McLaren MP4-31 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
damager21

McLaren MP4-31 Honda

This is not an official video released by McLaren. This video is released by some fan who has created this video.

The YouTube channel of this video belongs to Kimisku and not McLaren.

Following is the latest video released by McLaren

majki2111

Re: Mclaren MP4-31 Honda Speculation Thread

OK Sorry my mistake.

VarioR

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

Zynerji

The S duct like the Sauber from a few years ago...

RegerandeBull

In all honestly it looks a lot like the RB11... Even more to me than it looks like it's predecessor.

Sevach

Nice slope on the sidepods, huge intakes though.

ferkan

It leaked! Ron must be pissed :lol: Looks like evolution of last years car, which means that one must have been good enough to go further down the road.

BTW is it just me or did they intentionally angle the overhead photo to exaggerate "coke bottle" area? :D Seems like they did when looking at front end of the car and then back end which appears slightly bigger in proportions.
RegerandeBull wrote:In all honestly it looks a lot like the RB11... Even more to me than it looks like it's predecessor.
To me it looks more like Ferrari then RB11. RB11 has kinda curved front end, where this is pretty much straight.
Last edited by ferkan on 21 Feb 2016, 02:28, edited 1 time in total.

Nathanael F1

The nose looks a lot like the Red Bull RB11.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Nathanael F1

ferkan wrote:It leaked! Ron must be pissed :lol: Looks like evolution of last years car, which means that one must have been good enough to go further down the road.

BTW is it just me or did they intentionally angle the overhead photo to exaggerate "coke bottle" area? :D Seems like they did when looking at front end of the car and then back end which appears slightly bigger in proportions.
They did the same last year.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

FrukostScones

nice surprise...

but too bad it's Honda powered.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

RegerandeBull

ferkan wrote:It leaked! Ron must be pissed :lol: Looks like evolution of last years car, which means that one must have been good enough to go further down the road.

RegerandeBull wrote:In all honestly it looks a lot like the RB11... Even more to me than it looks like it's predecessor.
To me it looks more like Ferrari then RB11. RB11 has kinda curved front end, where this is pretty much straight.
For me it's the engine cover, nose, and frontwing that all look very Red Bull to me. It's probably because of Podromou, hopefully the RB12 isn't this ugly...

ringo

Basically a redbull, but it is very aggressive, in the nose and front bulk head design.

I don't like the black though. Looks like the whole grid will be dark coloured.
For Sure!!

Blackout

A surprise? a Red Bull? WTF? no its basically the 'same' 2015 short nose, the same s-duct, the same sidepod and roll hoop general design with only some minor changes (the intakes for example)... it's a light evolution of the 2015 Mclaren design first of all,..
Look at last year pics....

Alonsofor2017

Blackout wrote:A surprise? a Red Bull? WTF? no its basically the 'same' 2015 short nose, the same s-duct, the same sidepod and roll hoop general design with only some minor changes (the intakes for example)... it's a light evolution of the 2015 Mclaren design first of all,..
Look at last year pics....
It's what you can't see inside the car that will count 90% wether McLaren has a good season, unless the engine is powerful we won't know how good the chassis is, I think it looks nicer than last year's anyway, more serious looking