2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bauc

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Interesting comparison between ALO & VAN driving styles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5pq4o_vxWs
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Sonador
Sonador

bauc wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 19:25
In the comparison Alonso is on a quick lap, and Vandoorne is full of fuel??
Or is he that slow compared to Alonso?

On the other hand everybody is slow compared to Alonso, only Hamilton is quicker i think.

godlameroso

Let's see, you can't say who's faster until they go all out in Q1.
Saishū kōnā

ollandos
ollandos

high possible wet fp3 and qual. ....With God On Our Side [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

GoranF1
GoranF1

ollandos wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 20:45
high possible wet fp3 and qual. ....With God On Our Side [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
And Alonso behind the wheel....
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

sasa.nikolic
sasa.nikolic

With all electrical problems they had I am not sure rain would be good for them ... could be lot of shocks ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PlatinumZealot

bauc wrote:
24 Mar 2017, 19:25
Vandoorne obviously taking it easy. Braking distances are enough to see the big difference.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Singabule
Singabule

Alo seems not happy, but car look planted but little bit understeer. Upshift is smoother, but still no power. 3 sec off pace, are honda will increase power a bit in qualy? P11-P13 still possible

GoranF1
GoranF1

The car is 3 secs off pace, it improved 0.7 secs from last years AUS quali, Mercedes and Ferrari improved 2 secs.
Disaster.

Haas is 1.4 sec faster, Williams, FI, Renault are all whitin 1 sec....even whit 100hp weaker engine they are whitin 1 sec
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

McL-H
McL-H

GoranF1 wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 09:40
The car is 3 secs off pace, it improved 0.7 secs from last years AUS quali, Mercedes and Ferrari improved 2 secs.
Disaster.

Haas is 1.4 sec faster, Williams, FI, Renault are all whitin 1 sec....even whit 100hp weaker engine they are whitin 1 sec
Still I'm very positive. It's obvious they are still having issues with the car, but the deficit to the midfield isn't that huge. We should not forget McLaren is still testing basically, they are miles behind on data and thus cannot extract everything from the car. Possibly the engine is detuned as well.

If Honda can have its issues fixed before the Summer break, McLaren could be in the mix again, and fight for P4 in the WCC. Close the gap a bit to the top 3 during the season, to fight them next year.

Forget about the last 2 seasons. Remember 2009! [-o<

Goran2812
Goran2812

Wow, just imagine if they didn't have problems... they would be right in the mix with mercedes and ferrari... hmmmmm
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

McL-H
McL-H

Goran2812 wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 10:18
Wow, just imagine if they didn't have problems... they would be right in the mix with mercedes and ferrari... hmmmmm
That's not what I said.

mwillems

The situation is a lot better than many on here predicted, for pace and for reliability.
We know that they are changing gear at sub optimal revs. It's an assumption but one with some factual weight (One third running of Merc) , that the mappings and setup are behind the other cars too. Not to mention that on Alonso's fastest lap (I believe) he reported coming off the final Kerb and having no power.

We don't know if the new mappings have compromised performance, and we don't know if they were still running detuned, despite turning up the power for qualy.

To me this suggests there is a lot of performance to be found in reliability updates alone. I'm positive for the season ahead. Depending on how quickly Honda can push out their updates. That said, to be where we need to be this season, we need to find 1.6 seconds minimum, I think.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Alonso Fan

They still have that vibration problem on upshifts. It's clear and loud on the onboard footage. I hope also that vandoorne is at least as fast as button was and is a bit closer to Alonso in the coming races.

On a positive note, at least it didn't blow up
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

JonoNic

Alonso Fan wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 11:07
They still have that vibration problem on upshifts. It's clear and loud on the onboard footage. I hope also that vandoorne is at least as fast as button was and is a bit closer to Alonso in the coming races.

On a positive note, at least it didn't blow up
A detuned engine that blows up would be very bad...I hope these prolonged vibrations on upshift does not affect the driver's sight too much in the race.
Always find the gap then use it.