[KVRC] Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Ok! I have to chose the main color of the livery. White with grey and orange details or orange with white and grey details?

LVDH

Design questions are for the Italians. I mean colors. Keep the engineering further north.

CAEdevice

Ahah you are right, but consider that an Austrian once said "Italy is only a geographical expression."

Also consider that is probable that two teams from Italy will be on the podium ;)

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:Also consider that is probable that two teams from Italy will be on the podium ;)
Possible is the word you were looking for.
Variante will be somewhere on top.
JJR likes it up there as well.
Then if you look at some of the other teams, esp. HP-Racing showed great improvement in very short time, I see others who have good chances.
I think it is difficult for a second Italian team to get up there, but sure, it is possible.

pierlu99

And there will be also another Italian Team in the intro class ;)

CAEdevice

pierlu99 wrote:And there will be also another Italian Team in the intro class ;)
Interesting podium perspective ;)

What is the name of the new team?

pierlu99

Hahah, I hope so :)
I think I will decide the name of the team in the next days

LVDH

Hi guys,

HP-Racing offered some help, so today I sent a small test case to verify that everything is working as intended on Windows using OF v1606+.
Just not to give the team an unfair advantage you can also access the file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/kh7nzkwfxwlnj ... ar.gz?dl=0
Maybe some more people with Windows could test the install and the test case. If problems occur, please report them.
I am still working out some things in the background before I open up the new homepage.

etsmc

Is there a read me in the download or is setup quite straight foward? I can set it up on a machine tomorrow and test if so.

LVDH

Well after installing OF v1606+ like described on their homepage you only have to unpack my small case and run the runcase script, which will hopefully just work out of the box. If not I have to figure out why.

LVDH

That file was no good. This should work better:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfmw8iuy32hbl ... ar.gz?dl=0

etsmc

just tried to download and got a file no longer available from dropbox

LVDH

No idea what is going on there. But the case had a small issue as well. According to HP-Racing the third one does the trick:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/neq983fxfr0x3 ... ar.gz?dl=0

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:No idea what is going on there. But the case had a small issue as well. According to HP-Racing the third one does the trick:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/neq983fxfr0x3 ... ar.gz?dl=0
I installed OF+1606 and it works correctly. When I launched "runCase.sh" some logs (mesh, solver, ...) have been written, but they don't include any text. Is this correct?

Does Paraview need to be installed? Which preferred version?

LVDH

That is strange. HP-Racing was able to send me the logs. They all looked fine.
For now you do not need Paraview unless you want to post-process yourself. This was only a test of the OF setup, which seems to work fine. Please have another look and make sure that you do not get any logs at all. Maybe your disk is full.