[KVRC] Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Alonso Fan

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Sounds like quite a lot of work, to make and drive! :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RicME85

Re: RE: Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Yeah that's far too much work for anyone In the competition to sort out. Shame though as it would look amazing.
Alonso Fan wrote:Ouch, that picture goes right through me (shudders).

On another note, how easy is it to export to AC and have a drivable car?
It's even more colourful now.

wesley123

Alonso Fan wrote:On another note, how easy is it to export to AC and have a drivable car?
RFactor might be easier. Not certain though
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Alonso Fan

I was wondering earlier if we could have a generic lmp1 car for the AC model, but just adjust the physics based on CFD results for each team's car? so the external model would be the same, but each team would have their car in essence. since suspension and tyres are standardised in kvrc anyway. and we could also standardise the engine and gearbox, just adjusting power? we could have different liveries to differentiate each team?

how easy would that be to do? (since I have no experience of modelling for games)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

wesley123 wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:On another note, how easy is it to export to AC and have a drivable car?
RFactor might be easier. Not certain though
It is about the same :(

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:I was wondering earlier if we could have a generic lmp1 car for the AC model, but just adjust the physics based on CFD results for each team's car? so the external model would be the same, but each team would have their car in essence. since suspension and tyres are standardised in kvrc anyway. and we could also standardise the engine and gearbox, just adjusting power? we could have different liveries to differentiate each team?

how easy would that be to do? (since I have no experience of modelling for games)
Much easier! We would renounce to the possibility to see the "real" geometry (but we could use different colors). To define only a specific aero profile would be quite easy and fast. You gave me an idea... maybe I will realize it later (2017...) ; )

Alonso Fan

That's great! ;)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

RicME85

Thats a great idea!
Wouldn't be able to use it for the actual results because our races are essentially time trials with no overtaking taken in to account.
Would still be fun to see what could happen and if it produce a different result. Could do it after each race with the new data for the cars and see if pecking orders change in rFactor too.

Alonso Fan

And then after each round, every team could be sent their updated car so they can drive it for fun as well :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

TalnoRacing

If not taken, I will use number 48.

LVDH

Hi guys,

short update: Probably today I can finally get started on the new homepage. It will include a sign up form where you can enter your desired grid number. So please stop posting them here. I will try to assign them with the priority expressed until this point in the forum.

I have been able to convince a friend of mine to help my with all the web stuff and the online simulation tool. This means that it could already be ready for the first race.

If there is no input about installing OF on Windows I will simply have to make a decision at some point. The registration form will ask you about your OS, this will at least give me a good overview about what you guys have.

Also I have heard about some people I know who would like to join the new competition so there might be some additional strong competitors. I hope everybody gets healthy in time. Last year I had to design the car with an operated hand. It was painful and the result was not perfect.

Ft5fTL

If we are going to use one generic model i can help with rFactor 2 (with video tutorial, helping to convert etc..). Isi published some good modding tools lately.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

OK,

The skeleton of the page is done.
However some of the new content will come from you guys.
In the registration form you can enter info about your team and some car images. If the file limit is too small for you, you can add a link to a web folder or something with more images in the final text box. As soon as some nice images have arrived I will open up the site.
As I cannot add a contact form to the free coming soon plugins I found, for now the registration will temporary happen on my company homepage:
http://mantiumchallenge.com/

CAEdevice

Very good job! I am in place were is difficult to find an internet connection... see you in a few days!

HP-Racing

LVDH wrote:OK,

The skeleton of the page is done.
However some of the new content will come from you guys.
In the registration form you can enter info about your team and some car images. If the file limit is too small for you, you can add a link to a web folder or something with more images in the final text box. As soon as some nice images have arrived I will open up the site.
As I cannot add a contact form to the free coming soon plugins I found, for now the registration will temporary happen on my company homepage:
http://mantiumchallenge.com/
What kind of images are you looking for? Renderings or the CAD-model? Are there any specific views you would like us to send to you?

I'm probably asking a bit early but which race track are we starting with?