Sauber C35 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1Krof

Re: Sauber C35 Ferrari

Very interesting rear wing I would guess. Doesn't follow the trend, the angle of attack is very steep on the rear wing. Also as pointed out above, they are running with two mounting pylons. Maybe they are going for the cheapest solutions.
Wroom wroom

wesley123

Looks like a very decent car, nothing extreme. They also seem to follow the recent trend of sidepod shape(sloping down quicker on the outer edges).
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

continuum16

My guess is that their rear wing is from last year and it has mounting points from two pillars, so they decided to reuse it. On another note, is the front wing new or one from last year that they painted all white?
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

desl

continuum16 wrote:On another note, is the front wing new or one from last year that they painted all white?
I think the nose and the frontwing look totally like that what Sauber introduced last year at Singapore

SamCrawford

What with the green used on the rear wing this year, the Brazilian theme is even stronger.

I think it looks like a backmarker car if I'm honest, I don't see anything that exciting

SamCrawford

(I know its fluo paint in the tests today by the way) :P

Sniffit

continuum16 wrote:My guess is that their rear wing is from last year and it has mounting points from two pillars, so they decided to reuse it. On another note, is the front wing new or one from last year that they painted all white?
Yes, it does look like the rear wing from last year. However last year the two supports had separate mounting points on the chassi, this year they join into one nad have one central mounting point. Could be an indication of Sauber moving to a single support for the rear wing at a later date.

The FW is the "new" one from last year, the one that they weren't able to really use.

Aaronque

Not sure what's going on here

atlantis

Air temperature was low today, so maybe they closed with tape the cooling inlets to receive less cold air and let the coolers temperature to raise to racing conditions (like it happens in hotter days)

timbo

atlantis wrote:Air temperature was low today, so maybe they closed with tape the cooling inlets to receive less cold air and let the coolers temperature to raise to racing conditions (like it happens in hotter days)
Yep, this was routinely done on tests in the 90s. Haven't seen much of it recently.

atlantis

Recently they've been doing this usually on front brake ducts :)

pastaracing

Has anyone figure it out how they done with the rear suspension ?? I can't find any pull rod.
In the promotion pictures someone comment this and I thought that the car wasn't 100% complete.

Cuky

pastaracing wrote:Has anyone figure it out how they done with the rear suspension ?? I can't find any pull rod.
In the promotion pictures someone comment this and I thought that the car wasn't 100% complete.

If you look at the pictures from F1Fanatic you can see the pull-rod quite clearly.
Original picture: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 016-c3.jpg

Picture where I have marked the pull-rod: http://i.imgur.com/fL87snU.jpg

pastaracing

Cuky wrote:
pastaracing wrote:Has anyone figure it out how they done with the rear suspension ?? I can't find any pull rod.

If you look at the pictures from F1Fanatic you can see the pull-rod quite clearly.
Original picture: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 016-c3.jpg

Picture where I have marked the pull-rod: http://i.imgur.com/fL87snU.jpg
Ok, thank you. I thought that they have done something special, used the lower wishbone as a lever as there is on an old Formula Ford for example.

gandharva