Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

Re: Livery thread again!

ChrisDanger wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:some moar...
gpblog.nl not digging the hotlinks... They're fine once I've opened the image but that's probably from my cache. They come out as broken otherwise.
Yeah, most of the images refusing to display for me and trying to open the image in a tab I get a 101 error telling me I don't have permission to view them...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

j2004p

Manoah2u wrote:some moar
Liking the Mclaren with more Red!

Mercedes and FI are also very nice on these renders.

mclaren111

Looks great !!! Well done !!!

ChrisDanger

adrianjordan wrote:
ChrisDanger wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:some moar...
gpblog.nl not digging the hotlinks... They're fine once I've opened the image but that's probably from my cache. They come out as broken otherwise.
Yeah, most of the images refusing to display for me and trying to open the image in a tab I get a 101 error telling me I don't have permission to view them...
With broken links I usually click "Reply with a quote" on the post, then select the link text and open, or copy and paste or whatever. It works for these anyway.

Manoah2u

i'll try to fix it later today, busy now, wasn't aware of the issue.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

corrected, should be visible now.
Manoah2u wrote:some moar

especially diggin' the ferrari one and mclaren one. the sauber livery looks so much better if it's rather metallic blue like the GP2 team instead of flat blue.

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

can
can

I really hate the current F1 Teams for not having a design competition... Stupid Teams :roll:

The black and red ferrari livery is mental :mrgreen:

Manoah2u

Yeah i think the Ferrari, Mclaren and Manor liveries above are the coolest to pick from.
Unfortunately, Ferrari will not look like that because of the Marlboro partnership, having them needing to use the white and red colouring
to hint strongly towards the Marlboro packs, so it'd have a load more white unfortunately.

Design competitions would be cool , and generate lots of attention and social media followers. Imagine if they'd take in the designs if you'd be a
FB follower and upload there and then have a poll or something like that,
and then run THAT livery 1 race special with FIA permission, Monaco for example. or Singapore.

Imagine if ALL the teams would do a livery competition and in Monaco every team and driver gets to have a special livery and helmet. that would be super cool.
matter of fact, i think i'mgoing to promose this to the new F1 owners!

Starscreamer

Wow love the Manor :D
How can it be that we amateurs make better liverys then the F1 teams????
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Manoah2u

been discussed before, simply put it's because we haver artistic freedom,
and teams are restricted to sponsorship deals, sponsorship locations, and above all, visibility on TV and during races.
Something looking magnificient from the side on a computer doesnt neccesarily translate well into real life.

It also needs to be clearly recognisable. so while 'we' have complete freedom, 'they' have their hands tied behind their back.

Paul

McLaren did have driver overalls designed by fans at one point!

Facts Only

Starscreamer wrote: How can it be that we amateurs make better liverys then the F1 teams????
Can they? I can see lots of pretty colouring jobs on 2D pictures I dont see any properly designed and painted 3D liveries.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

OneAlex

Paul wrote:McLaren did have driver overalls designed by fans at one point!
I seem to recall some weren't bad, others were mildly horrendous.

Some pretty cool renders so far (accepting that McLaren will inevitably be a shade of dark grey while Ron is around), but I personally feel like Toro Roso's livery is getting a little stale now; I'd like to see it go with something completely different and fresh, and in different (lighter) colours.

7ka

Wow! Great job ! =D>

bauc

Paul wrote:McLaren did have driver overalls designed by fans at one point!
Yes I remember and they were different for each race
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg