

Yeah I agree. We have 6 days to the first test, and all will be revealed in that time. So we have a lot to take in, in a short time.

Its coming guys, hard and fast!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Vasconia

Fulcrum wrote:Most boring? Surely it has a better chance to be considered the most suspenseful? One week before the first test we still haven't seen any of the cars, only heard fractions of news of their developments; all in a year where many anticipate an increasingly competitive field, we have a new team, new drivers and a new race venue.

I'm keen.
Yes but I meant that the lack of information of the new cars havent given us a great room to speak about them during the pre-season weeks.

I´m also excited with the first test!

Samraj_official

yes there's been little off-track action........but in meantime Craig has somethings about the things we could probably see
http://scarbsf1.com/?p=4526" target="_blank

and this sounds interesting
An increasing trend since the 2014 regs were brought in is to raise the gearbox case clear of the floor beneath, aided by the higher mandatory crankshaft position up to 90mm from 58mm, this means the casing can shrink inwards around the rear inboard suspension and the gear cluster mounted towards the centre of the case. Doing this allows the stepped floor to merge into the lower central step to direct more airflow across the full width of the diffuser. Shrinking in the sidepods and the undercut under the gearbox will be more noticeable this year, looking like the rear of the car is cantilevered over the floor. Ferrari are rumored to have repositioned the MGU-K s on its PU specifically to allow this narrowing.

f1316

I'm surprised no one's yet tried to steal Ferrari's thunder as the first 2016 car to emerge with a render.

Still time for that to happen, of course, but it was a theme in the last couple of years (usually Williams, right?) so would have thought someone would want the publicity.

Scuderia1967

f1316 wrote:I'm surprised no one's yet tried to steal Ferrari's thunder as the first 2016 car to emerge with a render.

Still time for that to happen, of course, but it was a theme in the last couple of years (usually Williams, right?) so would have thought someone would want the publicity.
Ferrari's presentation is still 24 hours away. There's plenty of time for a few surprises ;)

skoop

maybe merc leaks some pictures tomorrow of their showrun at silverstone

f1316

f1316 wrote:I'm surprised no one's yet tried to steal Ferrari's thunder as the first 2016 car to emerge with a render.

Speak of the devil!