Image size in F1T gallery

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Hi all,

Through twitter, a few people recently asked for higher res pictures in our gallery.
Currently, they are published in 800x533 format.
eg. http://www.f1technical.net/gallery/2017 ... 7/bcn7-027

I'm curious to hear more opinions on this.
What's the best way to improve our image gallery, according to you :?:
(think about image size, image quality, navigation, etc)

Sevach

Re: Image size in F1T gallery

Hummm, i would say 1 normal click from thumbnail to current size and if you want to a second click to expand into ridiculously large size is the best solution.

roon

Steven, I like that your gallery is lightweight, not laggy & burdened with code & adware. A distinction from just about every other motorsport website I can think of. Thank you for keeping it this way. You run a very tidy site, all around, really.

A simple hyperlink to higher res versions of an image might be nice, as Sevach says.

Pierce89

I second everything Roon said.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

jagunx51

Why cant we upload pictures directly from our PC ?

Imho, It will reduce times and simplify process....
............!!!!

Steven
Owner

roon wrote:Steven, I like that your gallery is lightweight, not laggy & burdened with code & adware. A distinction from just about every other motorsport website I can think of. Thank you for keeping it this way. You run a very tidy site, all around, really.

A simple hyperlink to higher res versions of an image might be nice, as Sevach says.
Performance matters a lot to me, so the aim is to keep it that way ;)
I do wonder however if it is clear enough that pics are added and present in the gallery?
jagunx51 wrote:Why cant we upload pictures directly from our PC ?
Imho, It will reduce times and simplify process....
You mean to the gallery, or to the forum?

For the gallery, the problem is obviously copyrights. I can't just allow everyone to upload anything, because f1technical does not own the content. Publishing that on the site would violate copyrights.

To the forum, well that is something under consideration. It's possible, but currently disabled for security reasons. I'll need to find a way to prevent viruses and malware to get uploaded. Suggestions welcome ;)

It is however HIGHLY recommended to use f1t images in the forum where possible. The free image upload sites, and other commercial sites remove their pics after some time, rendering our old topics rather useless...

Umbertoneds

I still like 100 i.e. 720x576, 1280x720, 1920x1080 etc. in pixel size, but not only as a naked window without border etc., but also in "normal view" with all the menu items, channel list etc.

WarnerAmbug
WarnerAmbug

when im browsing a gallery and i click on image for full size image, i just get a blank windows with a litlle red cross at left up corner.

whats wrong doc?
thanks
bruno