Red Bull RB13 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Just_a_fan

Re: Red Bull RB13 Speculation Thread

Juzh wrote:Supposedly inquired by mercedes.
Nope, Ferrari.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

FrukostScones

Merc has enquired aboout RB front bulkhead AA section:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rl&act=url

RB might be illegal but the matter will be dicussed in Febrauray to find a definite answer for 2018 cars ... 8)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

roon

FrukostScones wrote:Merc has enquired aboout RB front bulkhead AA section:

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rl&act=url

RB might be illegal but the matter will be dicussed in Febrauray to find a definite answer for 2018 cars ... 8)
I wonder what they're doing in that zone. The A-A section is the front of the monocoque/safety cell, spec'd as 300mm x 275mm.

Hadn't another article mentioned the suspension arms? If so we have rumors of arms, nose sections, & rear suspension devices for the RB13.

ME4ME

What freaks me out is that Mercedes inquires the legality of a feature of the RB12 (2016). The car was obviously deemed legal last year, so why would the FIA suddenly change their mind, or interpretation of the rules. The 2017 cars have already been developed and are probably in production by now. If the FIA is senseable they'll be consistent with their interpretation and do not make a mess of 2017. If they want to change the rules or their interpretation, they should do so for 2018 and make it utterly clear for all teams before they start developing those cars.

SiLo

Because they might not have noticed it until the off season when they will take a good look at everyone elses cars.

They noticed it didn't look right, then asked Charlie for clarification on it because it if gets ruled out, Red Bull have to make a change, and if not, they can copy it.
Felipe Baby!

FrukostScones

SiLo wrote:Because they might not have noticed it until the off season when they will take a good look at everyone elses cars.

They noticed it didn't look right, then asked Charlie for clarification on it because it if gets ruled out, Red Bull have to make a change, and if not, they can copy it.
no one is going to change their tubs for 2017, it will be discussed for 2018 develoment if I understood correctly.

at first CW didnt want to investigate, now it is to late as all tubs are signed off. So they look into the matter and see in Feb if the rule needs clarification regarding 2018. IIUC

timbo

With the swept front wing, I wonder how RBR would be able to use their low FW philosophy?
Is the angle of incidence of the FW relative to the reference plate specified in the rules?

RedNEO

FrukostScones wrote:
SiLo wrote:Because they might not have noticed it until the off season when they will take a good look at everyone elses cars.

no one is going to change their tubs for 2017, it will be discussed for 2018 develoment if I understood correctly.

at first CW didnt want to investigate, now it is to late as all tubs are signed off. So they look into the matter and see in Feb if the rule needs clarification regarding 2018. IIUC
Well luckily you don't have to change the whole tub to change the suspension. It's just that they would probably want to themselves if they had to take off the trick suspension..

FrukostScones

RedNEO wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:

Well luckily you don't have to change the whole tub to change the suspension. It's just that they would probably want to themselves if they had to take off the trick suspension..
what :?:

different matter!!! (some misunderstanding going on, talking about AA section inquiry by Merc and not Fer. pseudo FRIC inquiry).

RedNEO

FrukostScones wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:

what :?:

different matter!!! (some misunderstanding going on, talking about AA section inquiry by Merc and not Fer. pseudo FRIC inquiry).
Ok cool my mistake.

namao

First pic of the new car. See the rear wing.

lio007

namao wrote:https://s29.postimg.org/796eftpuf/image.png

First pic of the new car. See the rear wing.
I don't think it's the new car, although the rear wing height seems to be 2017-spec.

carisi2k

I agree. It looks like an RB12 with 2017 spec rear wing.

Holm86

Cant be the Pirelli test mule car, I think that one had a 2016 spec wing with added Beam wing to increase DF. But dont believe they have a 2017 model fully assembled and painted allready

dobbster71

Looks like the RB11 air intake. RB12 intake has a more circular shape.
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen