New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
roon

Re: New Videos

Wonder how the Pirellis would fare.

Daliracing

Getting ready for this season!

jagunx51

Easy tips enjoying F1 2017 :

Mute your television ....and play this video

1.6L Turbo

=D> =D> =D> =D>
............!!!!

Hail22

Formula 1 2017 key regulation changes explained:

Pre-season testing explained:

Pre-season day 1 highlights and various clips:

Pre-season test day 2 highlights:

All credit to FOM, Liberty media and its affiliates for the above videos

Credit to: Jaume Soler for the above video

Posted here due to one of the videos being created prior to pre-season testing, apologies in advance!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

santos

Check this out... It even got DRS. How crazy is this!!!

Morteza

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Hail22

If only this years cars sounded like this :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPlOm5LjHQQ&dummy=1

So depressing...because it sounds so beautiful but will never be coming back :(
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

cplchanb

face it....the likelihood of that v10 engine note coming back is slim to none. you might as well accept the fact and really move on.

strad

cplchanb wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 18:09
face it....the likelihood of that v10 engine note coming back is slim to none. you might as well accept the fact and really move on.
Really????
Formula 1's new sporting manager Ross Brawn is hard at work devising the rules which will hopefully guide F1 to a prosperous future.

Last week, Formula 1 stakeholders met to discuss the F1 power unit of tomorrow, meaning beyond 2020 when the current regulation platform expires.

FIA president Jean Todt revealed that the plan is to make the current 'power units' simpler, cheaper and louder for the future.

"Before we think about a sustainable car concept for F1, the engine must be clarified," insists Ross Brawn.

"Everything else depends on it."
•FIA and Formula One set the direction of tomorrow's power unit

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport has the first details.

Correspondent Michael Schmidt said the early frontrunner for the 2021 engine concept is a V6 twin-turbo producing 1200 HP
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

cplchanb

strad wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 19:46
cplchanb wrote:
05 Apr 2017, 18:09
Really????
Formula 1's new sporting manager Ross Brawn is hard at work devising the rules which will hopefully guide F1 to a prosperous future.

Last week, Formula 1 stakeholders met to discuss the F1 power unit of tomorrow, meaning beyond 2020 when the current regulation platform expires.

FIA president Jean Todt revealed that the plan is to make the current 'power units' simpler, cheaper and louder for the future.

"Before we think about a sustainable car concept for F1, the engine must be clarified," insists Ross Brawn.

"Everything else depends on it."
•FIA and Formula One set the direction of tomorrow's power unit

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport has the first details.

Correspondent Michael Schmidt said the early frontrunner for the 2021 engine concept is a V6 twin-turbo producing 1200 HP
louder does not equate to higher pitch. A space shuttle is much louder than a fighter jet yet we appreciate the screaming blast of the latter more. The addictive aspect of the v10 was the engine pitch which is generated with very high rpms. I'm not sure a v-6 even at 18k rpm would be able to generate such a note. Then again with the fuel flow restrictions and no refuelling i would guess that the optimum rpm range would be in the low teens to begin with given the last 3 year's experience

strad

From the same article:
F1 driver turned pundit for German television Sky, Marc Surer, said: "We have two problems.

"First, the FIA does not want to abandon hybrid engines. But the single-turbo removes the sound.

"The single biggest problem with F1 at the moment is the sound, and this is simply not solvable with one big turbo. We need two turbos.

"But then it becomes technically difficult to get energy from the exhaust. So the FIA may need to sacrifice the MHU-H and offer the fans a better sound."
Of course it will never sound like the V10s but we can have better and have more power.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx

"The single biggest problem with F1 at the moment is the sound
Are they really saying this? :wtf: #-o :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unfair money distribution preventing new teams to come in, empty stands, audiences going down, restrictions at PU departmet while aero still enjoy free development, lack of on-track battles, red flags caused even by light rain... but some people still say sound is the biggest problem??? ](*,)

hurril

This business with the loudness is becoming annoying. Who in their right mind is going to claim that the V8:s had a better sound than the current V6T:s? They sounded like an angry chain saw for god's sake; the V10:s and the V12:s on the other hand sounded fantastic. So where were you sound terrorists in the V8 era?

Your incessant bickering about this is going to lead us down the stupid route of sound generators or something similarly dumb.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mclaren111

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Apr 2017, 12:24
"The single biggest problem with F1 at the moment is the sound
Are they really saying this? :wtf: #-o :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unfair money distribution preventing new teams to come in, empty stands, audiences going down, restrictions at PU departmet while aero still enjoy free development, lack of on-track battles, red flags caused even by light rain... but some people still say sound is the biggest problem??? ](*,)
Agree 1000% with you !!!!!

A car going at 330 km/h sounding like a lawnmower is just wrong. It must sound fast while going fast !!!!!!!!