Will Ferrari supplying Force India F1 Team for 2017 season onwards?

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
theriusDR3

Will Ferrari supplying Force India F1 Team for 2017 season onwards?

Ferrari teams are down to 3 (Ferrari, Haas and Sauber) for 2017 season because Scuderia Toro Rosso recently announced Renault switch for 2017 season. Force India are getting worst start for 2016 season with Mercedes-Benz AMG HPP power units. Force India should use Ferrari power units for 2017 onwards to make Force India more competitive. I think Force India still a vacancy for 4th Ferrari customer slot for 2017 because F1 power unit's customer capacity are 4 PUs. Force India VJM01 was the last-ever Force India F1 car to use Ferrari engines in 2008 season.

Do you think Force India suitable to use Ferrari power units for 2017 onwards?

Pierce89

Re: Will Ferrari supplying Force India F1 Team for 2017 season onwards?

Well, the Mercedes is better and cheaper, so I'm not seeing it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

F1YMS

I doubt this will happen.

Jolle

No, unless they are giving them away for nothing. The whole paddock wants Merc power. Haas has Ferrari power because they get the car with it and Sauber had them because they were trading them for windtunnel time. RedBull and Toto Rosso are stuck with Renault/Ferrari because Mercedes doesn't want to supply another "works" team.

The team's strength at the moment is the Mercedes power/contract.

Manoah2u

I can only see that happen if Force India will transform into Alfa Romeo, which i really dont want to see happen, as i really really really like Force India the team,
i have lots of respect for the guys over there, and i have no intel nor is it any of my business what Vijay is legally involved in at this point, but Mallya is imho one
of the last 'real' F1 playboys. Big money, big spending, sexy women, glitter and glamour, the guy partied like it's hot, meanwhile under Bob Fernley the team fared
pretty well. I'm pleasantly surprised theyre still very much around and doing very much well, there has been a minor 'fallback' after Fisichella's achievement @ Spa,
but they're still doing amazingly well, so i would hate it if the FI team gets under corporate takeover from FIAT into Alfa Romeo.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"