HOW TO Post a picture

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
SectorOne

Re: HOW TO Post a picture

hollus wrote:Today I tried imgur, and so far so good (n=1).
It´s the best. Easy, simple, no ads all over your face.

I have long history of uploading pictures on the internet all the way back when i was really young photoshopping cars, I know my --- when it comes to image uploaders. (imageshack was the sh*t back then, not so much today)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

VFC_Cipher

Given that someone mentioned it was ok to test posting out pics here, I am going to give it a whirl. Here goes nothing.

ChrisDanger

How do you post a picture that is also a clickable link (for example to its hi-res original)?

I found some BBCode but it doesn't work ([img]image-link[/img]). Is there another format of codes used on this forum?

Steven
Owner

Remove the quotes around "link" and try again :)

ChrisDanger

Thanks! :oops:

Incumma

HOW TO Post a picture

Yes, I know I sound like Im completely computer illiterate....but how do I post a picture that Ive taken with a digital camera? I was told that Id have to upload the picture to a website, and then post it on the forum with a hotlink, but Im sure there must be an easier way.

many thanks,
muhtadiyah

hollus

No, there is no easier way. You’ll have to first upload to a site such as imgur or similar and then post a link.
You do not upload any files directly to this forum.
Rivals, not enemies.

hollus

So!
This is 2021 and many of the image hosting sites mentioned in the thread no longer exist.
Imgur is still there, still works, but am I the only one to find that the interface has become mysterious and almost unusable, and that they hide your link behind as many clicks as possible?

A few people mentioned IMGBB today. Is it good / easy / better?

Which other image hosting sites are good and easy to use right now?
Rivals, not enemies.

Herr_Koos

Just to confirm: I assume that pasting or uploading pictures directly into the thread isn't supported by this forum software? Because it definitely works on some sites I use.

flynfrog

That is correct.

Steven
Owner

Support is being worked on, but no promises on timeline I'm afraid.
You'll be the first to know though ;)

zhuyisheng

http://www.imageshack.us/
You can register it with your Facebook account. Then you can upload your photos form your computer.

hollus

Uh? Imageshack is back?!
Hadn't it stopped working at some point? (became a pay product, if I remember it correctly).
Rivals, not enemies.

Vicki005

yes thank you after your post i think solved my problem

hollus

After a couple of users asking for help last week, better to share here. In imgur it used to be that one would use a "copy link" option or similar. They have changed that now, one only gets a URL in that way. To get the necessary link to a .jpg:

Imgur made it obfuscated for everyone, recently.
This is what works for me:
Go to imgur and go to a point where you see your image (no need to make it public!). Then right click on it and “copy image link”. That link is to a .jpeg image, and can be added to your post with the IMG tags.
Rivals, not enemies.