Nose cone idea

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Carlos

Well not lame, exactly, personally I would say tame, it was a real pleasure to see Manchild post again ...opinions differ, that's why we type, type, type... so passionately :wink:

I would also like to see more highly technical voices on the Forum, perhaps they will return or arrive. I have answers or find them but not the sparkle of genuine curiosity I once had, each morning, opening the Forum.

manchild

Carlos wrote:I would also like to see more highly technical voices on the Forum, perhaps they will return or arrive. I have answers or find them but not the sparkle of genuine curiosity I once had, each morning, opening the Forum.
Thank to engine freeze, technology ban and standardized parts. Fortunately it won't last long - only one decade.

Just wait till FIA launches their own production of standardized aerodynamic parts as they've announced. Except chit chat in Genaral chat and Off topic chat there'll be nothing else.

That's like GP2 or WSR technical forum: aero, chassis and tyres - identical, engine, transmission and controls - identical. End of all topic except history related ones. Constructors championship - dead.

Conceptual

I think this concept is really very good, and none of the objections here are insurmountable.

I think that it is possible to not only vent out the topside of the nosecone, but the sides as well, allowing for ground effect usage as well as generating downforce over the front wheels.

When the teams start to design bodywork that will create vorticies along the skin that act like rollers, the drag will come way down since the air would never need to seperate from the bodywork.

On a paralell topic, does anyone else believe that the new monocoque side wings act like ostritch wings at speed? Actually "lifting" enough of the body to alter the power:weight ratio?

Anyways, this is my first post so let me say something before I am boo'd off the forums. I have gone to college to and the military for several different engineering fields (computer, electronic and mechanical) but never graduated with a degree. Truth be told, once I learned my way around AutoCAD, I lost interest in anything else. Although now I am finding that I should have stuck around for the Solid Works classes so I could do CFD on my physics defying attempts at making the world a faster driving place!

Its nice to be here, and I look forward to learning a great deal from others that are this passionate about Formula 1!

Chris

flynfrog

Ciro Pabón wrote:Well, I've been nagging Manchild to come back. I hope he continues to post.

So, sorry, flyn, AeroGT, it doesn't seem OK with everybody, but frankly, the forum has become a little lame.

Now, all I need is Reca back to share with an irredent tifosi... :)

Welcome, LoudHoward, thank you very much for the info.
I miss manchild

his rants were some of the best comedy on here

and once in a while he knows what he was talking about

Mikey_s

I too was pleased to see MC back, and disappointed that his return was met with hostility.

Aimed at no one in particular I would suggest that posters debate issues and not people - everyone is entitled to an opinion, with the caveat that it should be reasonable, non-offensive and legal! (and preferably based on real world values!!). The only people entitled to mute, or expell anyone are mods (not even sure if there are mods in F1T???), or the site owners.

Welcome back Manchild, please stay...
Mike

Nazario Nuti

I could mesh your idea quite nicely and accurately.

Let me know if your interested, contact me through msn nazario_nuti [at] hotmail.com

ciao
Naz.

manchild

Nazario Nuti wrote:I could mesh your idea quite nicely and accurately.

Let me know if your interested, contact me through msn nazario_nuti [at] hotmail.com

ciao
Naz.
Thanks for the offer but it's not the intellectual property of mine since I haven't registered it. So, if you'd like to mash it for your own pleasure and share it with general public I could only support that. Feel free to do with it whatever you like.

rjsa

Re: Nose cone idea

I've been reading around, no good source to point, that Ferrari is comming up with a nose cone like this this year. If anyone finds goond information please let us know...

FLC
FLC

I read in a few places that AS had an article which stated that they are trying it in the wind tunnel and if all goes well it will be used. I tried to search for that article, but I can't find it.

manchild

rjsa wrote:I've been reading around, no good source to point, that Ferrari is comming up with a nose cone like this this year. If anyone finds goond information please let us know...
So they stole secret information from me. I'll settle with stripping of their 2008 WCC points and 100 mil $ fine. :lol:

FLC, AS as autosport?

FLC
FLC

From what I knoww AS refers to Autosprint.

rjsa

manchild wrote:
rjsa wrote:I've been reading around, no good source to point, that Ferrari is comming up with a nose cone like this this year. If anyone finds goond information please let us know...
So they stole secret information from me. I'll settle with stripping of their 2008 WCC points and 100 mil $ fine. :lol:

FLC, AS as autosport?
I can assure your drawings from page one at least have been hijacked. Seen them in a couple of forums...

dumrick

FLC wrote:From what I knoww AS refers to Autosprint.
Usually, the italian press by this time of year begins speculating about the design of the new Ferrari, referring to "inside sources". Everytime I remember comparing with the actual car, they were just making stuff up. Maybe F1T was their source this year to sell paper. Just goes to show how important this site is growing to be.

Well, it's not like we have to wait much longer to check it. The Ferrari presentation is this Sunday, right?

Carlos

Manchild - A patent illustration for a jet plane with internal wing.

Other designers are having similar thoughts.