2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
strad

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

So, Was it down to luck today?
The only luck I saw was bad.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Pierce89

Haas and Grosjean both seemingly made great decisions to pair up. I'm loving it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

continuum16

They could have been even better than they ended up. Grosjean probably lost 8 seconds in the pits across his stops (granted it was their first time ever, so I'll cut them some slack), which would have put him much closer to ricciardo. Gutierrez would have been there or thereabouts, and they could have been 5-6. With more of a setup than Australia they were close to toro rosso and red bull and close to Williams. Would not be surprised to see them take on Williams for a spot in the top 5 in WCC.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

bauc

Obviously Haas made a great car (with a major help from Ferrari all year long) and its nice to have this surprise start from a new team. The question now is, how much will Haas develop its car over the year without the help of Ferrari and which direction will they take for 2017.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Vasconia

Pierce89 wrote:Haas and Grosjean both seemingly made great decisions to pair up. I'm loving it.
Its a great combination of a quite good car, a good driver doing an excellent job, but also a competent and flexible strategy.

Big Mangalhit

FW17 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
FW17 wrote:It certainly is the fastest car he would have driven considering this years car is way faster than the last 4 he has driven
2013 lotus was much faster. As in seconds upon seconds faster on some circuits.

Really?

2016 FP1
9 Romain Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:35.000 +2.706 18

2013 FP1
10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1’35.611 1.124 14

2013 Q
Romain Grosjean 1’33.762

2016 Q
Looks beatable
Impressive race he did yesterday but got him a distanced 5th place. The 2013 Lotus had a double podium. Also Grosjean is a much better pilot in 2016 than in 2013, plus different tyres and temperature. I don't won't to lessen the great job of both Haas and Romain, it's just that that lotus was mighty impressive.

Rhodium

this SF-15T is correct no ?

(it's a joke ^^)

i'm happy to see a new team who work well, it's fresh for this F1 in trouble...

Lord_Shaitan

Big Mangalhit wrote:
FW17 wrote:
Juzh wrote: 2013 lotus was much faster. As in seconds upon seconds faster on some circuits.

Really?

2016 FP1
9 Romain Grosjean Haas F1 Team 1:35.000 +2.706 18

2013 FP1
10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1’35.611 1.124 14

2013 Q
Romain Grosjean 1’33.762

2016 Q
Looks beatable
Impressive race he did yesterday but got him a distanced 5th place. The 2013 Lotus had a double podium. Also Grosjean is a much better pilot in 2016 than in 2013, plus different tyres and temperature. I don't won't to lessen the great job of both Haas and Romain, it's just that that lotus was mighty impressive.
He didn't even say VF-16 is the best car he ever driven but "one of the best" :roll: .

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... q=grosjean
It was a good morale boost and confirmation that the car we are driving is probably one of the best I have ever driven.

PlatinumZealot

bauc wrote:Obviously Haas made a great car (with a major help from Ferrari all year long) and its nice to have this surprise start from a new team. The question now is, how much will Haas develop its car over the year without the help of Ferrari and which direction will they take for 2017.
Haas team will be well served just learning to setup a good car for now. No need to develop. They got what they wanted out of the season. Now it is time to turn to 2017 and head back to that Ferrari wind tunnel.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

saturn13

They are doing a lot better than I thought. They said midfield and I thought last. They are 1.5 sec. a lap off the pace. 77 sec. behind at the end. They are just a better than the teams behind them. Haas said they want to build there on car. They are going to build there on NASCAR cars. I have seen fiber on those cars. I have seen one those compress the front and bounce back into shape. Maybe Kevlar. Even saw a crew hitting the body with a hammer like they use to do with metal. So they might start making fiber body and other pieces for F1 also. I like to think that Stewart-Haas changing to Ford, that Ford will make a F1 engine for Haas F1. They already have a turbo V6 racing engine. They see the efficiency that Mercedes is getting and think they are getting behind and had better join in. They do have a development driver. An American with an an Italian name. If that could be put at the top. Driving for DAMS in F3.

Pierce89

saturn13 wrote:They are doing a lot better than I thought. They said midfield and I thought last. They are 1.5 sec. a lap off the pace. 77 sec. behind at the end. They are just a better than the teams behind them. Haas said they want to build there on car. They are going to build there on NASCAR cars. I have seen fiber on those cars. I have seen one those compress the front and bounce back into shape. Maybe Kevlar. Even saw a crew hitting the body with a hammer like they use to do with metal. So they might start making fiber body and other pieces for F1 also. I like to think that Stewart-Haas changing to Ford, that Ford will make a F1 engine for Haas F1. They already have a turbo V6 racing engine. They see the efficiency that Mercedes is getting and think they are getting behind and had better join in. They do have a development driver. An American with an an Italian name. If that could be put at the top. Driving for DAMS in F3.
And American with an Italian name, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you are talking about Santino Ferrucci. If Haas bring him along that would be cool. He seemed alright his first year in f3.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bdr529

saturn13 wrote: I have seen fiber on those cars. I have seen one those compress the front and bounce back into shape. Maybe Kevlar. Even saw a crew hitting the body with a hammer like they use to do with metal. So they might start making fiber body and other pieces for F1 also.
The front and rear bumpers, hood and deck lid are made of carbon fiber/kevlar, the rest of the nascar body is still made of sheet metal.
I'm not sure if the teams make their own front and rear bumpers, I dont think so, but the hoods are made by
3 different companies Five Star Race Car Bodies (Chevrolet), Roush Industries (Ford) and Crawford Composites (Toyota)
and the rear deck lids are only made by Composite Resources

saturn13

Thanks. Stewart-Haas had been buying their cars. They said they will build their own cars. From what you said they will buy the fiber parts. I sure thought I saw a fender. Edwards put on a fiber fender. They will hire a lot of people, Stewart said. Those people from USA-1 might still be there and the giant oven.

bdr529

saturn13 wrote:Thanks. Stewart-Haas had been buying their cars. They said they will build their own cars. From what you said they will buy the fiber parts. I sure thought I saw a fender. Edwards put on a fiber fender. They will hire a lot of people, Stewart said. Those people from USA-1 might still be there and the giant oven.
I don't want to fill this topic up with NASCAR talk, so I'v sent you a PM with some more info

FrukostScones

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... as-whiners

sheesh, bought himself a 2015 Ferrari car (with 2016 PU) and now bragging about how good they are...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.