2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

ESPImperium wrote:Yes, as she hasn't been given her Media training by Haas yet. Teams have a HR paperwork exercise for all employees on this, all staff usually get to level one, where some guys (No1 Mechanic/Data Engineer) will get level two and then all others senior to that (Chief Engineer/Team Principle) get level three. Media training for level one will be for them not to say anything on camera/recording but only say 'off the record' things to trusted media sources. Level two will be for those persons to be on camera/recordings sporadically, and only to say x/y or z answer, like if Ted doorsteps Lewis No1 Mechanic when he has a problem on the reconnaissance lap as he had a few years back in China with McLaren. Level three is for all others who are almost always the on screen and reported sources, like Toto Wolff or Paddy Lowe at Mercedes and Rob Smedley at Williams.

Its like where ever most people work (if in a large organisation) you get media training these days, level one guys in F1 and most organisations is mostly social media awareness but F1 also includes day course a year on media. Im sure that most people who work in a large organisation are used to going on day courses for stupid things, in F1, media is one of these things that they must go on if they are a trackside team member.

Ruth, to my guess has probably had the level two training at Ferrari, but at Haas probably hasn't had the time to go on the course and hence why she was playing coy to Ted, and walking fast by saying 'i don't do interviews' as the teams notify the normal media outlets who they can approach and who they can't. Haas is still probably in its infancy there when it comes to media liaison, something that will no doubt be worked on in the days to Bahrain.

Sorry for the bland and dry topic of HR in a team thread. Haas will have more or less all its learnings with the media this year or in fact before half way. Haas don't just have F1 technical and sporting sides to be new to the sport, they also have their back office procedures to do as well. Yes 18 months may be a long lead time, but its only when they hit the cold hard coalface of F1 that those areas that may not yield tangible performance, they can have a noticeable impact on moral of a team that can affect track performance indirectly.
Take note people. That's a post that is deemed technically valuable and deserves an upvote.
#AeroFrodo

Webber2011

Blatant favouritism and an attempt to lift someone's positive vote count there Turbo !

In all honesty, and my sad attempt at humour aside..........................ESPImperium's post is one of the best I've seen in a very long time.
Thank you =D>

Racer X

giantfan10 wrote:
strad wrote:Oh My
I've tweeked a Tifosis nose.
no you tweaked the nose of a person that likes facts
oh and FYI i posted that picture because she is a good looking woman nothing more nothing less
You posted her picture because she's a good looking woman...... One might think this was Sexist.
But I don't care.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

turbof1 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Yes, as she hasn't been given her Media training by Haas yet. Teams have a HR paperwork exercise for all employees on this, all staff usually get to level one, where some guys (No1 Mechanic/Data Engineer) will get level two and then all others senior to that (Chief Engineer/Team Principle) get level three. Media training for level one will be for them not to say anything on camera/recording but only say 'off the record' things to trusted media sources. Level two will be for those persons to be on camera/recordings sporadically, and only to say x/y or z answer, like if Ted doorsteps Lewis No1 Mechanic when he has a problem on the reconnaissance lap as he had a few years back in China with McLaren. Level three is for all others who are almost always the on screen and reported sources, like Toto Wolff or Paddy Lowe at Mercedes and Rob Smedley at Williams.

Its like where ever most people work (if in a large organisation) you get media training these days, level one guys in F1 and most organisations is mostly social media awareness but F1 also includes day course a year on media. Im sure that most people who work in a large organisation are used to going on day courses for stupid things, in F1, media is one of these things that they must go on if they are a trackside team member.

Ruth, to my guess has probably had the level two training at Ferrari, but at Haas probably hasn't had the time to go on the course and hence why she was playing coy to Ted, and walking fast by saying 'i don't do interviews' as the teams notify the normal media outlets who they can approach and who they can't. Haas is still probably in its infancy there when it comes to media liaison, something that will no doubt be worked on in the days to Bahrain.

Sorry for the bland and dry topic of HR in a team thread. Haas will have more or less all its learnings with the media this year or in fact before half way. Haas don't just have F1 technical and sporting sides to be new to the sport, they also have their back office procedures to do as well. Yes 18 months may be a long lead time, but its only when they hit the cold hard coalface of F1 that those areas that may not yield tangible performance, they can have a noticeable impact on moral of a team that can affect track performance indirectly.
Take note people. That's a post that is deemed technically valuable and deserves an upvote.
Everything has a different degree of technical value to different users. It is a good explanation but this is normal and expected. In fact it can be argued that it is not technical information. once when i was on an environmental project there were different levels of who can communicate to the public/media and how you communicate it. Does not have to be a technical setting at all. Anyway i agree the post is valuable info.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

strad

I don't know exactly how much weight I'd give this, but Romain says this Haas car is the best F1 car he's ever driven. :roll:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

CBeck113

It's an F14T with a few updates, of course it is ;-)
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FW17

It certainly is the fastest car he would have driven considering this years car is way faster than the last 4 he has driven

Juzh

FW17 wrote:It certainly is the fastest car he would have driven considering this years car is way faster than the last 4 he has driven
2013 lotus was much faster. As in seconds upon seconds faster on some circuits.

Big Mangalhit

yeah both in absolute and relative terms.

FW17

Juzh wrote:
FW17 wrote:It certainly is the fastest car he would have driven considering this years car is way faster than the last 4 he has driven

Really?

2016 FP1
9 Romain Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:35.000 +2.706 18

2013 FP1
10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1’35.611 1.124 14

2013 Q
Romain Grosjean 1’33.762

2016 Q
Looks beatable

Pierce89

turbof1 wrote:

Seriously? Technically valuable?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Juzh

FW17 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

Really?

2016 FP1
9 Romain Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:35.000 +2.706 18

2013 FP1
10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1’35.611 1.124 14

2013 Q
Romain Grosjean 1’33.762

2016 Q
Looks beatable
Just wait till we get to some less power dependant circuits. 2013 was on medium tires anyway.

turbof1

Pierce89 wrote:Seriously? Technically valuable?
'Technically' encompasses more then just mechanical/aerodynamic aspects. Company structures, workflows, protocols and procedures and company organograms can be just as technical as the workings of a car. It's technical in a different sense, but still technical. It's why you often would call a good performany company a "well oiled machine".

Aside that, ESPImperium offered some very nice insight. I can't really be blamed to be an oppertunist and take advantage to take it as an example to try to lift post quality :P.
#AeroFrodo

strad

It's why you often would call a good performany company a "well oiled machine".
Very Good An excellent analogy.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

FW17

Appalling quality by Dallara; 2 wing failures and a cracked chassis after 45 days