will Formula 1 and other auto racing series introduce car position LED lights panel device?

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
theriusDR3

will Formula 1 and other auto racing series introduce car position LED lights panel device?

Formula 1 and other auto racing series should introduce that device. Car position LED lights panel device is the device who mounted on the side of the car to detect the car position. IndyCar, WeatherTech Sports Car and DTM are also use this car position LED lights panel device.

this is the example picture of car position LED lights panel device

SectorOne

Re: will Formula 1 and other auto racing series introduce car position LED lights panel device?

That is something i would like to see on the shark fin.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Just_a_fan

Re: will Formula 1 and other auto racing series introduce car position LED lights panel device?

F1 fans can follow a race without such things... :wink:

I would like a return to prominent car numbers, however. Rear wing endplate would be a good place if not the side pod.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

3jawchuck

Just_a_fan wrote:F1 fans can follow a race without such things... :wink:

I would like a return to prominent car numbers, however. Rear wing endplate would be a good place if not the side pod.
And especially as numbers are now a career thing, highlighting the driver number is a much more visible way to identify who is in the car. I have never been very good at identifying helmets, other than the really unique ones. I can't be alone there can I?

Godius

They tested these things a couple of years ago on the Force India and on Hamilton's car I believe, It turned out not to be a huge succes: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/11/26/f ... wing-test/

JonoNic

While I can see the push to pass information being very useful at trackside, there are already indicators for this on screen. I also believe that with the more durable tyres it will be less of an issues to work out who is in what position. Maybe it is technology that's a little too late? If they trying to get more viewers trackside then that's great!
Always find the gap then use it.

deltaecho5

Last time I spoke with Hans at SPAA05, the company that developed the leader lights system used in IMSA and Indy, the current target is FIAWEC. There are some concerns for F1, as it took many prototypes for the system to fit the Indy Dallara roll hoop. PWC recently adopted the system as well, so in any event they've been busy and the system has been well received by timekeepers and fans alike.
⏱ Timekeeper by day, F1 Driver by night (whilst sleeping of course...)