[KVRC] Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Alonso Fan wrote:something for the homepage before Monday

http://i67.tinypic.com/e7i45g.jpg
Nice rendering and perspective view... I can't wait too see more of your car.

Alonso Fan

I will upload some more renders today once I've sorted out minor issues with the livery. Sketchup's inefficiency is making the job really time consuming and tedious to do though
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

pierlu99

Wow! Very impressive car and very nice rendering Alonso Fan. I also use Sketchup and for me, it's very difficult to make nice renderings.

etsmc

I have tried running the test case and don't seem to be having much luck.
I installed OpenFOAM from the site and it all appears to have installed ok, I have run the runCase script and a command window opens, a lot of text scrolls down the window then it closes and the log files in the case folder are all empty.
I have tried reinstalling open foam but same result.
are there any specific/minimum requirements? does the default VM need to be running or should it start when I run the case?

Also any news on the heat exchanger rules? the only reason I ask is if the HX can not be rotated I am going to have to redesign my whole car unless the new minimum size fits in the front without rotating.

HP-Racing

etsmc wrote:I have tried running the test case and don't seem to be having much luck.
I installed OpenFOAM from the site and it all appears to have installed ok, I have run the runCase script and a command window opens, a lot of text scrolls down the window then it closes and the log files in the case folder are all empty.
are there any specific/minimum requirements? does the default VM need to be running or should it start when I run the case?

Also any news on the heat exchanger rules? the only reason I ask is if the HX can not be rotated I am going to have to redesign my whole car unless the new minimum size fits in the front without rotating.
How did you run the script?

RicME85

pierlu99 wrote:Wow! Very impressive car and very nice rendering Alonso Fan. I also use Sketchup and for me, it's very difficult to make nice renderings.
Making nice renderings is easy enough with Sketchup using Kerkythea, the problem comes when you want to do a nice livery with curves and sweeps rather than just a single colour all over with the wings in a different colour.

Alonso Fan

RicME85 wrote:
pierlu99 wrote:Wow! Very impressive car and very nice rendering Alonso Fan. I also use Sketchup and for me, it's very difficult to make nice renderings.
Making nice renderings is easy enough with Sketchup using Kerkythea, the problem comes when you want to do a nice livery with curves and sweeps rather than just a single colour all over with the wings in a different colour.
Precisely, hence why its taken me so long to do one, even though its simple
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

etsmc

HP-Racing wrote:
etsmc wrote:I have tried running the test case and don't seem to be having much luck.

i ran it from within windows by just double clicking it..

HP-Racing

etsmc wrote:
HP-Racing wrote:

i ran it from within windows by just double clicking it..
You have to start OpenFOAM and run the script with the unix terminal. When double clicking it in windows my PC also generates the files but leaves them empty.

etsmc

and that would be done by using the OpenFOAM_start shortcut on my desktop??
because when i run that i get an APPCRASH with the application name of_start_container.exe
the same happens when i try and run the OF_Env_create