2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Morteza wrote:Guys I have a question: So Allison will start working for Mercedes come March 1st, right? Does that mean he will attend the tests starting tomorrow? Forgive me for this silly question, I'm just a bit excited :roll:
My guess is that until that day he is still under contract of Ferrari, meaning he is officially still on gardening leave. Ferrari will not allow him to attend testing until tommorow.
#AeroFrodo

diego.liv

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 28316.html

RB accusing Mercedes of mixing oil to the fuel in order to increase PU performance during qualy laps. Wolff answers back "Even before the season starts, everyone sees ghosts everywhere. We don't do it. In '13 Mercedes even proposed to limit the oil tank capacity to 5 kg"

Morteza

turbof1 wrote:My guess is that until that day he is still under contract of Ferrari, meaning he is officially still on gardening leave. Ferrari will not allow him to attend testing until tommorow.
skoop wrote:I haven't seen any comments on that. I can imagine that he'll stay in England, because in my opinion he doesn't want to travel as much and he wants to be able to take care of his family. Furthermore he has a lot of people to meet, a lot of things to learn and get to grids (is that how you say it? #-o ) with everything.
Maybewe'll see him at the second test
Thank you!
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PlatinumZealot

Bottas having a bit of a challenge getting on the pace that Ham has showed so far. Insider reports saying the ferrari is faster than a merc in the hands of Bottas.
Hopefully he improves for the second test.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Stalker1

PlatinumZealot wrote:Bottas having a bit of a challenge getting on the pace that Ham has showed so far. Insider reports saying the ferrari is faster than a merc in the hands of Bottas.

Yeah, the race simulation data from today showed that Hamilton was more than 0.5 seconds quicker on average on long run.

Quantum

Stalker1 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Bottas having a bit of a challenge getting on the pace that Ham has showed so far. Insider reports saying the ferrari is faster than a merc in the hands of Bottas.

Yeah, the race simulation data from today showed that Hamilton was more than 0.5 seconds quicker on average on long run.
Do either of you have links?

My overriding impression is that all teams are doing their own thing right now. There has been little to no direct comparison, so I would be interested to know how they compared it.
"Interplay of triads"

PlatinumZealot

Check james allen on f1 website for the story.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

dans79

You can just go back and pull race sim data from the previous live feeds.
http://www.autosport.com/live
197 104 103 7

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wass85

Re: 2017 F1 Pre-season testing February 27 - March 2/ March 7-10

For a fan Hamilton is massively frustrating. I for the life of me can't understand why he wouldn't want to spend every second possible in the car.

His work ethic, commitment and attitude is very questionable to me, it's of no surprise that he alienates himself from teams.

Restomaniac

Wass85 wrote:For a fan Hamilton is massively frustrating. I for the life of me can't understand why he wouldn't want to spend every second possible in the car.

His work ethic, commitment and attitude is very questionable to me, it's of no surprise that he alienates himself from teams.
Like when he turned up and actually drove for a tyre test without needing or being scheduled to be there you mean?
Last edited by Restomaniac on 02 Mar 2017, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Shakeman

Wass85 wrote:For a fan Hamilton is massively frustrating. I for the life of me can't understand why he wouldn't want to spend every second possible in the car.

You have no idea what it takes to be at his level, the commitment it has taken to get there and the commitment it takes to stay there.

If you read what the team have said about Hamilton it's clear he has taken them to places they have never been in pushing them forward. They team said there was a glitch and now they've found something in the data they didn't like, the team determines when the driver drives not vice versa.

Wass85

Shakeman wrote:

Garbage, you have no idea what it takes to be at his level, the commitment it has taken to get there and the commitment it takes to stay there.

If you read what the team have said about Hamilton it's clear he has taken them to places they have never been in pushing them forward. They team said there was a glitch and now they've found something in the data they didn't like, the team determines when the driver drives not vice versa.
So they decided to let Bottas drive instead, I'm not having it I'm afraid.

PhillipM

Bottas was driving in the afternoon anyway.

Adam_Birem

Wass85 wrote:
Shakeman wrote:

Garbage, you have no idea what it takes to be at his level, the commitment it has taken to get there and the commitment it takes to stay there.

So they decided to let Bottas drive instead, I'm not having it I'm afraid.
You may have noticed Mercedes is working by half days for their drivers.