2017 Pecking Order Speculation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SR71

Re: 2017 Pecking Order Speculation

hichamo wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 20:38
GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 03:56
TAG wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 03:42

Some very knowledgeable people get scooped up by F1 teams, others... throw words up on internet forums.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
it's amazing how people judge teams and drivers ect..
but its fine , it's better laughing than crying, sometimes it helps. =D> =D> =D>
True it's a speculation thread. We must remember have commentators can't see a stalling rear wing when it's staring them in the face! Nobody should take themselves too serious on this forum as everyone's wrong most of the time.

Ferrari for the championship!

Manoah2u

hichamo wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 20:52
instead of being happy about how close the competition is, and how good Ferrari has done to give us fans a good races and a big show, but nooooo, they will always come up with excuses ,
if Ferrari wins tomorow, you'l see a lot of people coming in here with their excuses over their preferd driver or team, hell they would blame it for a cat crossing the circuit or even a sh.t bird that distracted the driver.
we need a show in F1, not a train after qualifing!!!
why the hatred? where from? :?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

what it seems like after qually to me:

1 - Mercedes
2 - Ferrari
3 - Red Bull
4 - Williams
5 - Haas
6 - Toro Rosso
7 - Force India
8 - Renault
9 - Mclaren
10 - Sauber

I have a feeling however that Ferrari might surprise during the race.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

hichamo

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 23:00
hichamo wrote:
instead of being happy about how close the competition is, and how good Ferrari has done to give us fans a good races and a big show, but nooooo, they will always come up with excuses ,
if Ferrari wins tomorow, you'l see a lot of people coming in here with their excuses over their preferd driver or team, hell they would blame it for a cat crossing the circuit or even a sh.t bird that distracted the driver.
Not at all my friend, just saying that sometimes it's too much, no fair play😁😁😁

hichamo

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 23:00
hichamo wrote:
From Paris with hell, oups it's a movie😁😁😁,
Actually from France, Paris.

SR71

digitalrurouni wrote:
25 Mar 2017, 03:32
SR71 wrote:
22 Mar 2017, 07:20
1st half of the season:

1) Ferrari - those few hundred million injected since allisons departure bought this position
2) Red Bull - ultra simple philosophy will teach the usual aero guys on this forum some new perspective. Standard Newey
3) Mercedes- suspension ban cost them

2nd half of the season:
1) Red Bull - Renault upgraded and Newey development. No brainer.
2) Ferrari - expect usual Ferrari tactical errors to show their ugly head
3) Mercedes - full melt down mode with works pull out at the end of the year. Patty lowe comes out looking like a genius (which he isn't).
All due respect but wow I would like to have some of what you are smoking sir! :mrgreen:
Well I got one right (at least for the first race).

Sergio M. wrote a blank check for a few hundred million ON TOP of ferraris current budget.

Looks like it was spent wisely.

Manoah2u

I will use the above in the following

1 ) Ferrari, and it will stay there.
2) Mercedes, and it will stay there during half the season.
3) RedBull, and after half of the season they will battle with Mercedes for 2nd whilst Ferrari grows in the lead.

Conflict within RedBull regading how Daniel will have a constant car breakdown, and Max never, and will blame it on the team.Conflict within Mercedes when Bottas decides to overtake Hamilton and ignore team orders, and Hamilton starts reading a Rosberg 2016 repeat all over again

Net result:

Vettel WDC
Ferrari WCC

Kimi Raikonnen stops driving in F1 at the end of 2017.
Lewis Hamilton moves to Ferrari alongside Vettel in 2018, and will convince Newey to go to Maranello while
he's at it.

Bottas will stay at Mercedes in 2018.
Alonso will go to Mercedes in 2018 or simply end his F1 career and then DannyRic will take this spot.

you've heared it here first.

godlameroso

You forgot the part where the cars develop massively throughout the year, and Honda finally gets it right.

