2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sosic2121

Re: 2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

[quote="Samraj_official"]but FI was 0.5 seconds slower than williiams in silverstone quali during dry conditions!!![/quote]
only in q3. all of them set their best times in q2. bot was 0.3/0.4 faster than hulk/perez and massa was 0.2 slower.
Williams is traditionally quicker in Q than they are in the race.
also, imo, their is strategy is often really bad. maybe they limited by tire deg more than some other teams.
on the other hand, FI is really aggressive with strategy.
I expect them to beat Williams in the end.
it's really easy to become FI fan :-)

Samraj_official

sosic2121 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:but FI was 0.5 seconds slower than williiams in silverstone quali during dry conditions!!!
only in q3. all of them set their best times in q2. bot was 0.3/0.4 faster than hulk/perez and massa was 0.2 slower.
Williams is traditionally quicker in Q than they are in the race.
also, imo, their is strategy is often really bad. maybe they limited by tire deg more than some other teams.
on the other hand, FI is really aggressive with strategy.
I expect them to beat Williams in the end.
it's really easy to become FI fan :-)
yes, i love the team because of their team strategies and their pit wall is just super effective!!!

sosic2121

they often use one driver to clear road for the other. also their drivers make these strategies work.
I wish Ferrari had FI's pit wall. they would have couple of wins this year...

flickerf1

Force India wind tunnel work focused on 2017: http://www.pitpass.com/56727/Force-Indi ... ed-on-2017

I didn't know FI had always run without a 60 percent model all these years. Update optimization and they brought a new FW this weekend, but did anybody see it? Because I haven't.
The Wicked + The Divine.

Manjhi

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... orce-india
Looks like Checo is still not sure where he will drive next year. Does FI is not giving him what he wants or his sponsors are controlling his future ? As a SFI fan I hope he stays. Otherwise, SFI will only have Gutierrez and Pastor as the only choice left.

NAPI10

FI has done phenomenal job in first half of season. They could very well end-up 4th by end of 2016 season. Probably the best team on grid, in terms of ‘Money spend per championship point’ –
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/20 ... a-continu/

Sasha

The latest Japanese Autosport Magazine has a story that Force India will have a Honda!!??

Fulcrum

That would be interesting.

It could be a strategic masterstroke, especially if they can get it very cheaply. Honda's trajectory has been upward all year. Admittedly, they were improving on a sub-standard product to begin with, but the scope is there to deliver a competitive package next year considering the token system has been removed.

Personally, I'd stick with the Mercedes though.

raksf1

Definitely they will stick with the Mercedes engine.

FW17

Sasha wrote:The latest Japanese Autosport Magazine has a story that Force India will have a Honda!!??

Internally are they prepared to supply a second team?

vas_04614

Don't they have contract with merecedes till 2019. Not sure they can afford to break it.

Thunder

If the Honda Terms are good enough Money surely won't be a Problem.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

IamLegend

Sasha wrote:The latest Japanese Autosport Magazine has a story that Force India will have a Honda!!??
I was under the impression that McLaren had an agreement with Honda that they won't supply to the other teams. That's why Red Bull is running on Tag Heuer because McLaren blocked Honda from selling to them this year when RB was looking.

But IMO it's better to stick with Mercedes anyway unless Honda gives that little something extra to sweeten the deal. :mrgreen:

Jolle

IamLegend wrote:
I was under the impression that McLaren had an agreement with Honda that they won't supply to the other teams. That's why Red Bull is running on Tag Heuer because McLaren blocked Honda from selling to them this year when RB was looking.

But IMO it's better to stick with Mercedes anyway unless Honda gives that little something extra to sweeten the deal. :mrgreen:
McLaren (Dennis) has veto rights who Honda supplies to. At least for a period of time. I don't see that McLaren is afraid that FI will make a better car then them.

With RedBull it's a different story (and also why Mercedes or Ferrari didn't want to supply RedBull with an up to date PU)

IamLegend

Jolle wrote:
IamLegend wrote:

McLaren (Dennis) has veto rights who Honda supplies to. At least for a period of time. I don't see that McLaren is afraid that FI will make a better car then them.

With RedBull it's a different story (and also why Mercedes or Ferrari didn't want to supply RedBull with an up to date PU)
Better car than McLaren!? Where have you been these last two seasons mate, they are giving those two ex-world champs and "Dennis the Menace" a run for their money. So I think they should be really really scared. :D