2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
basti313

Re: 2016 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Mercedes

Phil wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:yeah right, an entire race with G-forces, pressure, stress, and no batting an eye,
but a simple tire test will fatigue the driver? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
...I don't think these things can be looked at linearly.

E.g.: 300km of being subjected to x amount of force is not comparable to double the amount of force at half the distance. And it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that a hangover might have caused this.
I read about 2 laps. I guess you do not need to discuss any forces with 2 laps.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Gaz.

Phil wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:yeah right, an entire race with G-forces, pressure, stress, and no batting an eye,
but a simple tire test will fatigue the driver? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
...I don't think these things can be looked at linearly.

E.g.: 300km of being subjected to x amount of force is not comparable to double the amount of force at half the distance. And it wouldn't be too far fetched to think that a hangover might have caused this.
Actually your comments remind me of a time when a mate picked me up to go to Silverstone when I had an incredible hangover. I was expecting him to pick me up in the car but he turned up on an RGV250 with a spare lid, OMG I have never felt worse.
Forza Jules

Phil

Yeah, me too. Or I had one of the worst possible days when I went to the Europapark (park with roller coasters) with an extreme hangover. It's not fun. Or driving with a friend fast over mountain passes with a hangover.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

A-Bap

Manoah2u wrote:
A-Bap wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Given he actually did some laps, it might not be naive to think he is actually unwell.
I read someplace, or perhaps heard it on Ted's Notebook--whatever. What I understand is that the new tires and higher downforce levels are proving to be very hard on the drivers--they're having trouble. A hangover plus the increased lateral G's could have done him in. Just putting it out there...
yeah right, an entire race with G-forces, pressure, stress, and no batting an eye,

better put it back where it came from......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GNbobdn-ME
at 04:49

ab_f1

Hi Guys, There seems to be an interesting snippet in AMUS gossip thread about Hamilton's Abu Dhabi test. Google translate is not of much help. Can anyone provide a better translation please? Sounds interesting about Lauda fighting Hamilton's corner to get him to test.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 76339.html

Hamilton bobbed before Pirelli test

Paul

Basically Mercedes wanted both race drivers to do at least a day with 2017 tires. Whoever would be world champion had to go to Kuala Lumpur for Petronas, so it was decided that the other driver would do the test. When Hamilton questioned the decision, Lauda asked him how much faster he thought he was compared to Wehrlein. Lewis answered "8 tenths" and Lauda said that was the reason,

ab_f1

Thanks Paul..

Just_a_fan

8 tenths is quite a specific amount. I wonder why he thinks that rather than just "a second or so". Presumably from data in testing and the simulator.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Paul

I f we take that number at face value that big of a gap can only be explained by Wehrlein's relative unfamiliarity with the car. Or Lewis was joking. Or somebody made up the whole conversation.

Gaz.

Paul wrote:I f we take that number at face value that big of a gap can only be explained by Wehrlein's relative unfamiliarity with the car. Or Lewis was joking. Or somebody made up the whole conversation.
There's been a lot of that recently. Someone on another forum is convinced that Mercedes are going to sack Hamilton because "someone in the paddock" told them.
Forza Jules

michl420

Mercedes Need a new Driver !!!!

Shakeman

WTF!

Rosberg retires...

Multi21

Shock report that Nico Rosberg has retired, it's not April 1st and it's on his social media and Sky sports. 1) Everyone's thoughts on the decision? 2) who will Mercedes benz promote? A clear #2 or take the gamble on Hamilton vs Alonso part 2, which I personally think could be even worse than 2007 no matter how friends they are. 3) does this change the Rosberg- Hamilton relationship like Senna and Prost's after Prost retired?

Shakeman

Any thoughts of punishing Hamilton just went out the window...

i70q7m7ghw

Button is available? Or maybe Alonso?