The first part doesn't seem obvious, but it will after 3 or 4 races, it's going to take 6 or 7 races for the second part though.
Saishū kōnā

mrluke

Even if the Honda engine becomes as powerful as Mercedes, Mclaren will still be fighting Force India.

Ill predict once again that Mclaren will be closer to the pole time at Spa and Monza than they are at Monaco. Further Monaco will be one of the worst qualifying performances of the whole year but the forum will generally blame the Honda engine for this.

garychopper

+1 with a slight correction :)
Manoah2u wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 21:50

3) RedBull, and after half of the season they will battle with Mercedes for 2nd whilst Ferrari grows in the lead.

Conflict within RedBull regading how Daniel will have a constant car breakdown, and Max never, and will blame it on the team.Conflict within Mercedes when Bottas becomes more and more competitive and Lewis starts throwing tantrums..

Net result:

Vettel WDC
Ferrari WCC

Alonso becomes more and more desperate to move and tries going to Mercedes/Ferrari who ignore his requests. He retires..
Lewis has a soft spot for Ferrari but I see his exuberant personality not gelling with Ferrari, Ferrari needs an understated driver like Vettel.
Vettel stays at Ferrari and is joined by Grosjean on a 1 year contract, Giovanazzi moves to Haas. Ferrari will try to get Ricciardo at the of 2018.

You heard it here first!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication- Leonardo da vinci

Mr.G

garychopper wrote:
28 Mar 2017, 14:10
+1 with a slight correction :)
Manoah2u wrote:
26 Mar 2017, 21:50

Conflict within RedBull regading how Daniel will have a constant car breakdown, and Max never, and will blame it on the team.Conflict within Mercedes when Bottas becomes more and more competitive and Lewis starts throwing tantrums..

Net result:

Vettel WDC
Ferrari WCC

Alonso becomes more and more desperate to move and tries going to Mercedes/Ferrari who ignore his requests. He retires..
Lewis has a soft spot for Ferrari but I see his exuberant personality not gelling with Ferrari, Ferrari needs an understated driver like Vettel.
Vettel stays at Ferrari and is joined by Grosjean on a 1 year contract, Giovanazzi moves to Haas. Ferrari will try to get Ricciardo at the of 2018.

You heard it here first!
Second that, except Ric, if they get Gro he will be good fit (IMO).
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

digitalrurouni

I believe Ferrari won't stay ahead of the game. We will get exciting battles between Vettel and Hamilton for sure but I believe Mercedes will pull ahead at the end and win constructor's championship and Hamilton will be WDC. I think Mercedes has the knowhow and the resources to get past the suspension situation they are in. I believe FRIC was removed mid-season wasn't it and they kept ahead. The W08 won't be as dominating a car as the previous ones were. Which will make the championship this year more exciting.

Also history in recent few years shows Ferrari starts strongly but then falters. Red Bull picks up pace on the other hand. I think Bottas will serve as a very good #2 driver this year and won't rock the boat because he is in a learning process. He will bide his time but there will be races where he will be ahead of Hamilton and that will cause some sparks. Team orders will come in to play then. I think Albert Park is a weird race but China will be a better indicator of the pecking order.

I just disagree wholeheartedly with the comment Mercedes in full melt down mode and will pull out end of the year. But it could well be the poster has more info than me whereas I am just making the best educated guesses (to me) possible lol!

Mr.G

digitalrurouni wrote:
30 Mar 2017, 15:16
... I just disagree wholeheartedly with the comment Mercedes in full melt down mode and will pull out end of the year.
Sure not till few more races. Niki explains it nicely after Australiang GP...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

PlatinumZealot

So after china Ferrari the quickest race car and equal on Quali with Mercedes.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Fulcrum

Two races under low grip conditions indicate as much, but Hamilton looked to be in complete control and, if there is a difference, its small. I don't think we've seen full pace from Mercedes or Ferrari yet, not for extended periods anyway. It will be interesting to see which team produces better performance evolution. Historically this would be to Mercedes advantage.