Sauber C35 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sniffit

Sauber C35 Ferrari

This the official car topic about the 2016 Sauber contender, the C35. This thread will handle more stringent rules:

-Absolutely no livery talk in the car topic. Liveries are by nature topics assigned to the team thread, and should be discussed there. Posts about liveries in the car thread will be removed.

-Discussion about the car's hardware only. No discussion about the laptimes (should be discussed in the testing or race threads). No speculation or rumors towards future features of the car; no speculation about the competitive performance (car beats car B but car C, etc.). Such discussions will be removed as well.

-Discussion about the Power Unit should belong in its respective PU topic. How the car's chassis and bodywork is adapted to it remains in the car thread, but pure features of the PU don't go there. Since this is quite a grey area, we will not remove transgressions on that front, but will move them when appropiate.

That might sound strict and is infact so, but this is done to safeguard the topic quality. We will be very thorough about that this year! If you don't find anything worthwhile to post, please resist the urge and do not post. There is nothing wrong with that and is infact the better option when there's nothing new.

Last edited by Sniffit on 29 Feb 2016, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

Mark4211

Re: Sauber C35 Ferrari

Ferrari is spelt wrongly in the thread title

Sniffit

Me and my damned saussage fingers, fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cuky

Interesting rear wing pylon

Blackout

But where is the rear pullrod? http://f1.f-e-n.net/index.php/url154961
Last edited by Blackout on 29 Feb 2016, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Damn, blackout, that screenshot is taking awfully a lot to load :lol: .

Strange to see a team still going for the double pylon support at the back.
#AeroFrodo

Big Mangalhit

And also the air box behind the driver head seems to curve down a bit rearwards than normal, no? it seem sot suggest that in fact the ferrari plenum starts a bit rearwards and that there is something in the space between the engine and the seat. Oilbox? intercooler? I don't remember but I think there were several rumours about it

ME4ME

Bulky looking sidepods. But then the air inlet area behind the drivers head is massivly undercut. Also very interesting rear suspension. Tiny front brake ducts.

Mark4211

The front suspension wishbone arrangement looks to be lowered compared to last year [lower roll center?], looking quite similar to Toro Rosso, Mercedes, etc. My observation anyway.

2015: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 16-b-5.jpg
2014: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... -c34-2.jpg

fawe4

I believe so also. Even if it's just by a small amount. Steering arm is still up though.

novenpeter

Wonder why they use the front wing they abandoned mid-season last year as launch spec

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

adrianjordan

Interesting that the flow conditioners around the leading edge of the upper sidepod (I'm sure there's a more elegant way to describe that, but I'm sleep deprived!!) stop roughly level with the top of the sidepod entrance. I haven't noticed this on any other cars - is this unique to Sauber or have I just not noticed the others?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

matt21