Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Scuderia1967

Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer

This the official car topic about the 2016 Red bull Racing contender, the Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer. This thread will handle more stringent rules:

-Absolutely no livery talk in the car topic. Liveries are by nature topics assigned to the team thread, and should be discussed there. Posts about liveries in the car thread will be removed.

-Discussion about the car's hardware only. No discussion about the laptimes (should be discussed in the testing or race threads; test thread is here: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=23795" target="_blank). No speculation or rumors towards future features of the car; no speculation about the competitive performance (car beats car B but car C, etc.). Such discussions will be removed as well.

-Discussion about the Power Unit should belong in its respective PU topic. How the car's chassis and bodywork is adapted to it remains in the car thread, but pure features of the PU don't go there. Since this is quite a grey area, we will not remove transgressions on that front, but will move them when appropiate.

That might sound strict and is infact so, but this is done to safeguard the topic quality. We will be very thorough about that this year! If you don't find anything worthwhile to post, please resist the urge and do not post. There is nothing wrong with that and is infact the better option when there's nothing new.

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Direct comparison 2015 vs. 2016:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbfDlXFWAAAkoGI.jpg:large
Brand new wheels. New suplier or just a different model?

ME4ME

Re: Red Bull RB12 TAG-Heuer Speculation Thread

Ricciardo told to lose some weight. Car is right on the limit..

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci ... on-674185/

You'd wonder why a team as good as Red Bull would be on the limit. Not sure what they ran last year, but maybe they've switched to a water intercooler.

lio007

Lead engineers on the RB12:

hpras

So Adrian can move those 2 or 3kg exactly where he want them. Car isn't on the weight limit, but maybe the weight balance is.
ME4ME wrote:Ricciardo told to lose some weight. Car is right on the limit..

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci ... on-674185/

You'd wonder why a team as good as Red Bull would be on the limit. Not sure what they ran last year, but maybe they've switched to a water intercooler.

Racer X

I love the redbull nose more between the Williams and Ferrari of the noses so far the redbull looks the best. But who knows I what the overall package does on track. Just from first view I like the redbull more tho'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

ME4ME

RB12 and season preview with Adrian Newey, Rob Marshall, Paul Monoghan, Dan Fallows and Piere Wache.

http://www.redbullracing.com/video/watch-inside-line

Tomek1623

Last edited by Tomek1623 on 22 Feb 2016, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

djos

"In downforce we trust"

Thunder

An evolution of last years Car, like basically every other Car. Looks Good. Let's see what Renault has done over the Winter.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

f1rules

dare i say it, for once, and i really dont mean any disrespect to rb fans, nothing spectacular from rb, in the past i always feared their launches because their cars where so extreme, agressive and looked ligt years ahead, but actually this looks pretty average compared to the other cars, how good it actually is, is offcourse a totally different matter

lio007

- New merc-like Front suspension!
- Tire sqirt slots in front of rear Tires
- Reversed mickeymouse exhausts
Last edited by lio007 on 22 Feb 2016, 08:59, edited 2 times in total.

lio007

f1rules wrote:dare i say it, for once, and i really dont mean any disrespect to rb fans, nothing spectacular from rb, in the past i always feared their launches because their cars where so extreme, agressive and looked ligt years ahead, but actually this looks pretty average compared to the other cars, how good it actually is, is offcourse a totally different matter
Anything else can be expected with this tight set of regulations.

f1rules

yeah, you are right, still under strict regulations in the past they always seemed to amaze, no matter im sure this chassis will be top notch, RB knows their ---
lio007 wrote:
f1rules wrote:dare i say it, for once, and i really dont mean any disrespect to rb fans, nothing spectacular from rb, in the past i always feared their launches because their cars where so extreme, agressive and looked ligt years ahead, but actually this looks pretty average compared to the other cars, how good it actually is, is offcourse a totally different matter
Anything else can be expected with this tight set of regulations.

Helios