F1 Williams FW31 project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Petar-Vertex

F1 Williams FW31 project

Hi everyone, I am new on the forum (never really like to visit them) but as I am formula 1 fan I had to register here to learn everything I can about f1 cars.

I am also a CAD designer so when I have free time I like to model my own projects and these days I found some time to start the Williams from 2009 so I le be posting updates on it.

I am also making tutorials and the front wing tutorial is already uploaded on youtube, of course you re gonna have to use CAD software in order to design it. My projects are more like trying to model the car and replicate the shapes, not really having time to get into the technical stuff and aerodynamic as I am having job and have work to do.

LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WDYT OF IT... :D

Here is the link of Youtube videos and I hope I can post some images here of my design.

Images -
Last edited by Petar-Vertex on 23 Mar 2016, 13:31, edited 3 times in total.

Petar-Vertex

Re: F1 Williams FW31 project

Here are some more shots and if anyone is interested I will leave the link where to download the 3D.

CAEdevice

An excellent example of surface modeling with Solidworks.

Petar-Vertex

thanks Matteo!

misterbeam

Excellent job Petar, i really want to see the engine cover tutorial :)

Pierce89

If you can link a .stl I'm sure some other members would be happy to run it through cfd just for fun.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Petar-Vertex

misterbeam wrote:Excellent job Petar, i really want to see the engine cover tutorial :)
Well to be honest that s not so easy but as I am young designer I think this is time to be brave and start working on it, just hope it s not gonna take too much time. Thanks!

Petar-Vertex

Pierce89 wrote:
If you can link a .stl I'm sure some other members would be happy to run it through cfd just for fun.
Ok, so the STL is what people can actually use, thanks for reminding me I le upload it ASAP. So it will be in a same link with other files.
Rear wing is what is coming very soon.

misterbeam

Petar-Vertex wrote:
misterbeam wrote:Excellent job Petar, i really want to see the engine cover tutorial :)
Well to be honest that s not so easy but as I am young designer I think this is time to be brave and start working on it, just hope it s not gonna take too much time. Thanks!
Yes i know, i gave it a try once but i couldn't find a good surface modeling technique, and i'm not a big fan of T-splines :D

Petar-Vertex

hahah I heard about T-splines from rhino and it seems they are actually good for surfacing, solidworks I use is also damn heard but it s interesting to learn and develop :D