Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: Moving F1-Staff

mycadcae wrote:any information about moving F1 staff 2017?..any update?
TBH it's pretty hard to keep it up to date. There is so much going on, nealy every month a lot of Engineers switch the camps.

I've heard that Stefano Sordo landed at McLaren this past winter.

lio007

newbie wrote:I've heard that Stefano Sordo landed at McLaren this past winter.
Where did you hear that?

Scuderia1967

lio007 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
LinkedIn still lists him as a Red Bull employee...

lio007

Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Exactly, that's why I've asked...

Updated on LinkedIn now, btw, but as mentioned earlier he's been there for a while.
lio007 wrote:
05 Mar 2017, 18:50
Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Where did you hear that?
Exactly, that's why I've asked...

lio007

Wow, I didn't realize that Ben Waterhouse (former Deputy Technical Director, Toro Rosso) is now at Red Bull Racing since May as Deputy Head of Performance Engineering.

RBR now also has a Hydraulic & Power Unit Group Leader, although I don't know when he started.

lio007

it has emerged that Marcin Budkowski, FIA's Tech Chief, has left FIA with immediate effect and is now on gardening leave.

I'd really like to know where he is going, because he could be a massive boost for a team with all the inside knowledge about chassis and PU developments from all the teams.

ChrisDanger

lio007 wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 12:56
it has emerged that Marcin Budkowski, FIA's Tech Chief, has left FIA with immediate effect and is now on gardening leave.

I'd really like to know where he is going, because he could be a massive boost for a team with all the inside knowledge about chassis and PU developments from all the teams.
AMuS is reporting that an unnamed source suggests he's going to Renault.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 75107.html

bauc

ChrisDanger wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 09:10
lio007 wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 12:56

AMuS is reporting that an unnamed source suggests he's going to Renault.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 75107.html
Teams are getting ready to protest it, and I can understand why. This would be a ''legal'' spy gate part 2

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... ch-958936/
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Morteza

Couldn't FIA foresee a situation like this, so they could have take precaution?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Squid

There's not much the FIA can do. By Swiss law, which the FIA has to abide by, a gardening leave cannot be longer than 3 months. What can be done is a gentleman's agreement between the teams not to hire someone that has been in a position of trust in the FIA in the last 12 months.

Morteza

Squid wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 13:01
There's not much the FIA can do. By Swiss law, which the FIA has to abide by, a gardening leave cannot be longer than 3 months. What can be done is a gentleman's agreement between the teams not to hire someone that has been in a position of trust in the FIA in the last 12 months.
Oh, I see. Thanks for your elaboration.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bonjon1979

He'll be able to command such a high salary. It's kind of crazy though as he has seen all the designs for next years cars. I also think that it's a bit fishy how late in the season he's left it before quitting. The teams will be finalising their layouts and he'll have all the information to take with him for the start of the new season. It's not right but it's hard to see what anyone can do to guard against it.

iotar__

Morteza wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 11:24
Couldn't FIA foresee a situation like this, so they could have take precaution?
- to prevent what? Top teams complaining about the unfair world? That's what gardening leave is for anyway.

- It used to happen in the past for example with engine consultant G. Simon, nothing new, At least someone with a clue was working for FIA.

- You could have hired him yourself, you didn't - your problem. Renault are no better than them but at least behind =P~ .
- They weren't worried about fairness when they were getting away with cheating and kept fruits of it like in the case of Ferrari and oil-fuel tricks.