2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10

Re: 2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Looking at FI reaction to probable (or confirmed) ouster of Perez; I think they are comfortably sitting on ‘Plan B’ & ‘C’.

It will be blessing in disguise, either by strengthening relationship with Merc or rekindle romance with McLaren-Honda. Either way, they will make sure to secure 6th or 7th at worst in 2017.

IamLegend

NAPI10 wrote:Looking at FI reaction to probable (or confirmed) ouster of Perez; I think they are comfortably sitting on ‘Plan B’ & ‘C’.

It will be blessing in disguise, either by strengthening relationship with Merc or rekindle romance with McLaren-Honda. Either way, they will make sure to secure 6th or 7th at worst in 2017.
Not sure where this news is from, Perez is going to be kicked out of Fi!? Source please!

NAPI10

Use the wrong word 'Ouster' ; I mean probable 'Exit'...sorry for the confusion.

Manjhi

Jolle wrote:
McLaren (Dennis) has veto rights who Honda supplies to. At least for a period of time. I don't see that McLaren is afraid that FI will make a better car then them.

With RedBull it's a different story (and also why Mercedes or Ferrari didn't want to supply RedBull with an up to date PU)
I don't think Mclaren will allow Honda to supply Force India until they are sure about their own development. Like Mercedes team did, they first ensured their own development. Mercs team knew the capability of Williams,FI & Mclaren in 2014 and hence they supplied them 2nd grade engine. FI & Williams might not for the best aerodynamic cars, but on certain circuits they are strong and they could challenge the top teams. So Mclaren knows what FI could do, so Mclaren would prefer Manor over FI,Williams & Sauber.

Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:Looking at FI reaction to probable (or confirmed) ouster of Perez; I think they are comfortably sitting on ‘Plan B’ & ‘C’.

I think 2017 will decide faith of honda engine, if they successfully defeat Ferrari then I think Honda engine will be hot favourite, if offered at reasonable price.

Plus I think Perez should be with FI next season. If he leaves Pastor would be my 1st choice,if he brings 35+$ million. :D

Fulcrum

I could see McLaren allowing Force India to have a Honda engine supply provided they employ Van Doorne as one of the drivers.

NAPI10

I think the same -
Plan B - Employ Pascal n get discount on Merc engines
Plan C - Employ Stoffel (if Button stays) n become McLaren-Honda B team

Manjhi

NAPI10 wrote:I think the same -
Plan B - Employ Pascal n get discount on Merc engines
Plan C - Employ Stoffel (if Button stays) n become McLaren-Honda B team
Force India will never act as B-team, Mallya is not that kind of guy who will compromise his drivers position in race just because some team offers FI engine and driver. In last 9 years this team along with sauber has gained a lot of respect just because they both have independent operations.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

IamLegend

"For pounds spent in F1, they are the world champions," says Sky F1's Martin Brundle.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12477/ ... t-the-odds

NAPI10

Congratulations FI for achieving 4th in construction championship. Best F1 team for ‘Dollars per Point’ period.

I hope u will continue to beat all odds, all financial instability rumors, threats from big teams around and bring home the glory once again in 2017.All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAG

Fourth in the constructors might not seem like a big deal, hell teams like McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull do that and it's seen as a miserable failure. But Sahara Force India making it into that spot, it could quite possibly be the greatest single achievement in the sport to date this century by a midfield Team! I'm not kidding here.

The difference in payout will mean a world of difference to the team and could potentially give them a leg up on the rest of the mid field, in 2017 as well. Between the Mercedes engine and what they've been able to do with the resources all this despite the legal wranglings surrounding them due to their duplicitous owner it's a Christmas miracle what this little team that could has achieved.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

turbof1

We are closing the 2016 team threads. The 2017 Force India team thread can be found here: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 15&t=25529
#AeroFrodo